Thread: Lemonhaters bout to be big mad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    It really was the pitching coach the whole time. Parker really managed the staff well tonight. I was impressed.

First five innings were from guys coming off of injuries.

Brought in Schulke to get out of a jam against a RH hitter. Then brought in Tyler Davis when Schulke was losing command. Hardin looked like his typical self and shut the door with little fanfare.

Could have been a shut out except for the home run allowed which was a towering fly ball that barely got out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It really was the pitching coach the whole time. Parker really managed the staff well tonight. I was impressed.

Brought in Schulke to get out of a jam against a RH hitter. Then brought in Tyler Davis when Schulke was losing command. Hardin looked like his typical self and shut the door with little fanfare.

Could have been a shut out except for the home run allowed which was a towering fly ball that barely got out.
    Pico also showed he can go against SEC hitters just fine. He's not a Friday night guy, but as we've seen having a solid Sunday guy can be just as important in the game today.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Is our fielding not significantly better also? Definitely it's hard to do anything when your pitching sucks, but our fielding didn't do our pitchers a lot of favors last year from what I remember.

I'm looking for reasons beyond Parker to be optimistic with Lemonis. We are fortunate that in baseball we're not likely to have Parker poached except for a head coaching position at a pretty decent program. But I assume with the turnaround this year he's going to get interest pretty quickly and we're probably not going to have him another four years.