Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMac isn't going anywhere

vCash
    Not saying I agree with what Freeze does, but they put Nkemdiche at RB, DE, and DT throughout the year and he played a little MLB for a couple of plays vs Georgia Tech. We could put McKinney at DE for a few plays throughout the season. It's not like it changes our entire defense. It's not like we would be putting Kaleb Eulls at quarterback.

Banned
    vCash
    Nothing wrong with stealing ideas from other teams including UOM. I'd love to see Chris Jones get some snaps at FB and a couple carries too. Good luck stopping him from getting a yard. Much prefer him trying to get a yard than Tyler Russell rolling out and trying to get a yard.

vCash
    Not sure that was sarcasm or not, but either way, just because the Rebels do something doesn't mean we have to do the opposite. I was just saying that they move Nkemdiche around on defense and we could do the same with a 6-5 MLB especially when the NFL projects him as a possible rush DE and we have had issues getting a pass rush over the past 2 seasons. But **** me.

Banned
    vCash
    No sarcasm. I'm agreeing with you except I wouldn't move Jonesy to LB I'd give him a few plays as a FB/HB.

vCash
    I hear ya. Valid point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    No sarcasm. I'm agreeing with you except I wouldn't move Jonesy to LB I'd give him a few plays as a FB/HB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    Not saying I agree with what Freeze does, but they put Nkemdiche at RB, DE, and DT throughout the year and he played a little MLB for a couple of plays vs Georgia Tech.
    I don't really like that they do this, though. Nkemdiche isn't good at RB, and he's definitely not good at MLB.

vCash
    With our D next year- McKinney will have a legit shot at the Butkus Award
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    NOTICE TO THE BOARD: I'm not advocating moving McKinney to running back. I was just saying that we could possibly look at him at DE on a few packages. Sometimes being unconventional helps you when you don't have Alabama talent across the board. If the NFL thinks he's good enough to possibly move there in certain situations, I am positive that he would be good enough at MSU.

vCash
    Look at what Keuchly, Willis and others are doing to redefine the MLB in the NFL as a new area of importance. He could be a dominant NFL MLB.

vCash
    NOTICE TO THE BOARD: I'm not advocating moving McKinney to running back. I was just saying that we could possibly look at him at DE on a few packages. Sometimes being unconventional helps you when you don't have Alabama talent across the board. If the NFL thinks he's good enough to possibly move there in certain situations, I am positive that he would be good enough at MSU.
    All I was saying was, ok great, Freeze moves Nkemdiche around. I don't think it's effective. I'm fine with McKinney being a rush end some, that makes sense. Just don't know what it has to do with Freeze. We move Chris Jones around, we just don't put him in spots that make no sense.

vCash
    Our staff moves guys around. Our D Line is always shifting. Yesterday our best DE, Preston Smith, played nose tackle and made a huge 3rd down play in a 3-4 scheme. Chris jones moves all over the place. We have linebackers at safety and safeties at LB. I wouldn't mind seeing McKinney at rush end every now and then, but I don't see why. We have tons of rush ends in Brown, Jefferson, Jones, etc. no need in sacrificing removing a stud MLB from the play just because you want him to get a snap or 2 at DE.

Nothin to see here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    he could do it without question. However taking him out of the middle of our defense may not be the best use of him. if let him play in the middle every snap I could. the guy has a nose for the ball and is never lost. limiting him to DE, even on some plays, wouldn't be a good move for the defense although y'all are right it could help his NFL stock.
    I'm with PH on this. Sure would hate to see him moved out of the middle. But, whatever we do, I just want to see him back at DWS next season.

vCash
    He dominated the Alabama game.

vCash
    Good point about DE. If the NFL is looking at him as a possible rush DE, why would we not be looking at that? He's a really good LB, but it almost seems that he's playing out of position because of his size. Aren't we deep enough at LB that we could put his hand on the ground some?
    We moved Titus Brown from MLB to DE and he provided a pass rush for us. Richie Brown would do fine at MLB. I don't think we will move McKinney, but it's an interesting thought.

Banned
    vCash
    wrong thread