Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: State vs Fla Game Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Have you forgotten about Daniels next year? He'll be starting at the 4. He's Borchert with more quickness but less shooting range
    NDoye was playing on a HS All-Star team
    Houston should be better than DeRunnya- especially since he will be practicing the whole season.
    Ware will be improved- he's made a big jump from last year
    Sword certainly needs to work on his jumper- but he can attack the basket
    Ready will be improved after a year to adjust

We are so young out there right now its crazy
    Daniels averaged 7 pts a game in JUCO. He'll be more athletic than Borchert but he won't be a shooter.
    Ndoye was playing on a very good team but he's still a developmental player.
    Houston is extremely athletic and has good length but again, extremely raw and not a true scorer.
    Ware is good and should improve but he'll be our only down low option on offense.
    Sword is what he is.
    Ready better score more than 8-10/game next year or its going to be tough to make NIT.

My concerns (and others too) with Ray are that he is attempting to take on too many developmental players. He's pretty much already filled up the next 2 classes and there isn't a high-major scorer among the bunch. The way the rules are now, you better start looking for scorers instead of just athletic defenders because the game has changed. Its much easier to teach defense to a shooter than it is to teach shooting to a defender.

If my view is seeing things through a negative lens, then I'd have to say your scenarios are the best-case. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Look I'm pulling for Ray and want to see him succeed. I think he really would if he had the players. However there are many people who have been heavily invested in basketball in the past who share my concerns. There's a lot of "wait and see" -ing going on.

vCash
    Golf's points are why a recruit like Newman is a must have for Ray. He is a McDonald's All American big time scorer and would compliment the players we are accumulating. If we want to have a break out NCAA type season, he is a kid that can get us there even if he only stays one year. Making the tourney in the season that we would have Newman would grant Ray another couple of years when we might let him go if he hasn't made the tourney by year 5. This is why I state Newman is a must have recruit.

vCash
    A must-have is something you have a chance at- we dont have a chance in the Newman race.

I think we are seeing improvement in the program and want to continue to see it in year 3. I've seen nothing that leads me to believe we wont.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is