Thread: Have to do some Christmas bragging on my wife

vCash

Have to do some Christmas bragging on my wife

I come from a family very heavily grounded in Auburn. It's what I grew up with and I was a die hard Auburn fan until I enrolled in MSU in 2006. I have loved every second of my time associated with MSU and wouldn't change it for the world. I joined the Bulldog Club back in 2010 and even through getting my Masters and my wife going to vet school, we've been able to do a little to give back to MSU.

Well when the initial brick buying came around for the new stadium expansion, I wanted in. Being a first generation Bulldog, I thought this was just a great way to get myself engrained forever in MSU. Have some physical representation of my love for MSU. After calculating finances and trying to get it worked out, I just couldn't make the numbers add up to buy one. Just living paycheck to paycheck and couldn't make it work as a teacher with a wife still in school.

Well today for Christmas, I opened up a picture frame of my Certificate of Appreciation from the Davis Wade Stadium Commemorative Brick Program with the brick that my wife and my very heavily Auburn based family helped pitch in and buy. I got the information about the brick buying program in the mail a while back and just left it on the table and never thought of it again after I figured out we couldn't afford it. She found the paper, contacted all my family, got everything set up, got the brick ordered, and now we are brick #881 on the Davis Wade Stadium North End Zone Expansion.

I know it's just one person's story, but it's just insane how much I love MSU and I just felt like I had to tell this. It's overwhelming how much MSU means to me and it's just a really cool feeling that at age 25, I get the honor of having my name on the side of a stadium of a charter member of the greatest football conference in the land.

Hail State everyone and I hope you guys have a blessed and Merry Christmas!!
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 12-25-2013 at 12:14 PM.

vCash
    Great Christmas gift!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    That is a really great story. Awesome family you got.

vCash
    awesome!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Original48 View Post
    That is a really great story. Awesome family you got.
    I'll offer up the majority of mine if anybody is looking to trade! Haha

vCash
    All kidding aside I agree pretty awesome.

vCash
    Mine bought me a new pistol......enough said!

Banned
    vCash
    Great story, but I must be honest. The best part of your story is your shunning of Auburn for MSU, especially in a big aubbie family. Do tell, how did that come to happen? Maybe that's something our recruiters need to know.

vCash
    Wonderful Christmas story.

vCash
    My family and I always thought I was going to go to Auburn. There was never any question until I realized Auburn didn't have meteorology and I had to find an alternative option. I researched MSU and the first time I set foot on campus I was 100% sold. I had never been there in my life until I went to visit and see what was there my senior year for honor band and that's all it took. Just absolutely fell in love.

Mississippi State is still an unknown to many people in Alabama. My high school counselors knew ZERO about MSU when I graduated in 2006. The most recent information that had from MSU was from 1998-1999. I had to do all the research myself. It's gotten way better since then, but I've had so many of the high school kids I teach ask questions about MSU because they don't know anything about it. Just going to keep spreading the good news about MSU because it was the perfect school for me and I think it can be the perfect school for so many more kids in Alabama if they actually knew what we are about.

Banned
    vCash
    Cool.

And I agree on Alabama students. It's an untapped resource for MSU.

vCash
    Haven't they waived out of state tuition for a lot of counties surrounding Mississippi. Seems like that would be a selling point.

Banned
    vCash
    I thought so too, but I don't know that it's true. I think it's half off for legacies though

vCash
    My son bought the entire family one of the big bricks for Christmas but the replica and certificate didn't make it in time as he is announcing it, I'm sitting there thinking, genius, one present for the whole family, why didn't I think of that. My late father would have loved it, he never was a big football guy, but he lived and breathed M S U baseball.

The wife bought a gun, one I wanted even. It helps when the gun shop owner calls a few weeks ahead of time and says, you're wife walking through the door soon, what do you want!