Thread: Mississippi Prisons and Conjugal Visits

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash

Mississippi Prisons and Conjugal Visits

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ites-cost-and/
    "Citing the cost of cleanup and other expenses, and unexpected pregnancies, the first state in the country to allow its inmates conjugal visits will be ending its program Feb. 1.
    In Mississippi, eligible inmates are given one hour for a conjugal visit in a private area. They are issued soap, tissues, sheets, pillowcases and condoms, the Mississippi Department of Corrections told FoxNews.com. "
    What's everyone's opinion on this? To me, if they committed a crime that was worthy of going to prison, they shouldn't be allowed certain amenities. There's a reason that people aren't scared to go to jail anymore. I'm sure all of the inmates are responsible and use the condoms that are provided so another kid isn't being raised by a single mother.

vCash
    Conjugal visits should never be allowed in prison, period. Numerous murderers in this country have fathered children while incarcerated, and many of them denied life to victims that were parents. It really pisses me off. There's just no excuse for this.

On another note, many dangerous criminal personalities adapt to prison life very quickly. Many of which gain roles of power and dominance within their social structures. They can have access to things and continue to enjoy certain elements of life. It's the same life as on the street, but in a controlled environment. The question I ask people is, why would prison be much of a deterrent to a dangerous criminal?