Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
Have you forgotten about Daniels next year? He'll be starting at the 4. He's Borchert with more quickness but less shooting range
NDoye was playing on a HS All-Star team
Houston should be better than DeRunnya- especially since he will be practicing the whole season.
Ware will be improved- he's made a big jump from last year
Sword certainly needs to work on his jumper- but he can attack the basket
Ready will be improved after a year to adjust

We are so young out there right now its crazy
Daniels averaged 7 pts a game in JUCO. He'll be more athletic than Borchert but he won't be a shooter.
Ndoye was playing on a very good team but he's still a developmental player.
Houston is extremely athletic and has good length but again, extremely raw and not a true scorer.
Ware is good and should improve but he'll be our only down low option on offense.
Sword is what he is.
Ready better score more than 8-10/game next year or its going to be tough to make NIT.

My concerns (and others too) with Ray are that he is attempting to take on too many developmental players. He's pretty much already filled up the next 2 classes and there isn't a high-major scorer among the bunch. The way the rules are now, you better start looking for scorers instead of just athletic defenders because the game has changed. Its much easier to teach defense to a shooter than it is to teach shooting to a defender.

If my view is seeing things through a negative lens, then I'd have to say your scenarios are the best-case. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Look I'm pulling for Ray and want to see him succeed. I think he really would if he had the players. However there are many people who have been heavily invested in basketball in the past who share my concerns. There's a lot of "wait and see" -ing going on.