Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lemonhaters bout to be big mad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Hugesak is dumb tho. That worked last night and it goes as a "hustle" play butttttt if the throw is on target he is likely out and we are cussing him

Fine line between being aggressive and being aggressively stupid
    Sometimes you have to gamble big to win. I liked the play but I've always been a proponent of aggressive base running. Force the action and force them to make a play. That's a long throw for a catcher who was caught napping. I like it. We don't disagree on much about baseball, but on this one we do, lol.

ETA If i was coaching third i'm bringing him all the way. Also there was already one out, if there's zero outs or 2 outs, yeah stay at second but with one out, come on over!
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 05-02-2024 at 09:13 AM.

vCash
    RPI up to 24
    We have figured out the back end of the pitching staff
    We are Top 5 of the SEC (remember all that "State standard" talk?)

We win the Bama series
    We avoid a sweep at UPig
    We win the Mizzou series

We will host. Even if we **** up and dont host- we will be a top 2 seed in the Tourney and nobody wants us in their Regional

I cant wait to bump me some threads to make sure we get all the great takes on Lemon at the end of the month
    That is the problem with a lot of the Lemon haters. Their view of State baseball is warped. The “State standard” in baseball is MUCH closer to 5th than it is 1st. The natty warped a lot of perceptions. It was great for the school and the program but we didn’t just automatically cruise by Florida, Vandy, LSU and SC as the top program in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I was thinking the same thing watching it live. If that throw is anywhere near on line, Hujsak is hosed
    But that's the thing, a play like that, the odds are in the runners favor. That was an impossible throw to make 75% of the time. Now, had the catcher hustled instead of standing around, I don't think Hujsak tries it. You can see when he saw the catcher being lazy, his footwork changed and he turned it on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    But that's the thing, a play like that, the odds are in the runners favor. That was an impossible throw to make 75% of the time. Now, had the catcher hustled instead of standing around, I don't think Hujsak tries it. You can see when he saw the catcher being lazy, his footwork changed and he turned it on.
    This^^^^^^^

vCash
    The best thing for State is to win and Lemonis fix recruiting. Will that happen? Don't know, but we're going to find out.

vCash
    I love MSU more than any coach. I always want the dogs to win, but that doesn?t mean I still think he?s the man for the future. I think the real story will be told next year. There will be a good bit of turnover. If we can continue being successful next year, he shouldn?t have anymore detractors. However, he cannot have 3 poor years in a 4 year span. He makes the big bucks. Those come with big expectations EVERY year.

vCash
    The fans saying that our success is all Parker cracks me up. We are first in the SEC in defense. That's not because of Parker. And our hitting is middle of the pack. The biggest issue there is power- which took a big blow when Highfill got hurt and Kohler got hurt plus Hines struggling. I think most of our hitting issues can be corrected with a hitting analyst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The fans saying that our success is all Parker cracks me up. We are first in the SEC in defense. That's not because of Parker. And our hitting is middle of the pack. The biggest issue there is power- which took a big blow when Highfill got hurt and Kohler got hurt plus Hines struggling. I think most of our hitting issues can be corrected with a hitting analyst.
    It's not all Parker, but he's the biggest part of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Keep Parker at all costs. Parker is saving Lemonis this season.
    Yes on Lemonis and Croom and this season reminds me how Croom got to a 6 win season, and our Band spelled out "CROOM" at half time of the Liberty Bowl..... the freaking Liberty Bowl back when it was not in the bigger pay out of bowls. Dang our fanbase sometimes.

We won 6 games in the season due to Ellis Johnson's defense. Croom got all the praise and Johnson headed to another town.

This baseball season is much like that with Parker saving Lemonis, and our fans spelling out "LEMONIS" on the message boards.
    Its nothing resembling Croom. Lemon has a Natty and built this team that has very good pitching. So much so that we have overcome injuries to 3 of our top guys as well as another underperforming. Those of us that know baseball figured we would be pretty good this year.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    You don't think better pitching helps the defense a lot? I do. I think it helps a ton. Mershon being healthy this year helps too, along with one transfer out.
    Geaut's guys never K a lot as a unit. It's always been that way. Recruiting is the reason for the power outage, it's not just HRs. We aren't getting extra base hits. Far too often we're two strike hitting and beating our chests and too many ground balls. We've got a grind it out approach that's not all bad, but you need the players to do that.

vCash
    exactly

With the injuries we have had- Lemon is in the discussion for COY

vCash
    I respect your posts, but are you really saying our hitting would be better if a player wasn't struggling at the plate?
    We would also hit more home runs if the balls traveled a little further also.

