Thread: Liberty bowl thoughts from an Owl

vCash

Liberty bowl thoughts from an Owl

Kudos to your team. Y'all did your homework and thoroughly thrashed us. We won't be able to sit down for at least a week!

Especially enjoyed meeting your fans at Silky's on Monday night. I got more drink offers than I could have possibly kept up with. Loads of fun hanging with y'all.

Lastly to the mods on your board for finally approving me to post at noon on game day! I guess they didn't want anyone on the board that didn't drink the kool-aide to stir things up pre game!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longsufferingowl79 View Post
    Kudos to your team. Y'all did your homework and thoroughly thrashed us. We won't be able to sit down for at least a week!

Especially enjoyed meeting your fans at Silky's on Monday night. I got more drink offers than I could have possibly kept up with. Loads of fun hanging with y'all.

Lastly to the mods on your board for finally approving me to post at noon on game day! I guess they didn't want anyone on the board that didn't drink the kool-aide to stir things up pre game!
    lol. it's recruiting season. we've got to keep rebels out of here. they regularly pose as State fans, bash our recruits, print it off, and show it to them... I kid you not.

Congrats to y'all on a great season. Winning a conference championship has to feel great. Hopefully we'll be in a spot to compete for one next season. Thanks for stopping by and thanks to your team and fans for showing such great class throughout. Best of luck next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    lol. it's recruiting season. we've got to keep rebels out of here. they regularly pose as State fans, bash our recruits, print it off, and show it to them... I kid you not.

Congrats to y'all on a great season. Winning a conference championship has to feel great. Hopefully we'll be in a spot to compete for one next season. Thanks for stopping by and thanks to your team and fans for showing such great class throughout. Best of luck next year.
    ^This^

I was really impressed with the Rice fan base. Great group on the message boards, and from what I here in person as well. I wish them nothing but the best moving forward. You could tell Rice is not a team that plays well from behind, so when we got up 20-7...it forced Rice into a tough spot.

Banned
    vCash
    We'd love to play a home and home series with y'all in baseball

vCash

Kudos to your team as well on a great season and a conference championship. You guys caught us peaking at the end of the year with our QB healthy once more but I'm impressed with what your coach has done with your program over the last couple of years. You guys keep up the good work and thanks for being willing to come over here and give us some props.

Banned
    vCash
    I like Rice. Kinda of sucks beating a school you can't hate. I prefer to beat a team I hate so I can enjoy our win and the opponents pain at the same time. Their baseball uniforms are cool too. similar to detroit's.

Banned
    vCash
    Yea the old school R is sweet. So are their football helmets.

vCash
    I liked them better without the funky owl wings.

vCash
    I liked the Rice Marching Band. Cellos and portable amplifiers were a great touch.

vCash
    I thought their band was kinda interesting.

Geezer
    vCash
    All the Rice fans I talked to before and after the game were very nice. I wish them well in the future.

vCash
    If you liked the band, search you tube for some of their better moments. Especially the show that caused the tamu corp to chase them into the stadium tunnel. Or better yet the show in Tulsa the year after ahole traitor Todd Graham left us after one year for Tulsa. Based loosely on his worthless life and Dante's 9 levels of he**.

vCash
    Did Jayson Carter get to dress out for the game? I was hoping to see him get a carry at the end of the game. Dude is an inspiration.

Was also hoping for one of those hilarious Rice fan "ESPN" signs.

Banned
    vCash
    I liked them better without the funky owl wings.
    Ha although totally ripping off Oregon I liked the wings. How long have y'all been using those helmets?

vCash
    If you liked the band, search you tube for some of their better moments. Especially the show that caused the tamu corp to chase them into the stadium tunnel. Or better yet the show in Tulsa the year after ahole traitor Todd Graham left us after one year for Tulsa. Based loosely on his worthless life and Dante's 9 levels of he**.
    Links?

vCash

Rice had a great fan base, nice people and lots of characters in the group. Great bowl game and congrats again to the Owls on a great season and your conference championship.

vCash
    Here is the script from the Tulsa show. A quick google search found by hrs of references to Tulsa filing a protest with the league
    http://mob.rice.edu/history/scripts/...24_Tulsa.shtml

vCash
    Here is a link to the most infamous of their scripts spoofing tamu. Really pissed them off when we beat them.
    http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~themob/history/11_29_73.html