Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lemonhaters bout to be big mad

vCash
    I have said from the go that he had this year to prove it. I will give him credit, he has this team back to playing with a chip on their shoulder. He corrected the pitching and our hitting is just good enough. Hopefully we finish strong and make some noise in the post season.

vCash
    THIS!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    We're taking 2 at UPIG.
    You're drinking the industrial grade cool-aid aren't you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    You're drinking the industrial grade cool-aid aren't you.
    If we go take 2 at Arky then 20 wins in conference is not off the table. I think 18 and you're safely hosting. At 20....a national seed is not out of the question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    My HS coach was good friends with Whitey, they knew each other from the minors and Whitey used to come visit with us every January when we're getting ready for the season. He told me one time, when in doubt, run!, lol! I loved the guy and he's the one I patterned my aggressive baserunning in coaching. He always took time to answer our questions from a bunch of dumb teenagers. RIP to the White Rat! The running game is so much fun for the players and the fans, it keeps everyone on their toes and keeps defenses and pitchers unsettled. I guarantee if someone brought back Whitey Balll other teams wouldn't know what to do! Pitchers don't know how to hold runners anymore and that 3 time throw over thing would get em in trouble too. I would love to see someone bring that style back.
    I loved Whitey's style with those Royals and Cardinals teams. My Dad did too. When my Dad was our rec coach at age 11-12, we got stuck with the "leftovers" at the park. We didn't have great players - but somehow we had a bunch of kids who could run. Dad decided since that's all we could do, we were going to create chaos. We spent a third of our practices running bases. He had most of the team running on the first pitch every time we got on base - stealing second and third. We would take huge leads off third, and bait the catcher into throwing back to third thinking he had an easy pick - then pivot and run home. It worked about 75% of the time. There were two or three of us he would have steal home straight up. Pitchers at that age had no clue what to do when they saw us streaking toward home in the middle of their wind up. They either stopped their motion and balked, or hit the backstop trying to hurry the throw home. We didn't win a lot of games - but we had a ton of fun and pissed off a bunch of coaches.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Just dont get swept @UPig. Friday's game may be done in an hour and 50 minutes
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    exactly

With the injuries we have had- Lemon is in the discussion for COY
    Calm down Francis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We have too many fans that assumed that Lemonis wouldn't be able to fix it that can't admit they were wrong.

Now they're stuck in a rock and a hard place. Must be tough seeing us win and not enjoy it for those folks.

I don't hate him. But I don't have much confidence in him as our team leader.

Most of the people wanting to move on (including myself) want him to be successful and would love to be proven wrong. But I don't believe he will be able to consistently keep us at an elite level. Whether it's closing on recruits/transfers that are major difference makers or development. We've done much better this year but there is still plenty of room for skepticism moving forward.

He'll likely earn another year and I understand how Selmon likely won't make a move this year if we finish strong.

I want to win so of course, it's not tough to watch us win. It's fun. But it is tough to fully expect to fumble our way through another off-season like we have the past few years while the gap between us and teams that are considered elite grows larger and they just reload where the have needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Calm down Francis.
    COY is based on achievement and exceeding expectations. Are we not doing that? We were picked last in the West. We are on a path to host- which means Top 16 in the country- wouldnt that be achievement?

vCash
    He has us in a better position than I thought he would. If we go back to sucking again next year, which I think is likely, we will be back at square one.

It comes down to recruiting for me and he is a subpar recruiter.

If he can continue this success next year I will be on board throughout the rest of his career here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    It comes down to recruiting for me and he is a subpar recruiter.
    We will be top 3-4 in the SEC in draft picks this July. This is a dumb take. We have 7 guys guaranteed to be drafted. That means he is bringing talent to Starkville

vCash
    Here is where people miss on their takes about Lemon.

