Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Puliam bat leadoff?

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Can Puliam bat leadoff?

He's been hitting well lately.

vCash
    We have basically 4 hitters that are automatic outs right now.

vCash
    This is being overthought by lemonis. You want your best hitters to hit the most...

Mershon
    Jordan
    Hines
    Husjak
    Do whatever after these 4

vCash
    We need to start bunting the crap out of Chance, Larry and maybe a few others. I?m at the game and I?ve seen way too many pop ups through 5 innings.
    Good grief

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    He's been hitting well lately.
    Leave him at the bottom. Let him hunt fastballs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This is being overthought by lemonis. You want your best hitters to hit the most...

Mershon
    Jordan
    Hines
    Husjak
    Won't argue that. But chance went the best 0-13 last weekend you will ever see. He squared up a lot of balls. Don't get caught up w avg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    We need to start bunting the crap out of Chance, Larry and maybe a few others. I?m at the game and I?ve seen way too many pop ups through 5 innings.
    Good grief
    Chance isn't our problem.

Banned
    vCash
    And he hit tonight as well. I like Chance.

vCash

Mershon
    Jordan
    Hines
    Husjak
    A week ago we had half the idiots on this board that either wanted Hines benched or moved down. After the weekend, we had the sane number wanted Jordan to get off his ass. He's had two hitless games in his last 14. And had 3 hits tonight so, just maybe, the majority of the board needs to sit it out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    A week ago we had half the idiots on this board that either wanted Hines benched or moved down. After the weekend, we had the sane number wanted Jordan to get off his ass. He's had two hitless games in his last 14. And had 3 hits tonight so, just maybe, the majority of the board needs to sit it out
    ^^^^^ this.

We have the dumbest (and worst) fans.

vCash
    We need to end the Trout experiment leading off
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    ^^^^^ this.

We have the dumbest (and worst) fans.
    Definitely not true. Horrible post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We need to end the Trout experiment leading off
    I think it's ok. He's tough to strikeout. Mershon didn't seem to love batting leadoff. And like Homedawg posted, he's been finding barrels. Still hitting .300 in SEC games. We really need Larry and Kohler to get hot. Such a shame we haven't gotten Stevens 50 more ABs. He should be platooning with Larry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I think it's ok. He's tough to strikeout. Mershon didn't seem to love batting leadoff. And like Homedawg posted, he's been finding barrels. Still hitting .300 in SEC games. We really need Larry and Kohler to get hot. Such a shame we haven't gotten Stevens 50 more ABs. He should be platooning with Larry.
    He's 1 for his last 17 since leading off. He has walked twice. He hit one ball hard all weekend vs Candy. And his K rate is going up as he has struck out 3 times in 4 games. He had 8 total going into Candy.

He just doesnt look comfortable there at all. Need to bite the bullet and make Dirtbag do it.

vCash

Mershon
    Jordan
    Hines
    Husjak
    This, the top 1-4 hitters almost always get one extra ab per game compared to the other spots and that one extra ab can be the difference!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Good grief
    Chance has just had bad luck. Of his 0 for 13 at Vandy 8 balls had an exit velo of over a 100. That's just bad luck dude can hit. Even with that 0 fer he's still over 300 in sec play. Now I would move him back to the 6 hole. Mershon needs to bag leadoff
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 05-01-2024 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This, the top 1-4 hitters almost always get one extra ab per game compared to the other spots and that one extra ab can be the difference!
    Ari says this constantly too and I'm conflicted. My older ass just likes having that guy in the 2 hole that can Run/n/Hit or bunt. I'd rather us try Trout in the 2-hole first and if that didnt workout either- then yeah- go to that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Ari says this constantly too and I'm conflicted. My older ass just likes having that guy in the 2 hole that can Run/n/Hit or bunt. I'd rather us try Trout in the 2-hole first and if that didnt workout either- then yeah- go to that
    lol I'm old right there with ya. I'd be fine with working that either way, but chance needs to move down he's not comfortable batting leading off he's better with runners on. I actually have a lot of confidence when Hujsak or Chance are hitting with runners on, I liked Chance in that 6 hole
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 05-01-2024 at 10:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Now Homedawg you know that all the answers are on this board lol!

vCash
    I don't know why Lemonis doesn't flip Mershon and Chance.

Mershon gets off base more and has more speed. Chance is good at making contact. That's the kind of guy you can do hit and run stuff with and with a runner on I think it may open up some things for him and maybe get him more fastballs to hit.

I would put Pulliam at 9th. He's a freshman and I wouldn't want to put a ton of pressure on him at this point in his career. Let him play and keep doing what he is doing. By hitting him 9th you open up the possibility of Pulliam and Mershon on base at the same time too. Then you can potentially do double steals and stuff like that.