Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Lemonhaters bout to be big mad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Wait wait wait. We are comparing lemonis to Croom? Seriously? My word.
    yep. Jumping the shark now.

These guys are comparing Raquel Welch to Anna Faris
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    COY is based on achievement and exceeding expectations. Are we not doing that? We were picked last in the West. We are on a path to host- which means Top 16 in the country- wouldnt that be achievement?
    Nah. Context matters he has already won a natty and MSU is an elite baseball program historically. He would need to do this at a southern miss type to get in COY discussion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Nah. Context matters he has already won a natty and MSU is an elite baseball program historically. He would need to do this at a southern miss type to get in COY discussion
    disagree. Each season is based on its own. You want the other factors in because you dont want to acknowledge that he has really done a damn good job this year

UPig was supposed to be Top 5. Van Horn hasnt done shit. He is matching expectations

Lemon has exceeded expectations- thats undeniable

State has had 5 losing seasons in the last 15 years. Your opinion of our program doesnt match reality- is that really "Elite"????? (I'll go ahead and inform you- noooooooo its not)

Elite programs dont have a losing record 33% of the time. Stop being morons
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-02-2024 at 10:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Keep Parker at all costs. Parker is saving Lemonis this season.
    Yes on Lemonis and Croom and this season reminds me how Croom got to a 6 win season, and our Band spelled out "CROOM" at half time of the Liberty Bowl..... the freaking Liberty Bowl back when it was not in the bigger pay out of bowls. Dang our fanbase sometimes.

We won 6 games in the season due to Ellis Johnson's defense. Croom got all the praise and Johnson headed to another town.

This baseball season is much like that with Parker saving Lemonis, and our fans spelling out "LEMONIS" on the message boards.
    8 win season. I was at that liberty bowl. Croom was bad in a lot of ways for sure, but a lot of his recruits was the core of one of DMs best teams in 2010

vCash
    disagree. Each season is based on its own. You want the other factors in because you dont want to acknowledge that he has really done a damn good job this year

UPig was supposed to be Top 5. Van Horn hasnt done shit. He is matching expectations

State has had 5 losing seasons in the last 15 years. Your opinion of our program doesnt match reality- is that really "Elite"????? (I'll go ahead and inform you- noooooooo its not)

Uh Lemon has 2 of the 5 after taking over a program that was on one of the best runs in the country. That is not the slam dunk you think it is.

I am so glad we are winning and are playing better, but it?s my opinion the talent bails the coaching out and probably has since he has been here. To be fair, I said I would shut up if we hosted. We have a chance to shut me up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I don't hate him. But I don't have much confidence in him as our team leader.

Most of the people wanting to move on (including myself) want him to be successful and would love to be proven wrong. But I don't believe he will be able to consistently keep us at an elite level. Whether it's closing on recruits/transfers that are major difference makers or development. We've done much better this year but there is still plenty of room for skepticism moving forward.

He'll likely earn another year and I understand how Selmon likely won't make a move this year if we finish strong.

I want to win so of course, it's not tough to watch us win. It's fun. But it is tough to fully expect to fumble our way through another off-season like we have the past few years while the gap between us and teams that are considered elite grows larger and they just reload where the have needs.
    I don't really understand this. Because the entire issue the past two years was mostly the pitching. Lemonis fixed that and here we are. Unless Parker has a similar fall off of a cliff I don't know why our fans expect things to go back? Why? Our hitting hasn't really changed that much between 2019 to 2024.

And as far as recruits and talent- we have three players (not recruits players currently on the team) listed as top 150 draft prospects for this current draft by MLB.com. (Dakota, Hines, and Loo) That's just the draft eligible players. That doesn't include Nolan Stevens, Dylan Cupp, Ethan Pulliam, and etc. It also doesn't include Khal Stephen who has turned into a monster pick up or Mershon both of whom are draft eligible as well. Or Hujsack. So really the only "gaps" we have are Sunday starter, catcher, and third base- ALL of those position groups were greatly affected by injuries this year. Pico is coming back and had he been healthy or Dohm stayed healthy they would have filled the Sunday role. Highfill was supposed to be the catcher and we had to replace him with a guy trying to be an EMT and a guy we brought in for depth in Long who was always supposed to be the back up. Kohler got hurt the first weekend but has been strong defensively. Chance is a solid player and he is only a sophomore but teams need 1-2 guys like that. Amani is streaky and can't hit LHP and he might not be playing if Cupp didn't get hurt. We also lost our best freshman pitching prospect- Makhai Grant to Tommy John as well and he would have absolutely contributed this year.

