Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parker and the transfer portal

vCash

Parker and the transfer portal

Am I alone in thinking that what Parker has done with the staff should translate into us having an easier time bringing in a better caliber of pitcher thru the portal? A few good pitchers would help the offensive transition that we will be dealing with next year.

vCash
    likely all comes down to the cheddar.

vCash
    It will help for sure. Money will play a role also as the previous poster said. We picked up a damn good one in Purdue last year- need a couple more for 25. No idea what we gonna get from Loftin or Grant next season but hopefully they get right.

The problem is that there are only a handful of top arms available and about 20 teams bidding on each
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The positive with the portal is you can get a couple of good pitchers and completely change your season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    The positive with the portal is you can get a couple of good pitchers and completely change your season.
    No doubt, had we gotten Skeens, we'd have hosted last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    No doubt, had we gotten Skeens, we'd have hosted last year.
    seems a big part of going to LSU was pitching coach, plus they looked like a team ready to compete.

I do hope we can keep Mershon . We really can sell a great pitching coach and a really good infield for 2025 to a pitcher.

vCash
    Not with Foxhall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    Not with Foxhall
    Oh yeah, because he wasn't assistant coach of the year after winning a natty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I do hope we can keep Mershon . We really can sell a great pitching coach and a really good infield for 2025 to a pitcher.
    Thats going to be tough between getting drafted and his brother entering college. Him being here next year would be a huge win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Thats going to be tough between getting drafted and his brother entering college. Him being here next year would be a huge win
    did we recruit Mershon's brother?

vCash
    You need big cheddar for Skenes and Holman last year, but you can get tremendous value from guys like Peyton Tolle that went Wichita State to TCU. Medium cheddar gets you Mason Molina, the TTU to Arkansas transfer.

Everything should be easier when winning.

Also need to clear some space for new players.

vCash
    Man, I wish we would pony up big and get Jurrangelo back for one more year. I think another year with Parker and he?d be a top 10 starter in the country.

vCash
    Latest mock draft had Lo going 1st round.

Mershon wasn't listed in the top 10 rounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post

Never mind then. Haha

vCash
    Going to appreciate his play even more from here on out. Such a fun player to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post

Dirtbag may not get drafted high enough and that would be great. Then we have to fight off his brother and SC. As I said- getting him back would be a win. Him, Cupp, Pulliam, and Stevens should be a very good infield

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    likely all comes down to the cheddar.
    Pitchers are also looking at development and stuff like that because if LSU has a bad pitching coach and pays you more then you're worse off than you would be going to MSU for less in the short term and playing for Foxhall.

vCash
    I'm betting Holman is wishing he had chosen us at this point rather than LSU. If you add Holman as a starter on this team or even if we had a healthy Dohm back we would really have a stud pitching staff.

vCash
    Dirtbag may not get drafted high enough and that would be great. Then we have to fight off his brother and SC. As I said- getting him back would be a win. Him, Cupp, Pulliam, and Stevens should be a very good infield
    The Mershon family has impressive DNA for D1 athletics. Two switch hitters. They are like the North Carolina Cozarts.

Maybe winning, the big Cozart kid will flip back to Lemons, Parker could be a catalyst to bring this kid back. Maybe he will be drafted too high, regardless. The Cozart kid has flipped so many times, I just noticed he is an Aggie commit these days.

https://www.perfectgame.org/players/...aspx?ID=672296

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'm betting Holman is wishing he had chosen us at this point rather than LSU. If you add Holman as a starter on this team or even if we had a healthy Dohm back we would really have a stud pitching staff.
    I've been thinking this since we embarrassed him in week one of SEC play.