Thread: Rose Bowl

vCash

Rose Bowl

Am I the only one that hates everything about the Rose Bowl?

The exhaustive coverage that it is given each year before the game is even played. The boredom of Big10 football. The awfulness of Brent Musberger. I hate everything about it.

Keith Jackson was all it had left...and now he's gone.

Banned
    vCash
    did Keith die?..pardon me for asking... I always liked listening to him.. "he zipped that pass in and it had a lot of giddy up to it" he should have NEVER left SEC T.V. ...

vCash
    Normally I'd agree, but I like the brand of football these 2 teams play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    did Keith die?..pardon me for asking... I always liked listening to him.. "he zipped that pass in and it had a lot of giddy up to it" he should have NEVER left SEC T.V. ...
    Ha, no. I was referring to him retiring from the booth several years back. He was a great one

vCash
    I thought this thread was about Robertson when I opened it, ha.

Banned
    vCash
    To me the NYD bowls have always been mishandled. We had 3 SEC teams playing at the same time while this boring game gets its own time slot. Then on Friday the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl play basically at the same time. There's so much time from Dec through January that there's no reason these bowls should happen at the same time. It has to hurt viewership so I have no idea why the bowls can't get it right for their advertisers and fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
    I thought this thread was about Robertson when I opened it, ha.
    did he really predict State to go to the Rosebowl that year or is that just BS? Surely someone who knows football wouldn't predict an SEC team in the Rosebowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    did he really predict State to go to the Rosebowl that year or is that just BS? Surely someone who knows football wouldn't predict an SEC team in the Rosebowl.
    I think that year the national championship game was played at the rosebowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopconDog View Post
    I think that year the national championship game was played at the rosebowl
    ^^^This^^^

vCash
    I completely agree. I just about throw up every time I hear an ESPN talking head refer to it as "the granddaddy of them all," subtly implying that it's on or above the level of the National Championship game because it includes their two favorite conference, the Pac-12 and Big 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    whoa nellie

vCash
    They've been calling the Rose Bowl the Granddaddy for decades. I stiil long for those days of my youth when New Years day meant the big 4 bowls. Sugar, Orange, Rose and Cotton. And if there were two bowls opposite you had to get off your lazy ass and switch one of the 3 channels you had. They good old days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Normally I'd agree, but I like the brand of football these 2 teams play.
    Michigan State plays tough defense. They don't seem to be all that big but are extremely quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post
    They've been calling the Rose Bowl the Granddaddy for decades. I stiil long for those days of my youth when New Years day meant the big 4 bowls. Sugar, Orange, Rose and Cotton. And if there were two bowls opposite you had to get off your lazy ass and switch one of the 3 channels you had. They good old days.
    Awesome. I remember being preached to from everybody that if you sat to close to the TV it would ruin your eyes. As kids we would sit, literally, 2 or three feet in front of it, on the floor. You couldn't change channels or adjust the volume unless you could reach the set. So we gathered around it. Just like kids with their iPad now, lol. The more things change the more they stay the same. Pull a kids iPad outside their arms reach and see what they do. It sucks you in close like a magnet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Ha, no. I was referring to him retiring from the booth several years back. He was a great one
    No doubt. Keith was the best on TV. Jack was the best on radio. In their heydays.

vCash
    Michigan state is a very good team. I didn't think they would beat Osu and they surprised me again today. Mark dantonio is a very good coach

vCash
    I said three channels, but in the 1960's in Jackson, we only had two stations on our 20 inch black and white TV. Wjtv 12 with Ready killowatt and wlbt, Tall Tower 3.

vCash
    Stanford Coach getting blasted on twitter for his play calling.