Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Lemonhaters bout to be big mad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It's far more plausible than you'd like to admit. Lemonis was 9-21 last year in conference. Really only brought in 3-4 impact players and is going to win 15+ games. That's a hell of a turnaround in what is the toughest conference in college baseball. Look, I'm no Lemonis fan, but he has managed this team very well more times than not this year.
    I completely 100% agree he has done a hell of a job this year. I also don't think that wins you COY at State. Like I said, doing that at Southern or somewhere else in the middle of nowhere, yes. He has won a NC and as much as fans don't want to believe it the national perception of MSU baseball is an elite program. Both those things make it harder to win COY because outside perception is 14-15 SEC wins is just the norm for us (even if it isn't). Again, get to 18 and top 3 in the SEC and that all changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Lemon has exceeded expectations- thats undeniable
    I'm not a lemon hater. But, this is like raising gas prices from $2/gal to $4/gal and the lowering it to $3.50/gal and saying, "yay, I lowered gas by $.50"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I'm not a lemon hater. But, this is like raising gas prices from $2/gal to $4/gal and the lowering it to $3.50/gal and saying, "yay, I lowered gas by $.50"
    I didnt predict us last in the West- but that was the preseason expectation. Even our own fans on here said we would suck. As all of you well know- I said we were going to be good this season. We are right where I expected for the most part. I'll find the thread- but I called 17 wins and a host spot for the season. We'll see in a few weeks
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The SEC is an elite conference. MSU is one of if not the biggest reason why it is an elite conference.

It's funny to me how posters have shifted from:

"We all know this is Lemonis's last season I don't know why we didn't fire him".

To "We look better but I want to see how we do in SEC play. If we go 0-9 we'll be looking for a new coach".

Once that didn't happen now it's "Well we'll see how he does next year. We lose everything".
    Boy did you hit the nail on the head! Moving goal posts all year!

vCash
    Look if Lemonis is bad next year then he's probably going to be fired. Even C34 has said as much. Let's just enjoy this season for what it is, a good to very good season, and worry about next year after the last out is made on this season. Just like every year, there will be plenty of kids go into the portal and say what you want, but Lemonis has had a lot more hits out of the portal than misses.

Dubrule- hit
    Simmons-Incomplete due to injury
    Yeager-hit
    Larry-hit, despite what some think. He is a two year starter for us. That's a hit
    Jess Davis- miss
    Nixon- I would say hit. Just wasn't healthy.
    Ledbetter- hit
    Hujsak-hit
    Tyler Davis-hit
    Dohm-hit
    Hoyle-still confusing as to why we took him. Always told it was a favor to Mangum. Miss
    Gartman-not a hit, but not a miss
    Stephen-hit
    Long-hit
    Ligon-I thought miss early on, but now I'm thinking he could be valuable for us
    Powell-hit
    Kohler- not a hit, but not a miss

I didn't add JUCO guys like Schuelke because the list would've gotten too long. That hit rate is much lower though
    The devil you say? I always heard on hear he was a failure in the portal, lol!

Have some rep!

vCash
    Sorry commerce and 34 I forgot the one game above 500 and 9-21conference record last year. Whew glad we took that series from VMI at the beginning. We were just a turd taking that from us would have made us diarrhea

vCash
    I won't be mad.

I've hated on Lemonis for damn near 2 years. I've wanted him fired. But if he turns this around and has us in the tournament and in the hosting discussion, I'll gladly eat crow.

Unlike some, I'll admit when I'm wrong and Mississippi State succeeding is more important than me being right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Sorry commerce and 34 I forgot the one game above 500 and 9-21conference record last year. Whew glad we took that series from VMI at the beginning. We were just a turd taking that from us would have made us diarrhea
    Nobody thinks last year was good but at least get the facts right. It was a bad year but we did have a winning record. Also i'm glad you're watching again since you told me you hadn't watched us play after the om series.

vCash
    I didnt predict us last in the West- but that was the preseason expectation. Even our own fans on here said we would suck. As all of you well know- I said we were going to be good this season. We are right where I expected for the most part. I'll find the thread- but I called 17 wins and a host spot for the season. We'll see in a few weeks
    And here, he says the quiet part out loud. Here is the entire explanation for why this thread even exists. To this guy, this is all about him. As is everything. Through the years, everyone has said it before" "coach, you care more about being right than MSU athletics". And it's true. So, when he's wrong (which he is a lot, but NEVER admits it), he's big mad. He thinks everyone thinks like him. He can't fathom that there are people out there who didn't think (or still don't think) Lemonis as coach is what's best for MSU long term, yet are PRAYING that they are wrong and he actually is. 99% of us want MSU to win every game we ever play, in every sport, whether that makes us "right" or "wrong". 1% of us care about being right (or at least moving the goal posts or rephrasing the argument such that we appear to have been right).

