Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George O'Leary on recruiting

vCash

George O'Leary on recruiting

This is what Ole Miss people don't get. This article illustrates why buying player and enticing them with parties and sexual favors does no good. OM recruits "me" players or turn "We" players into to "me" players by the way they are recruited.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=...red-in-3-years

Banned
    vCash
    Plus many ones...great article

vCash
    Good find, Shotgun.

OM fans would laugh at it and shoot it down...but then they would see that we've beaten them in 4 of 5 and realize that ole George is right on the money

vCash
    Of course UCF's schedule is dog shit. Reminds me when everyone was touting Chris Peterson and all of his 2 and 3 stars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Of course UCF's schedule is dog shit. Reminds me when everyone was touting Chris Peterson and all of his 2 and 3 stars.
    You really have no idea what you are ever talking about.

vCash
    Who said anything about UCF? This is just a very experienced coach giving his opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    You really have no idea what you are ever talking about.
    his recruiting strategy is great for where he is. That has to be his strategy b/c he isn't going to land any 4 and 5 stars. It's hard for me to dumb down my posts enough for you to understand, but I guess I need to elaborate more.

vCash
    Well.....let's hope OM keeps their current policy. Will cause them more problems as time goes by. I agree with O'Leary (and Mullen's) policy. I am just not a "star" gazer. Give me more Gabe Jackson's, Dillon Days, BMacs, J. Banks, etc. We have had our share of 4-5 star busts (or didn't live up to the hype).

vCash
    his recruiting strategy is great for where he is. That has to be his strategy b/c he isn't going to land any 4 and 5 stars. It's hard for me to dumb down my posts enough for you to understand, but I guess I need to elaborate more.
    Are you a Bear?

Your problem is that you don't understand how this works.

You say Bama and LSU win just because of talent.

I say they win because they get very talented players that come in with the right mind set. Bama and LSU recruit well because kids want to compete for titles. Not because of parties, blow jobs, and recruiting fornication.

Players who go to Bama and LSU go there knowing they will have to earn everything and they will have to compete to play.

Your just to big of an idiot to realize this. I am all for recruiting guys that have tons of stars by their name, so long as they come to MSU for the right reasons. If you recruit star players at any cost, your cost will be a lack of wins and your coaches jobs.

Players go to LSU and Bama for the right reasons. That's why they win, and this is true in any sport at any level.

Banned
    vCash
    Isn't Ole Miss recrootin EXACTLY the right fits for their program? I mean they ARE all about the glamour and the 'I' crap. Star system suits them.

They only piss me off when they f*ck around and pay guys that prefer MSU then promptly ruin their careers. I mean, we all could be swayed by what they are doing, no matter how much guidance we get. Especially at 18.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Are you a Bear?

Your problem is that you don't understand how this works.

You say Bama and LSU win just because of talent.

I say they win because they get very talented players that come in with the right mind set. Bama and LSU recruit well because kids want to compete for titles. Not because of parties, blow jobs, and recruiting fornication.

Players who go to Bama and LSU go there knowing they will have to earn everything and they will have to compete to play.

Your just to big of an idiot to realize this. I am all for recruiting guys that have tons of stars by their name, so long as they come to MSU for the right reasons. If you recruit star players at any cost, your cost will be a lack of wins and your coaches jobs.

Players go to LSU and Bama for the right reasons. That's why they win, and this is true in any sport at any level.
    Holy shit, how did you extrapolate that from my post? Yes, I am a Bear. You got me dipshit. Bama just re-signed a guy who they previously kicked off their team for assault. Bunch of high character guy Bama and LSU target. Hell Mett was accused of rape at UGA, Les says sign his ass up. Bama and LSU win because they have better players than everyone else.

Let's not forget Saban lost to Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post

They only piss me off when they f*ck around and pay guys that prefer MSU then promptly ruin their careers. I mean, we all could be swayed by what they are doing, no matter how much guidance we get. Especially at 18.
    This is the only part that bugs me as well.

Look no further than Koolio's winning the Heisman as a freshman comments to illustrate OM's problems.

vCash
    Holy shit, how did you extrapolate that from my post? Yes, I am a Bear. You got me dipshit. Bama just re-signed a guy who they previously kicked off their team for assault. Bunch of high character guy Bama and LSU target. Hell Mett was accused of rape at UGA, Les says sign his ass up. Bama and LSU win because they have better players than everyone else.

Goodness you can't read either.

Nobody said anything about character. All the players you mentioned went to LSU and Bama because they wanted to compete for championships and under the assumption that nothing was going to be given to them.

Those players weren't recruited by social tactics. They went to those schools for football reasons only. OM doesn't recruit that way.

Banned
    vCash

YOU are the dipshit, dipshit..posing as a dog while bearing other loyalties... go **** yourself to hell **********

vCash
    You guys do not realize how GenesPage you sound when you accuse people of being closet Bears

vCash
    Ha, yes. Please dumb it down for me because obviously I am not intelligent enough to understand normal posts by the omniscient, peer-reviewed HoopsDawg.

You know, if you're the only person able to understand what you are ever talking about, and you're always wrong -- well, that is the definition of delusional.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    You guys do not realize how GenesPage you sound when you accuse people of being closet Bears
    you do not realize how ghey you sound when you speak; think or leave; that is the choice you have over here

Banned
    vCash
    Good read but his recruiting strategy smells more like Ron Polk than John Cohen. O'Leary would sign any 4-5* player that wanted to go to UCF. They don't so he's got his ass covered by saying he doesn't recruit stars. Bullshit. The top 300 players have stars and O'Leary would sign them just like any other coach would. Don't forget this is the same guy that Notre Dame hired and then had to fire 5 days later because he lied all over his resume.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Good read but his recruiting strategy smells more like Ron Polk than John Cohen. O'Leary would sign any 4-5* player that wanted to go to UCF. They don't so he's got his ass covered by saying he doesn't recruit stars. Bullshit. The top 300 players have stars and O'Leary would sign them just like any other coach would. Don't forget this is the same guy that Notre Dame hired and then had to fire 5 days later because he lied all over his resume.
    I don't agree that he would sign ANY top player who wanted to go to UCF. He obviously wouldn't avoid them all, as he recruited well at GT. but there is definitely a lot of truth behind bringing in guys who fit who you are and what you do. Obviously you want the most talented players you can get who are also the right fit, but it's hard to argue with his success. We need to continue to improve recruiting, but that will come the more we can establish ourselves as a winning program. I don't want to change a whole lot about our approach to recruiting.

You recruit like Ole Miss does, and you reap what you sow. They've proven that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Yeah, sounding Genespagish is probably last among things I care about. #whogivesashit