Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Matthew Stevens trying to troll our fanbase?

vCash

Is Matthew Stevens trying to troll our fanbase?

Matthew Stevens ‏@matthewcstevens 3m
    In his Way Too Early Top 25 for the 2014 season @Mark_Schlabach has a Mississippi school at No. 20 and it's not MSU - http://espn.go.com/college-football/...op-25-rankings

I don't understand how this type of stuff helps the Columbus Dispatch.

I guess Stevens is right though, since Mark Schlabach didn't include MSU in his top 25, then MSU has no chance next season.* I guess Steven wins this discussion. Since we know that Schlabach spend a ton of time doing research, watching all the games, looking at depth charts, etc.. then Schlabach must be right and know what he is talking about.

Funny how the team that beat OM with a 3rd string QB playing most of the game, returns more players than OM, has an easier schedule than OM, and has the most talented QB in its' history, isn't ranked above OM.

I guess Stevens was right though and the rest of us are just idiots. We must be missing the boat fellas because Stevens has it all figured out.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-07-2014 at 09:17 PM.

vCash
    We are talking about the same guy that blocked me on his twitter months ago because I called his dumbass out on his shit!!! **** that Tard!

Banned
    vCash
    he blocked me too because I called him out. It will never end until our program blackball's him. I wish mullen would do him like spurrier did this cat....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vslVprDE-c

vCash
    Does a bear (no pun) dookie in the woods?

vCash
    Me three. He blocked me on twitter. You see a patern here. As I've said before I didn't realize how vicious this guy was until I heard his radio show. He is about 100% negative towards State. He's a coward.

vCash
    y'all remember that time this guy wrote that really great article about State?

me either. he's not worth reading.

vCash
    Yes, he thinks that's being unbiased. I think he's bordering on foolish with the anti-Dak rhetoric and his continuing to buy in to the OM recruiting hype. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by SDDawg; 01-07-2014 at 10:45 PM.

vCash
    Somehow I feel this guy somehow truly thinks that by covering a team and finding a raincloud in every blue sky people think about the team its going to net him a Pulitzer as a no nonsense hardline sports reporter or something.

vCash
    Kind of off topic, kind of not. But the Cardinals beat writers in St. Louis are very good about being objective about the team while also not being too down on the team either. There's an art to being objective because you have to be careful that you don't end up falling into the category of biased on the negative side.

A MSU writer tweeting out an article about Ole Miss that doesn't mention MSU is a little bit odd to me. That would be like the Cardinals beat writer tweeting out an article about the Cubs.

vCash
    First order of business for the new SID should be to blackball Stevens' ass. Make him the example -- and everyone else will get their shit together real quick and in a hurry.

vCash
    I just wish he would be down with getting the HELL out of Mississippi, seriously that bastard should try playing in oncoming traffic!

vCash
    Maybe some helpful information:

http://www.cdispatch.com/about/

Commercial Dispatch

Adam Minichino
    Sports Editor
    aminichino@cdispatch.com

Slim Smith
    Managing Editor who has hated on MSU several times the past year
    ssmith@cdispatch.com

Matt Stevens
    mstevens@cdispatch.com

Peter Imes
    General Manager
    pimes@cdispatch.com

Birney Imes
    Editor & Publisher
    birney@cdispatch.com

vCash
    When you listen to Stevens, you just hear that disdain for all things msu.

Even though he blocked me, you ever notice the background picture on his twitter account, he has a picture of an empty Mississippi State football stadium. Who in the hell uses a photo of an empty stadium unless you're trying to make a point.

Should have linked to C-Spire because they're propping up his radio show.

vCash

The Door Matt

Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post
    When you listen to Stevens, you just hear that disdain for all things msu.

Even though he blocked me, you ever notice the background picture on his twitter account, he has a picture of an empty Mississippi State football stadium. Who in the hell uses a photo of an empty stadium unless you're trying to make a point.

Should have linked to C-Spire because they're propping up his radio show.
    Door Matt is like a cartoon character on Loony Toons. Reads the new Acme Bomb product and launches to ED or SPS. Then we react. Never argue with a jackass. Three minutes into the argument you cannot determine who the jackass is.

vCash
    Unfollowed him on Twitter. You're not missing anything when you do.

vCash
    What else is Stevens going to do to get some clicks and generate some views, actually write a decent article?

He really is a one trick pony and not worth getting riled up over.

vCash
    On dec 30 I got on Stevens and Bubb Rubb- nemsdawg - polladawg-dawg pound rock all told me to quite bitching - does no good they said - I'm all alone! Seems to me the movement is starting to grow! Change your minds yet with Stevens new comments??? Wake up before your kids awake mumbling Hooty Toody! Go Dawgs! Change our mindset!

vCash
    I'd rather read Mein Kampf in German print (and I cant speak German) than anything Stevens writes or says
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAVdog View Post
    What else is Stevens going to do to get some clicks and generate some views, actually write a decent article?

He really is a one trick pony and not worth getting riled up over.
    Honestly, part of it is MSU's fault. They could very easily put a stop to it if they wanted to. The school has control over whom they grant media access to. It's a privelage- not a right.

I mean, Ole Miss has refused to give the media in Memphis requested information about the NCAA investigating them- and we can't tell a beat writer at a small newspaper that his credentials are being revoked?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Kind of off topic, kind of not. But the Cardinals beat writers in St. Louis are very good about being objective about the team while also not being too down on the team either. There's an art to being objective because you have to be careful that you don't end up falling into the category of biased on the negative side.

A MSU writer tweeting out an article about Ole Miss that doesn't mention MSU is a little bit odd to me. That would be like the Cardinals beat writer tweeting out an article about the Cubs.
    This. But not just this. It would be like the Mets beat writer linking to a power ranking and saying, 'There's one New York team in the top 10...and it ain't the Mets!' Huh? Why the heck would you tweet that? Just to piss everybody off who follows you?

He might as well have said, 'Hey State fans, check out this ranking....and suck it! Hotty Toddy!'