As a whole, I appreciate coach34 and I like him most of the time. I understand that he brings some good experience, knowledge, and even insider information to most discussions. But this part? I can't stand it. I know you couldn't care less, and I'm just screaming at the sky. But, man, I really wish you could check this. But I know it's hard to change how we're wired. Carry on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Nobody thinks last year was good but at least get the facts right. It was a bad year but we did have a winning record. Also i'm glad you're watching again since you told me you hadn't watched us play after the om series.
    Since he has not let us all update him. We swept Auburn in walk off fashion, took two of three from Vandy capitalized by a Hines, that is Hunter Hines, HR in the top of the 9th of Game 3, and just beat OM in the Governors Cup. I know it is killing him to not be at The Dude this weekend, but hey that Washington Spring Game is tonight and that may be bigger than any event the entire state has ever seen, much less little ole Starkville.

vCash
    Since he has not let us all update him. We swept Auburn in walk off fashion, took two of three from Vandy capitalized by a Hines, that is Hunter Hines, HR in the top of the 9th of Game 3, and just beat OM in the Governors Cup. I know it is killing him to not be at The Dude this weekend, but hey that Washington Spring Game is tonight and that may be bigger than any event the entire state has ever seen, much less little ole Starkville.
    Washington spring game. Lmao

vCash
    too funny

He may or may not be the guy for us long term- but the fact remains as Todd pointed out most of you said we would suck this season, then we would be awful in the SEC, and now its we gonna suck next year. So what makes you right about him being the guy long term? It amazes me the perceptions our fans have of State baseball and really college baseball in general. LSU struggling after winning it should show everyone just how tough it is to maintain in college baseball today.

vCash
    too funny

He may or may not be the guy for us long term- but the fact remains as Todd pointed out most of you said we would suck this season, then we would be awful in the SEC, and now its we gonna suck next year. So what makes you right about him being the guy long term? It amazes me the perceptions our fans have of State baseball and really college baseball in general. LSU struggling after winning it should show everyone just how tough it is to maintain in college baseball today.
    We still have idiots arguing that MSU is closer to first than 5th in the SEC. They have those coke bottle sized maroon glasses and that revisionist history at their disposal.

vCash
    Lemonis has done better this year on the simple decisions no doubt.
    He turned over all pitch change decisions to Parker. Simple decision
    After the brain fart or starting Cupp early season, as soon as Mershon was healthy, he made the change. Good decision.
    Took him 35 games to get Larry out of the leadoff spot. Very Slow decision but finally got it.
    Understanding that Chance was an asset, not a liability. Like C34, it took Lemonis a minute to figure it out. Been an everyday player as he should be and now in leadoff spot. Slow decision but made it.
    Not having an option at 3rd and because of solid defense, having to play a .190 hitter there. Poor recruiting or development decisions.

Making Gotro stand halfway down the dugout rail away from him. Good decision.
    Letting Cheese sit on the ball bucket while he stands at edge of steps. Good decision.
    Getting Jort-fro Jean out of the camera well. Outstanding decision!

vCash
    First game I watched after we blew it game 2 vs OM and then got run ruled by them was Vandy game 1.

I was at the governors cup.

Walk back to the dugout on this one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    huh? do you know who you're talking to? I'm a huge Lemonis fan. Dude brought us a championship 3 years ago. but youre still wrong, you aren't going to get COY at state being a top 15 ranking with 16 sec wins at the end of the year coming off a losing season. get out of your little bubble of just MSU, it's a national award. Now if he gets us to 18 wins and top 3 in the SEC, yes absolutely.
    lol- just saw this

I was talking SEC COY. Shit he doesnt deserve a vote for national COY.....yet

vCash
    lol- just saw this

I was talking SEC COY. Shit he doesnt deserve a vote for national COY.....yet
    Makes more sense then. I could get behind that even tho I still think they give it to Schloss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    In a morbid baseball way I was actually impressed we had a winning season with an ERA over 7. I don't think I've ever seen that before in my life. And actually in a way that's kind of what gave me optimism about our team because I knew that the team didn't quit on Lemonis- see LSU series last year- and we obviously hit well enough to overcome our pitching staff enough to win 27 games I think it was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Makes more sense then. I could get behind that even tho I still think they give it to Schloss
    oh Schloss and Clown (altho he is starting to fade) would be ahead of him right now. But Lemon can finish off Bammer plus has a shot at UPig next week. Thats the fun. We get to watch it play out

vCash
    too funny

It's not about their perception of MSU's program. It's about them being "right". At some point.

Lemonis has taken so much crap deserved and undeserved I think he probably just leaves at some point. Unless he partied harder than I did after we won a NC he probably will have enough money in a year or two to go coach at The Citadel if he wants to and be happy.