Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arian Foster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Of course. But there's AP.............................................. then everyone else. Lynch is my #2, and the difference between AP and Lynch is a mile. I'm exaggerating a bit about starters vs backups, but not by much.

I'm sure that not every team would be lining up to have Eddie Lacy behind all the guys you mentioned though. Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Steven Jackson, Fred Jackson > Lacy. Reggie Bush can kick rocks.
    Last edited by esplanade91; 12-30-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Lacy is a beast. I'd take him over all those guys. 1200 yards this year with missing 2 games from a concussion. Ask the Packers how valuable Lacy was when Rodgers was out. Steven Jackson was a total bust this year and Fred Jackson was Spillers backup the first 6 games or so. Jamaal Charles and LeSean McCoy had better years than AP this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Lacy is a beast. I'd take him over all those guys. 1200 yards this year with missing 2 games from a concussion. Ask the Packers how valuable Lacy was when Rodgers was out. Steven Jackson was a total bust this year and Fred Jackson was Spillers backup the first 6 games or so. Jamaal Charles and LeSean McCoy had better years than AP this year.
    don't confuse a "better year" with being a better talent. AD (people, his nickname is "all day" = AD, because when he was little he could run "all day" not AP) charles and mccoy were in better systems on better teams. stick them on the 2012 vikings and tell me that they'd put up AD's numbers. they wouldn't come close. hell, put them on the 2013 vikings for 14 games and they wouldn't come close to putting up AD's numbers.

he's literally the only RB in the NFL i would pay huge money for and trade valuable assets for. and even still, he's reaching an age where you can only expect 2-3 more impact years from him, everything after that is gravy, but i wouldn't pay for or trade for him expecting him to keep playing like a stud well into his 30s. it just doesn't happen all that much.

i think the texans are a QB away from being back in the playoff hunt. everything just went terrible for them this year. the bad luck run of pick 6s, injuries, a coach that knew he was done by mid season. they'll be much like the chiefs from 2012 to 2013 if they either draft a good QB that plays solid from the beginning or they manage to sign/trade for a guy like alex smith. they don't need a bunch of picks, so trading down doesn't make a ton of sense if they think bridgewater or whoever is by far the best QB in the draft. foster could easily come into the 2014 season as rested as ever after getting his back issues addressed and only playing a half season this year after being among the league leaders in touches the previous 3 seasons. there's not much trade market for foster, maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but doubt they'd get a 1st rounder or multiple top 3 round picks. also, tate is a free agent, so they'd have to resign him, and he's been far more injury prone than foster, and i don't think dennis johnson is an every down back. so imo they'd essentially be saying they they could find a better RB with the 2nd or 3rd round pick they'd get for foster, which like flipping a coin. and despite common belief, prior to 2013, foster had only missed 2 games in his NFL career despite all the touches. i just think at this point, they are better off keeping foster, drafting bridgewater or another QB #1 and making a playoff run next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy, Eddie Lacy, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Reggie Bush are RBs every team wants. Charles scored 5 tds 3 weeks ago.
    really really bad tackling scored jamaal charles 5 TDs a couple weeks ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    If you are Texans management, would you look to shop him for picks or players. Texans just lost 14 straight, they need more help than Foster can give them.
    It is silly to think that they need so much help. Foster is a top five RB when healthy. They have great wideouts in Johnson and Hopkins, a great kick returner, a really good tight end, and a pretty good defense. Their o-line isn't terrible. They have one of the most dominant defensive linemen in the game. They are not far at all from being a very good football team. Some coach is going to come in there and look like a genius next year.

They have secured the first pick. If they get Clowney, imagine the damage he and Watt would do.

They need help at QB, DB, and K. They are pretty set otherwise.

vCash
    If they use their #1 to pick Johnny Football they should fire the GM and their new coach immediately.

If they want him, they should trade down, pick up an extra pick, and get a player who can help them immediately.