Watching Ole Miss last night- I was a little surprised by the gap in talent between MSU and Ole Miss. Big difference in our favor. I also happened to sit by some scouts and I noticed that they were paying way more attention to our guys than Ole Miss's.

We have been good in the portal IMO. No we haven't gotten Braden Montgomery- but we meet our needs. I have no reason to suspect that we won't meet our needs this offseason either. Hujsack, Stephen, Dohm, Long, Powell, Larry, Tyler Davis, Kohler- that's pretty solid. And that doesn't include guys like Colton Ledbetter, RJ Yeager, Aaron Nixon, Scotty Dubrule, and etc. We've been way more successful in the portal than not.

We're going to be top five-six in the SEC this year more than likely. The gap between the top and us isn't very big in this league. The teams at the top have the most veteran and highest end talent on the mound- that would be Arkansas and Texas A&M this year. Last year it was LSU. No pitcher in their right mind was coming here with Foxhall around unless you are Jonathan Papelbon, Jr. By 2026 when our rotation is Stevens, Grant, and Dotson- that could very well be us at the top.

vCash
    Here is where people miss on their takes about Lemon.

Right or wrong- His problem to me is that he is too loyal to his recruits. Chance starts in LF because Lemon recruited him and didnt want to replace him with a portal guy. He even said as much in an interview-why would he spend money on various pitchers when we have more talented guys already on campus? He relies on his recruiting much more than he values bringing in various guys from the portal. His view is we need to add a couple of guys from the portal to supplement recruiting.

Now then- this is what will probably get him fired. But that is his view. We arent failing in the portal- we arent using it and believe in it like we should.
    It's kind of tricky. Because you have recruits and you know they need time to develop. But you also have to have experienced guys to win. If it's not handled correctly teams- not just MSU- run the risk of running off say Hunter Renfroe. That sort of happened to us with Shane Lewis who ended up at Troy and hit 20+ home runs there and would have been much better than Alford last year. I also will say if we had landed Montgomery there is no way Chance would be starting in the OF right now so that sounds like some politcizing to a degree by Lemons. Why would a coach come out and publicly say that they were recruiting over a player? And it's not like Chance has been THAT bad anyway. He has hit better than Kohler, the two catchers, and Larry. If nothing else he at least makes contact usually and makes them field something.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 05-03-2024 at 12:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Uh Lemon has 2 of the 5 after taking over a program that was on one of the best runs in the country. That is not the slam dunk you think it is.

I am so glad we are winning and are playing better, but it?s my opinion the talent bails the coaching out and probably has since he has been here. To be fair, I said I would shut up if we hosted. We have a chance to shut me up
    Uh, He only has one losing season, 2022. Last year we finished with a winning record.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 05-03-2024 at 12:45 AM.

vCash
    I love Mississippi State Baseball.
    I love winning baseball games.
    Lemonis Still Sux. He just sux less this year.

Next year. Boy oh boy! He will have to prove it all over again. And your comparison to the so called elite SEC programs. When did Vandy and South Carolina and for that matter Florida become elite? When they hired their most successful head coaches ever that rarely had down years and seem to never have losing seasons. Hmmmm. Elite programs? No Elite Coaches? Yes. When did Arkansas become elite and the top attendance program in the SEC per game average? DVH. Elite Coach!

State is an Elite baseball coach away from being an Elite Program!

Wait until Mershon decides he wants to transfer to South Carolina to play with his brother in front of family and friends. No more Hines, Jordan, Hujsak, and those All-American hitters Larry & Kohler. I'm sure State loses a lot of pitching too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post

Next year. Boy oh boy! He will have to prove it all over again. And your comparison to the so called elite SEC programs. When did Vandy and South Carolina and for that matter Florida become elite? When they hired their most successful head coaches ever that rarely had down years and seem to never have losing seasons. Hmmmm. Elite programs? No Elite Coaches? Yes. When did Arkansas become elite and the top attendance program in the SEC per game average? DVH. Elite Coach!

