Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Game 3 Vandy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Well, well, well
    Who would have thought?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Baseball games are long no time limit, 27 outs and until that last out you have a chance. Most people don't understand that. This team has balls!
    ^^^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    SEC team winning 18 games and not hosting is unprecedented the last five years. Or 17 for that matter.
    And if we win every series we get to 18. 17 I won't argue w w have a shot. However, it will depend on the rest of the country and how the sec shakes out. It's not impossible. But I'm not calling it a given like past years bc of the shit losses we have. Quad 4 losses is a killler. And we have multiple.

vCash
    By question is this? Is Corbin an idiot for pitching to Hines?? I would have left on left. Stats said so and the guy was good. Didn't work out. If that happened to us, our fans lose their mind. Hind sight is 20/20.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    By question is this? Is Corbin an idiot for pitching to Hines?? I would have left on left. Stats said so and the guy was good. Didn't work out. If that happened to us, our fans lose their mind. Hind sight is 20/20.
    He would have seen nothing but off the plate pitches, breaking balls if I’m Coaching.

vCash
    And if we win every series we get to 18. 17 I won't argue w w have a shot. However, it will depend on the rest of the country and how the sec shakes out. It's not impossible. But I'm not calling it a given like past years bc of the shit losses we have. Quad 4 losses is a killler. And we have multiple.
    With 1B open, lol. Glad they did it, tho.

vCash
    The committee doesn't just look at the negative. We also have 7 quad one wins.

There is a clear correlation between SEC wins and committee choices much moreso than RPI. Because RPI is partially about unpredictable luck. We could schedule Miami, USC, Texas, and if all of those teams are down it could tank your RPI.

Because here's the thing. You can win 17 SEC games and have a lower RPI than a team that has 15 SEC wins that you beat. So how do justify rewarding a team that has fewer wins and lost head to head because they had a more "difficult" OOC schedule which is actually kind of random.

vCash
    Corbin did what i would've done. Left on left and you never put the winning run on base unless it's maybe Barry Bonds and Hines ain't Bonds and as much as our fans have hammered on Hines for not being clutch why not pitch to him 😂

vCash
    Considering renfroe pitched here, I'd say so.
    Rooker pitched some too, so did Tommy Raffo.

Stevens is a top-50 national recruit because of his expected field position contributions. Should have been Kellum Clark of-2021 by now.

I'm not pitch-forking on this topic, with zero depth pitching for SEC Sundays, the staff was probably hoping he could be a 30-40 inning contributor. Pico is needed on Sundays.

Versus OM, going to need decent outings from Siary, Ligon, and Holcombe. I would say awesome outings, but OM has worse pitching issues, just need to be ok. It's like Scott Foxhall is coaching in Oxford these days.

Open question, are Dotson and Loftin unavailable these days?

vCash
    Would you rather we lose so you can be happy about our crap rpi?? Again, our fans suck
    I don't get it?

vCash
    I agree with Fed. Us not getting AB’s for Stevens is akin to letting Hugesak rot last year. We expect this guy to be 3-hole next year. His arm ain’t gonna win us nothing next year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Rooker pitched some too, so did Tommy Raffo.

Stevens is a top-50 national recruit because of his expected field position contributions. Should have been Kellum Clark of-2021 by now.

I'm not pitch-forking on this topic, with zero depth pitching for SEC Sundays, the staff was probably hoping he could be a 30-40 inning contributor. Pico is needed on Sundays.

Versus OM, going to need decent outings from Siary, Ligon, and Holcombe. I would say awesome outings, but OM has worse pitching issues, just need to be ok. It's like Scott Foxhall is coaching in Oxford these days.

Open question, are Dotson and Loftin unavailable these days?
    Numerous scouts disagree w that premise. Said his swing was too long and liked him
    More on the mound. Now, w that said, I don't dislike him as a hitter. Just pointing out some things. He can help on both sides.

vCash
    Corbin did what i would've done. Left on left and you never put the winning run on base unless it's maybe Barry Bonds and Hines ain't Bonds and as much as our fans have hammered on Hines for not being clutch why not pitch to him ��
    Just no way I would have pitched to Hines in that spot and I said so at the time. Glad he did. And glad Hujsak had a good game to make the decision tougher.

vCash
    Numerous scouts disagree w that premise. Said his swing was too long and liked him
    More on the mound. Now, w that said, I don't dislike him as a hitter. Just pointing out some things. He can help on both sides.
    Fair enough- but I don’t see anything special in his arm. If he was a Righty he would be pitching at Co-Lin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Just no way I would have pitched to Hines in that spot and I said so at the time. Glad he did. And glad Hujsak had a good game to make the decision tougher.
    I strangely agree with you. I know metrics and shit say go LonL there- but I also know he watched Little Richey the previous 2 days pound the ball. Baseball is a sport of streaks- I would not have let Hines beat me like that with a base open

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Hines has struggled against lefty's regardless of Saturday. It was the right decision by Corbin just didn't work out. 2 outs left on left against a hitter that can't hit lefty breaking balls. It's almost a no brainer and you never put the winning run on. Hindsight is 20/20, but it's cool if we don't agree on this , that's baseball. Hujsak much better with risp and its lefty righty then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I strangely agree with you. I know metrics and shit say go LonL there- but I also know he watched Little Richey the previous 2 days pound the ball. Baseball is a sport of streaks- I would not have let Hines beat me like that with a base open
    Actually he struggled Friday night he just had big day Saturday. He can't hit lefty braking balls. It's not metrics just smart baseball. He should've never seen a fastball that was the mistake.

vCash
    Hines has struggled against lefty's regardless of Saturday. It was the right decision by Corbin just didn't work out. 2 outs left on left against a hitter that can't hit lefty breaking balls. It's almost a no brainer and you never put the winning run on. Hindsight is 20/20, but it's cool if we don't agree on this , that's baseball. Hujsak much better with risp and its lefty righty then.
    And you aren’t wrong here. It’s just kind of a gut decision in-game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    And you aren’t wrong here. It’s just kind of a gut decision in-game
    And I 100% agree with you on that and it's also why I'm not making the money Corbin ans Lemonis are making lol!

vCash
    I know one thing we can all agree on, they pitched to Hines and he won it!

ETA I hope this weekend for the monkey off Hines back and he keeps raking! He keeps doing this he's a difference maker the rest of the way!
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-28-2024 at 09:22 PM.