Thread: Great series win on the road!

vCash

Great series win on the road!

What a great move putting Chester at second in the ninth. Hardin was lights out closing. But Hunter Hines was da weekend man.

You guys need to stop with ?win just one on bs?. We have tradition and we all need to act like we can win, at least now again.

Yes to this bunch with some huge stones. I think we are back being Mississippi State Baseball!

Love this weekend!

vCash
    they make you want to just pull your hair out

vCash
    I'm guilty of expecting 1 win. That's not my norm for State baseball. I expect Super Regional appearances more years than not, but this year I lowered the bar to just creep in a regional. This weekend has got me moving that bar back to where it's supposed to be. Outstanding series win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    What a great move putting Chester at second in the ninth. Hardin was lights out closing. But Hunter Hines was da weekend man.

You guys need to stop with ?win just one on bs?. We have tradition and we all need to act like we can win, at least now again.

Yes to this bunch with some huge stones. I think we are back being Mississippi State Baseball!

Love this weekend!
    It was a great weekend for sure, definitely played to the "state standard". But are we "back"? Maybe! 2 weeks ago we lost for an awful OM team. Let's see is Lemon can sustain this. If Hines can slug and Auger can throw, that completely changes the odds of a 3 game series. Go make a Superband then I'll feel ok saying we're "back". Lemo has hurt me too much to give in before then

vCash
    Agree huge win!!! I’ve become so jaded from the last two years and a lot of games earlier this year. I beg everyone to come to this weekends games against Bama and let them know that this is not football.

Dogs win again!

vCash

Love this weekend!
    Great post Base! Looks like we have found a closer and a third starter. Auger hasn't been mentioned much but that guys gutsy performance helped us big time in winning this series! HAILSTATE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Great post Base! Looks like we have found a closer and a third starter. Auger hasn't been mentioned much but that guys gutsy performance helped us big time in winning this series! HAILSTATE!
    I honestly think it will help our “swag” in the coming games. Coming back in the 9th against Vandy on the road should lift everybody. We out played Vandy know doubt.
    This weekend series against Bama should be electric!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    hard to say on Auger. He sucked vs Auburn but the coaches trusted him and he proved why. Was Auburn a fluke? Was Vandy the fluke? Seems likely we have a 3rd starter, but I'm going to be cautions till another outing. I mean the coaches did try Siary first because they thought he'd be more likely to be good.

There's no doubt if he can give us 4-5 quality innings a weekend that's HUGE for hiding our weak pen. Having a 3rd starter might also take pressure off the team to need to win one of the first 2 games, which ironically may make us more likely to win them. No regional host wants to face a State team with 3 starters
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 04-28-2024 at 05:32 PM.

vCash
    I hate Vandy baseball so much that when they lose (especially to us), it gives me the same pleasure as when Bama loses in football, UK loses in basketball or Ole Miss loses in anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    hard to say on Auger. He sucked vs Auburn but the coaches trusted him and he proved why. Was Auburn a fluke? Was Vandy the fluke? Seems likely we have a 3rd starter, but I'm going to be cautions till another outing. I mean the coaches did try Siary first because they thought he'd be more likely to be good.

There's no doubt if he can give us 4-5 quality innings a weekend that's HUGE for hiding our weak pen. Having a 3rd starter might also take pressure off the team to need to win one of the first 2 games, which ironically may make us more likely to win them. No regional host wants to face a State team with 3 starters
    Good post. Auger actually wasnt bad against auburn just ran out of gas after 3 probably because he isn't really stretched out yet. He gave up 1 hit and was pitching well but he just hit that wall, his stuff was good though and his stuff was excellent yesterday as well. Now whether enough he can give us 5 innings every time is unknown but I think for sure he can give us at least 4 which is more than we were getting before him. Hes promising in that 3 role let's hope it holds out and we'll have something. Crossed fingers on auger but he has the stuff to do it just have to see on the stamina. Once he hits that wall though and you can see it becaue his command goes, go get him now and don't wait until he gives up a crooked number like they did against auburn.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-28-2024 at 08:50 PM.

vCash
    M34?.for the WIN!!!!
    lol

vCash

Love this weekend!
    When I say one I am saying that is the min but I'm shooting for at least 2 every weekend. At home I expect 2 as floor.

We should have swept LSU, UF and should have won 2 at TAMU, OM. We are right there among best in SEC. Just little things.