Thread: Lemonhaters bout to be big mad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Nah. Context matters he has already won a natty and MSU is an elite baseball program historically. He would need to do this at a southern miss type to get in COY discussion
    disagree. Each season is based on its own. You want the other factors in because you dont want to acknowledge that he has really done a damn good job this year

UPig was supposed to be Top 5. Van Horn hasnt done shit. He is matching expectations

Lemon has exceeded expectations- thats undeniable

State has had 5 losing seasons in the last 15 years. Your opinion of our program doesnt match reality- is that really "Elite"????? (I'll go ahead and inform you- noooooooo its not)

Elite programs dont have a losing record 33% of the time. Stop being morons
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-02-2024 at 10:52 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    disagree. Each season is based on its own. You want the other factors in because you dont want to acknowledge that he has really done a damn good job this year

UPig was supposed to be Top 5. Van Horn hasnt done shit. He is matching expectations

State has had 5 losing seasons in the last 15 years. Your opinion of our program doesnt match reality- is that really "Elite"????? (I'll go ahead and inform you- noooooooo its not)

Elite programs dont have a losing record 33% of the time. Stop being morons
    huh? do you know who you're talking to? I'm a huge Lemonis fan. Dude brought us a championship 3 years ago. but youre still wrong, you aren't going to get COY at state being a top 15 ranking with 16 sec wins at the end of the year coming off a losing season. get out of your little bubble of just MSU, it's a national award. Now if he gets us to 18 wins and top 3 in the SEC, yes absolutely.

vCash
    huh? do you know who you're talking to? I'm a huge Lemonis fan. Dude brought us a championship 3 years ago. but youre still wrong, you aren't going to get COY at state being a top 15 ranking with 16 sec wins at the end of the year coming off a losing season. get out of your little bubble of just MSU, it's a national award. Now if he gets us to 18 wins and top 3 in the SEC, yes absolutely.
    It's far more plausible than you'd like to admit. Lemonis was 9-21 last year in conference. Really only brought in 3-4 impact players and is going to win 15+ games. That's a hell of a turnaround in what is the toughest conference in college baseball. Look, I'm no Lemonis fan, but he has managed this team very well more times than not this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It's far more plausible than you'd like to admit. Lemonis was 9-21 last year in conference. Really only brought in 3-4 impact players and is going to win 15+ games. That's a hell of a turnaround in what is the toughest conference in college baseball. Look, I'm no Lemonis fan, but he has managed this team very well more times than not this year.
    I completely 100% agree he has done a hell of a job this year. I also don't think that wins you COY at State. Like I said, doing that at Southern or somewhere else in the middle of nowhere, yes. He has won a NC and as much as fans don't want to believe it the national perception of MSU baseball is an elite program. Both those things make it harder to win COY because outside perception is 14-15 SEC wins is just the norm for us (even if it isn't). Again, get to 18 and top 3 in the SEC and that all changes.

vCash
    lol- just saw this

I was talking SEC COY. Shit he doesnt deserve a vote for national COY.....yet

vCash
    lol- just saw this

I was talking SEC COY. Shit he doesnt deserve a vote for national COY.....yet
    Makes more sense then. I could get behind that even tho I still think they give it to Schloss

vCash
    Makes more sense then. I could get behind that even tho I still think they give it to Schloss
    oh Schloss and Clown (altho he is starting to fade) would be ahead of him right now. But Lemon can finish off Bammer plus has a shot at UPig next week. Thats the fun. We get to watch it play out

vCash
    I'm not a lemon hater. But, this is like raising gas prices from $2/gal to $4/gal and the lowering it to $3.50/gal and saying, "yay, I lowered gas by $.50"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I'm not a lemon hater. But, this is like raising gas prices from $2/gal to $4/gal and the lowering it to $3.50/gal and saying, "yay, I lowered gas by $.50"
    I didnt predict us last in the West- but that was the preseason expectation. Even our own fans on here said we would suck. As all of you well know- I said we were going to be good this season. We are right where I expected for the most part. I'll find the thread- but I called 17 wins and a host spot for the season. We'll see in a few weeks

vCash
    I didnt predict us last in the West- but that was the preseason expectation. Even our own fans on here said we would suck. As all of you well know- I said we were going to be good this season. We are right where I expected for the most part. I'll find the thread- but I called 17 wins and a host spot for the season. We'll see in a few weeks
    And here, he says the quiet part out loud. Here is the entire explanation for why this thread even exists. To this guy, this is all about him. As is everything. Through the years, everyone has said it before" "coach, you care more about being right than MSU athletics". And it's true. So, when he's wrong (which he is a lot, but NEVER admits it), he's big mad. He thinks everyone thinks like him. He can't fathom that there are people out there who didn't think (or still don't think) Lemonis as coach is what's best for MSU long term, yet are PRAYING that they are wrong and he actually is. 99% of us want MSU to win every game we ever play, in every sport, whether that makes us "right" or "wrong". 1% of us care about being right (or at least moving the goal posts or rephrasing the argument such that we appear to have been right).

As a whole, I appreciate coach34 and I like him most of the time. I understand that he brings some good experience, knowledge, and even insider information to most discussions. But this part? I can't stand it. I know you couldn't care less, and I'm just screaming at the sky. But, man, I really wish you could check this. But I know it's hard to change how we're wired. Carry on.