My family and I always thought I was going to go to Auburn. There was never any question until I realized Auburn didn't have meteorology and I had to find an alternative option. I researched MSU and the first time I set foot on campus I was 100% sold. I had never been there in my life until I went to visit and see what was there my senior year for honor band and that's all it took. Just absolutely fell in love.

Mississippi State is still an unknown to many people in Alabama. My high school counselors knew ZERO about MSU when I graduated in 2006. The most recent information that had from MSU was from 1998-1999. I had to do all the research myself. It's gotten way better since then, but I've had so many of the high school kids I teach ask questions about MSU because they don't know anything about it. Just going to keep spreading the good news about MSU because it was the perfect school for me and I think it can be the perfect school for so many more kids in Alabama if they actually knew what we are about.