Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Collins came out today...

vCash

Jason Collins came out today...

What do you think?

Good read about his twin brother's reaction.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mag...her-jason-gay/

"At the end of the day, this is what matters: He's my brother, he's a great guy, and I want him to be happy. I'll love him and I'll support him and, if necessary, I'll protect him."

vCash
    God bless him and all the other sissys

Banned
    vCash
    Good maybe the media will shut the **** up now.

vCash
    I think the damn media needs to quit acting like this is such a great thing. It's not. And for a group of people that wants to be treated "fair", they sure do try to make a scene any time someone "comes out". I don't give a shit what he is, and nobody else should be concerned with it either.

As a man that is hoping to start a family with my wife soon...I don't see how you can raise a child these days when you can't turn on the TV without two men making out anymore. It's frustrating. I don't care what people choose to do, but don't force that shit down our throats thru the media when it's definitely not the "norm" in our country.

Rant over.

If I took that too far (I don't think I did)...I will delete it just let me know.

vCash
    You didn't go far enough. I'm straight with two kids and married. Hell I'm in the minority now. I should have my own show. Drug dog and family on A&E. Sundays at 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    You didn't go far enough. I'm straight with two kids and married. Hell I'm in the minority now. I should have my own show. Drug dog and family on A&E. Sundays at 7.
    You guys are about to bring out the goon squad (ennis, king, swdawg, etc)

vCash
    This weeks episode drug dog and family go to Church and then out to lunch as a family....what a strange thing with this family.

vCash
    +1. You are exactly right. It's almost like we should feel ashamed these days if we are a heterosexual white man married to a white female and have a straight white son, and we go to church on Sundays. It's frustrating as hell.

vCash
    This weeks episode drug dog and family go to Church and then out to lunch as a family....what a strange thing with this family.
    Haha, you're a trip Drugdog. And sadly, you are spot on.

vCash
    Right.

You are in that small minority of approx. 96% of Americans who are straight.

http://gaylife.about.com/od/comingout/a/population.htm

The roughly 3.8% of queers in America are definitely out to get you.**

Out of the closeted gay men in the NFL, MLB & NBA, (yes, they exist, believe it or not), this guy had the courage to make it public. I don't really have an opinion on that one way or another, since I don't give a crap.

My closing comment is if you really think a single NBA player coming out of the closet suddenly thrusts your straight lifestyle into a persecuted minority within America, then please seek professional counseling for your paranoia.

vCash
    Hopefully our society will get to the point where this isn't a story at all anymore.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Hopefully our society will get to the point where this isn't a story at all anymore.
    Uh it's not like conservatives are all up in arms about it. It wouldn't be a story at all without the militants set out to shove it down everyone's throat.

vCash
    You did take it too far.

Somehow, gay people gaining acceptance in society is a threat to you and your family plans? Maybe one day they will be treated fairly and these event won't matter...that's what they would like as well. Unfortunately, we aren't at that point, yet.

And for you someone who "don't give a shit what he is" - the rest of your post definitely contradicts that statement. It seems that you do "give a shit" - based on your admitted "rant" about it and the hyperbolic you can't turn on the TV without two men making out anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I think the damn media needs to quit acting like this is such a great thing. It's not. And for a group of people that wants to be treated "fair", they sure do try to make a scene any time someone "comes out". I don't give a shit what he is, and nobody else should be concerned with it either.

As a man that is hoping to start a family with my wife soon...I don't see how you can raise a child these days when you can't turn on the TV without two men making out anymore. It's frustrating. I don't care what people choose to do, but don't force that shit down our throats thru the media when it's definitely not the "norm" in our country.

Rant over.

If I took that too far (I don't think I did)...I will delete it just let me know.

Banned
    vCash
    You did not take it too far. Dont bow to the PC cultural Marxist bs.

vCash
    i love the fact that the really pissed guy in the SPS thread invoked Jackie's name. that's the funniest part of the whole thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by angusyoung View Post
    i love the fact that the really pissed guy in the SPS thread invoked Jackie's name. that's the funniest part of the whole thing.
    That was great. I got a kick out of it too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    Uh it's not like conservatives are all up in arms about it. It wouldn't be a story at all without the militants set out to shove it down everyone's throat.

These conservatives might be up & arms about it, provided Collins chooses to go overboard & marry a man.

Otherwise, I'm sure their famous tolerance will reign supreme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swdawg View Post
    You did take it too far.

Somehow, gay people gaining acceptance in society is a threat to you and your family plans? Maybe one day they will be treated fairly and these event won't matter...that's what they would like as well. Unfortunately, we aren't at that point, yet.

And for you someone who "don't give a shit what he is" - the rest of your post definitely contradicts that statement. It seems that you do "give a shit" - based on your admitted "rant" about it and the hyperbolic you can't turn on the TV without two men making out anymore.
    Gaining acceptance? Get a clue.

Treated fairly? Oh, you mean by having a big announcement ceremony about their sexuality? That is more than "fair" I would say. Especially when no straight people get a media circus for saying they're straight.

And as for your contradictory statement...you must not be able to read. My problem isn't that he's gay, my problem is that he is getting praised for it like he walked on water. And yes, as a Christian that doesn't believe people can be born gay...I don't want my children to turn on the TV and 9/10 shows have people in gay sexual type scenes as if it's the way it's supposed to be. It's not, in my opinion. That's why 4% of America is Gay, yet 96% of "family TV" is about gay acceptance it seems.

We get it, people can be gay. That's your prerogative, but don't act like gays are still treated unfairly when they dominate the media, and every time someone "comes out" it's a damn National event.

Hell, I'm sure a certain percent of Americans have Chinese decent, but every time someone says they're part Chinese we don't have a press release. Quit acting like if you're gay you're special. You want fair, fair is that you are no more deserving of attention for your sexuality than anyone else. So quit expecting it.

vCash
    Im just glad the story came out today so the sports media (esp ESPN) wont spend every SECOND on the Tebow situation..

vCash
    Hey Ronnie and sndawg, u can have an opinion when You have a family. I don't want my girls watching Bubba and Bill doing the big nasty of being exposed to it. We are living the way the bible intended , A man and a woman. How about you being tolerant. The way 96% of America lives.
    America was better when Andy and Oppie were on TV, not Jerry springer.