Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
I think Fox would not be fired at all in the 2023 season unless the most influential fans/booster/doners not directly intervened. Outside of Gambling Brad Bohanon and Sexting Cannizarro, I don't recall in-season baseball firings. I'm probably too MSU focused on that perspective. Also, seems that Head Coaches and PCs are hard-bonded unless the PC gets a HC job. Wes Johnson left us for Arkansas and it was for a PC/Head Coach in waiting scheme, no? Wes left many PC jobs, on his own terms.

Jay Powell and Jim Ellis openly derided the pitching approach and Jay Powell finally said, paraphrased, "this is hard to watch". He even complained that players were regressing and unrecognizable, specifically about Landon Gartman.

Seems the MSU Fan Mafia orchestrated this Coup d'Etat. Most other schools or fan-bases would have an "Aw Shucks" attitude about baseball pitching coaches. But not us, cold blooded bastards, MSU people stormed the Bastille.
Powell was right and especially on Gartman. I've watched that kid pitch since he was a young un. He had a heavy 2 seamer and got lots of ground balls. We tried to make him a 4 seam pitcher and pitch up in the zone. Landon was 92-93, which was great velo for a heavy 2 seamer, but not great to consistently pitch up in the zone. Like you said he was not the same pitcher I had watched for years, "unrecognizable".