Wait until Mershon decides he wants to transfer to South Carolina to play with his brother in front of family and friends. No more Hines, Jordan, Hujsak, and those All-American hitters Larry & Kohler. I'm sure State loses a lot of pitching too.
    DVH definitely elite. He took Nebraska to the CWS twice before taking the Arkansas job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Uh Lemon has 2 of the 5 after taking over a program that was on one of the best runs in the country. That is not the slam dunk you think it is
    Please argue with facts. Lemon has only had 1 losing season

vCash
    NM - read something wrong
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 05-03-2024 at 09:27 AM.

vCash
    Nah. Context matters he has already won a natty and MSU is an elite baseball program historically.
    Historically elite program with 0 natties (in a sport it should be easiest to win one) until 2021? Historically good program with outstanding support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Historically elite program with 0 natties (in a sport it should be easiest to win one) until 2021? Historically good program with outstanding support.
    This is dead on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I agree with everything except about it being the easisest sport to win one.

vCash
    Please argue with facts. Lemon has only had 1 losing season
    I have no dog in the hunt(I want Lemonis to suceed, but also understand if he doesn't perform he's got to go), but he went 9-21 back to back in the SEC. No other State baseball coach has done that back to back, except Cohen in his first two years when he went 9-21 and 6-24, but he was rebuilding from the pile of crap Polk II had left the program in, and not an established coach like Lemonis. So, these last two seasons, in my opinion, was a fireable offense(not that I wanted that but it was justifable) for an established Mississippi State baseball coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post

The SEC is an elite conference. MSU is one of if not the biggest reason why it is an elite conference.

It's funny to me how posters have shifted from:

"We all know this is Lemonis's last season I don't know why we didn't fire him".

To "We look better but I want to see how we do in SEC play. If we go 0-9 we'll be looking for a new coach".

Once that didn't happen now it's "Well we'll see how he does next year. We lose everything".

vCash
    Look if Lemonis is bad next year then he's probably going to be fired. Even C34 has said as much. Let's just enjoy this season for what it is, a good to very good season, and worry about next year after the last out is made on this season. Just like every year, there will be plenty of kids go into the portal and say what you want, but Lemonis has had a lot more hits out of the portal than misses.

Dubrule- hit
    Simmons-Incomplete due to injury
    Yeager-hit
    Larry-hit, despite what some think. He is a two year starter for us. That's a hit
    Jess Davis- miss
    Nixon- I would say hit. Just wasn't healthy.
    Ledbetter- hit
    Hujsak-hit
    Tyler Davis-hit
    Dohm-hit
    Hoyle-still confusing as to why we took him. Always told it was a favor to Mangum. Miss
    Gartman-not a hit, but not a miss
    Stephen-hit
    Long-hit
    Ligon-I thought miss early on, but now I'm thinking he could be valuable for us
    Powell-hit
    Kohler- not a hit, but not a miss

I didn't add JUCO guys like Schuelke because the list would've gotten too long. That hit rate is much lower though

vCash

huh? do you know who you're talking to? I'm a huge Lemonis fan. Dude brought us a championship 3 years ago. but youre still wrong, you aren't going to get COY at state being a top 15 ranking with 16 sec wins at the end of the year coming off a losing season. get out of your little bubble of just MSU, it's a national award. Now if he gets us to 18 wins and top 3 in the SEC, yes absolutely.

vCash
    huh? do you know who you're talking to? I'm a huge Lemonis fan. Dude brought us a championship 3 years ago. but youre still wrong, you aren't going to get COY at state being a top 15 ranking with 16 sec wins at the end of the year coming off a losing season. get out of your little bubble of just MSU, it's a national award. Now if he gets us to 18 wins and top 3 in the SEC, yes absolutely.
    It's far more plausible than you'd like to admit. Lemonis was 9-21 last year in conference. Really only brought in 3-4 impact players and is going to win 15+ games. That's a hell of a turnaround in what is the toughest conference in college baseball. Look, I'm no Lemonis fan, but he has managed this team very well more times than not this year.