Why hasn't Lemonis already moved forward with a hitting analyst?
    That is our point. He can be incredibly stubborn, Croom like.

But Parker is a really big reason our pitching is ranked so high in the SEC and why we are winning games. Our defense is better, so ya Lemonis! Our base running has been awful and we lost alot of games this year v. lesser teams when we could not hit anything. We are a good team, but a thin line on going 0-3 on a weekend also.
    Last edited by Santiago; 05-02-2024 at 10:29 AM.

vCash
    Agree with you Todd. I too think we need a hitting analyst and Gotro ain?t that. Gotro gotta go.

vCash
    exactly

With the injuries we have had- Lemon is in the discussion for COY
    Parker lost his starting Friday night guy, but was able to recruit a pitcher in the portal that has saved us. Grant hurt, and other hurt.
    So does Parker get assistant coach of the year?

vCash
    Its nothing resembling Croom. Lemon has a Natty and built this team that has very good pitching. So much so that we have overcome injuries to 3 of our top guys as well as another underperforming. Those of us that know baseball figured we would be pretty good this year.
    LOL!!! Lemonis held on to our problem until he had no choice. That's the whole "refuse to adjust" again. Parker absolutely saved his ass. Lemonis didn't build that chamoionship team either. And if middle of the pack in the SEC is good, our standards have fallen hard. The bottom line is Lemonis isn't as bad as the haters claim, nor as good as his blind followers believe. It all comes down to can he get the players. I don't believe he can. I think you see us stuck in the middle of the pack as long as he's here, but, and it's a big but, he's good enough to win if the team catches fire and things fall into place and we catch some breaks. A bad coach can't win regardless.

vCash
    I'm glad it worked and as I said- fine line between aggressive and being stupid. When I was 20 I throw him out 75% of the time. The ball sailed on the catcher and boom- big play for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobi-wan View Post
    I love MSU more than any coach. I always want the dogs to win, but that doesn?t mean I still think he?s the man for the future. I think the real story will be told next year. There will be a good bit of turnover.
    oh no doubt- we miss the NCAA's next year to make it 3 out of 4? Fire his ass

vCash
    I'd make a call to Adam Wyse. He's an up and comer. Great coach; especially at player dev. Look him up.
    Last edited by TStationDawg; 05-02-2024 at 10:56 AM.

vCash
    The best thing for State is to win and Lemonis fix recruiting. Will that happen? Don't know, but we're going to find out.
    ^^^^^

vCash
    LOL!!! Lemonis held on to our problem until he had no choice. That's the whole "refuse to adjust" again. Parker absolutely saved his ass. Lemonis didn't build that chamoionship team either. And if middle of the pack in the SEC is good, our standards have fallen hard. The bottom line is Lemonis isn't as bad as the haters claim, nor as good as his blind followers believe. It all comes down to can he get the players. I don't believe he can. I think you see us stuck in the middle of the pack as long as he's here, but, and it's a big but, he's good enough to win if the team catches fire and things fall into place and we catch some breaks. A bad coach can't win regardless.
    I don't know why we keep doing this with out coaches, but here goes.

Lemonis gets blame for the pitching in 2022 and 2023 because he's the head coach. Lemonis gets credit for firing the pitching coach and bringing in a better one to fix the issue.

Lemonis gets blame for poor defensive play in 22-23. He gets credit for improved defensive play this season.

Lemonis won the title in year 3. He didn't recruit every player but he recruited a lot of them, because he was the head coach when they signed and so he gets credit. Lemonis gets blame for the poor performance of players he recruited in 22 and 23. He gets credit for the improvement this year.

If we make the NCAA tournament (and we should), he gets credit for that. If he doesn't, he should be (and probably will be) fired.

It's not that hard. Quit making up reasons to not give him credit for righting the course of the program and getting us back on track. I'm not saying the last two years aren't on him, because they are. However I can also give him credit for doing what he had to do to get us back on track.