Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elitedawgs has fired Lemon 3 times this season, pearl-clutched over RPI

vCash
    He should have been fired last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    I still want Lemon gone. He pulled the trick off this year, but it was due to the rise of Johnny Long. Long knew this team needed leadership and the coach ain?t going to give it so Long stepped up.

In college you need a coach like Polk.
    WFT? Has anyone underachieved more? He had everything to in place in win multiple natties. In a time when truly no one cared about college baseball and he had tons more resources than any other program.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Long? Really ?

He's batting .233 and has 1 homerun. Yet his "leadership" has disguised Lemonis from another bad season? Long has lost us 2 big league games that could have us challenging for the SEC title.

The Lemonis hate has really blinded some of you. We are having a good season and peaking at the correct time.

I am also as much of a critic of C34 as anyone, but he starts these threads because every time someone gets thrown out at third base there is a 5 page thread cursing the coaching staff.
    Last edited by THE Bruce Dickinson; 05-05-2024 at 10:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    WFT? Has anyone underachieved more? He had everything to in place in win multiple natties. In a time when truly no one cared about college baseball and he had tons more resources than any other program.
    Exactly. Polk is the Underachiever of all time
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    True. Polk should've won at least 2, maybe 3, nattys, but "that's baseball".

vCash
    I don't think it's "pearl clutching" to point out that smart scheduling would have us very likely to host, when instead we're still a longshot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I don't think it's "pearl clutching" to point out that smart scheduling would have us very likely to host, when instead we're still a longshot.
    Not really a long shot. Win 1 at Arky and 2 vs Mizzou and we're right there. Sweep Mizzou and it's likely

vCash
    Crap! Imagine how bad our non-conference record would be if we had played a tough schedule!

Banned
    vCash
    at least they blow the base running in a blow out loss****** sure looks elementary and evidently lemo does not focus on this aspect of the game. maybe he's been covered up refocusing the team so Long doesn't have to do it alone. congrats on 2 wins

vCash
    I wish we had the answer for a third starter. More so playing in a regional and we lose a game.

We should and I think we will win a game at Arkansas, the Friday night game should be interesting. Pitching will be fun to watch by both starters.

vCash
    Crap! Imagine how bad our non-conference record would be if we had played a tough schedule!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    maybe he's been covered up refocusing the team so Long doesn't have to do it alone.
    Well played.

vCash
    After losing today I think you're gonna have to win two at Upig and min. 2 and possibly 3 vs. Mizzou. Remember, even a win vs. UNA is gonna drag down our RPI and Mizzou does us no favors either.

Plus, they're not going to want to give another southern team a host site.

Here's what D1 projected as of Friday.

aTM
    Arkansas
    Clemson
    Tennessee
    Kentucky
    North Carolina
    Florida State
    East Carolina
    Oregon State
    South Carolina
    Indiana State
    Virginia
    Duke
    Oklahoma State
    UC Santa Barbara
    Oklahoma

Plus, UGA sweeping Vandy this weekend could put them in a position to steal a host over USCe. Either way, it's going to be extremely tough for us to steal a host bid.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Not really a long shot. Win 1 at Arky and 2 vs Mizzou and we're right there. Sweep Mizzou and it's likely
    I don't think this is right. At 17-13, our RPI will most likely be in the mid-20s.

At 18-12, our RPI will be around 20, and we're at least in the conversation, but even then it's iffy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    After losing today I think you're gonna have to win two at Upig and min. 2 and possibly 3 vs. Mizzou. Remember, even a win vs. UNA is gonna drag down our RPI and Mizzou does us no favors either.

Plus, they're not going to want to give another southern team a host site.

Here's what D1 projected as of Friday.

aTM
    Arkansas
    Clemson
    Tennessee
    Kentucky
    North Carolina
    Florida State
    East Carolina
    Oregon State
    South Carolina
    Indiana State
    Virginia
    Duke
    Oklahoma State
    UC Santa Barbara
    Oklahoma

Plus, UGA sweeping Vandy this weekend could put them in a position to steal a host over USCe. Either way, it's going to be extremely tough for us to steal a host bid.
    Everything you said was correct, except the bolded. The selection committee has no anti-SEC or anti-South bias in regional host selections.

Remember 2016? All 16 host sites were in the "South" (assuming you count Lubbock, TX, as Southern).
    2018 - 14 of 16 host sites in the South
    2019 - 13 of 16 host sites in the South
    2022 - 14 of 16 host sites in the South (if you count Maryland, which is admittedly a stretch)
    2023 - 14 of 16 host sites in the South, and 8 in the SEC
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 05-05-2024 at 05:24 PM.

vCash
    I'm saying that in relation to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. I don't consider them "south".
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I don't think this is right. At 17-13, our RPI will most likely be in the mid-20s.

At 18-12, our RPI will be around 20, and we're at least in the conversation, but even then it's iffy.
    Our RPI is 18 now. Winning one at Arky and 2 vs Mizzou wouldn't have us in the mid 20s. It would probably be mid to low teens. Which like I said, puts us in the discussion

vCash
    Just win, things always work out.

vCash
    Everything you said was correct, except the bolded. The selection committee has no anti-SEC or anti-South bias in regional host selections.

Remember 2016? All 16 host sites were in the "South" (assuming you count Lubbock, TX, as Southern).
    2018 - 14 of 16 host sites in the South
    2019 - 13 of 16 host sites in the South
    2022 - 14 of 16 host sites in the South (if you count Maryland, which is admittedly a stretch)
    2023 - 14 of 16 host sites in the South, and 8 in the SEC
    Or ELO ranking is 12. A win at UPig and 2/3 from Mizzou and we host.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Or ELO ranking is 12. A win at UPig and 2/3 from Mizzou and we host.
    Nobody cares about our "ELO ranking" is. I just made up my own QK ranking and put us at #1, and it will mean just as much.

I can't guarantee anything the committee will decide, but it would be very out-of-character for them to give us a hosting bid if we finish 17-13 and an RPI around 25. There's no reason to expect that.