Right or wrong- His problem to me is that he is too loyal to his recruits. Chance starts in LF because Lemon recruited him and didnt want to replace him with a portal guy. He even said as much in an interview-why would he spend money on various pitchers when we have more talented guys already on campus? He relies on his recruiting much more than he values bringing in various guys from the portal. His view is we need to add a couple of guys from the portal to supplement recruiting.

Now then- this is what will probably get him fired. But that is his view. We arent failing in the portal- we arent using it and believe in it like we should.

vCash
    COY is based on achievement and exceeding expectations. Are we not doing that? We were picked last in the West. We are on a path to host- which means Top 16 in the country- wouldnt that be achievement?
    Yes. And I’m happy for him, but I don’t think he would be the top pick. I saw your other post later about him receiving votes. I could see that. He’s trying to claw his way out this mess he created and he’s doing pretty good this year. How he does in the portal and getting recruits in next year to keep us on the rise will be interesting. But right now, he really needs some bats to start heating up really soon for this home stretch and post season play. The better the run he makes this year in the postseason, the easier his job may be to convince better player to come to MSU.

vCash
    We will be top 3-4 in the SEC in draft picks this July. This is a dumb take. We have 7 guys guaranteed to be drafted. That means he is bringing talent to Starkville
    Your draft pick take is more of an indictment on Lemonis to me. You speak of all this talent so why weren’t we kickin ass from day 1 this year? It does seem he’s finally putting some things together though. I know injuries can make it harder through the season too

vCash
    Your draft pick take is more of an indictment on Lemonis to me. You speak of all this talent so why weren’t we kickin ass from day 1 this year? It does seem he’s finally putting some things together though. I know injuries can make it harder through the season too
    Same reason Saban struggled early in the 2023 season and still ended up in the playoffs. Every team has to find their way

vCash
    Here is where people miss on their takes about Lemon.

Right or wrong- His problem to me is that he is too loyal to his recruits. Chance starts in LF because Lemon recruited him and didnt want to replace him with a portal guy. He even said as much in an interview-why would he spend money on various pitchers when we have more talented guys already on campus? He relies on his recruiting much more than he values bringing in various guys from the portal. His view is we need to add a couple of guys from the portal to supplement recruiting.

Now then- this is what will probably get him fired. But that is his view. We arent failing in the portal- we arent using it and believe in it like we should.
    Well that’s dumb on his part. You go out and get the best you can no matter what. How many years we been trying to get a third baseman. It’s turned into being plum embarrassing. He better learn to supplement with some some studs if he likes his job! And if he wants to be loyal to HIS players, then evaluate, recruit, and develop some damn good ones!!

vCash
    Well that’s dumb on his part. You go out and get the best you can no matter what. How many years we been trying to get a third baseman. It’s turned into being plum embarrassing. He better learn to supplement with some some studs if he likes his job!
    I agree with you completely

vCash
    Same reason Saban struggled early in the 2023 season and still ended up in the playoffs. Every team has to find their way
    That didnt seem to be one of Saban’s most talented teams. 7 draft picks seems like a fairly loaded team to me. Wonder how many draft picks on AR team right now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Keep Parker at all costs. Parker is saving Lemonis this season.
    Yes on Lemonis and Croom and this season reminds me how Croom got to a 6 win season, and our Band spelled out "CROOM" at half time of the Liberty Bowl..... the freaking Liberty Bowl back when it was not in the bigger pay out of bowls. Dang our fanbase sometimes.

We won 6 games in the season due to Ellis Johnson's defense. Croom got all the praise and Johnson headed to another town.

This baseball season is much like that with Parker saving Lemonis, and our fans spelling out "LEMONIS" on the message boards.
    Wait wait wait. We are comparing lemonis to Croom? Seriously? My word.

vCash
    That didnt seem to be one of Saban’s most talented teams. 7 draft picks seems like a fairly loaded team to me. Wonder how many draft picks on AR team right now?
    I havent checked but their Friday night SP is likely off the board in the Top 10 picks