Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chance is due today

vCash

Chance is due today

Just saying in advance. He makes too much contact, for hits to not fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Just saying in advance. He makes too much contact, for hits to not fall.
    Nope. And our situational plate awareness just sucks. Men on 2nd and 3rd with no outs and we can't even get a Sac fly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Nope. And our situational plate awareness just sucks. Men on 2nd and 3rd with no outs and we can't even get a Sac fly.
    They are fun to watch ***

vCash
    Jusack with the big hit. Can we clone him and replace about 6 other players.

vCash
    And Kohler with his 1st HR!!!!

vCash
    Chance js looking good for Vandy.

vCash
    he is not the answer leading off. Too much weakass contact
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    he is not the answer leading off. Too much weakass contact
    you are right. I was hoping to send good vibes to him today.

vCash
    Chance should be batting 9th. Him being in the lineup during a SEC game is just a sign how bad the talent level is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Chance should be batting 9th. Him being in the lineup during a SEC game is just a sign how bad the talent level is.
    He was 370 in sec games going into the weekend. He had several loud outs this weekend. But ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    No, geez he was hitting over 300 coming into this weekend and one of our best hitters with risp. He's been raking for the last month. He should be in the 6 hole where he was perfect spot for him. I sometimes wonder if people even watch the games.

vCash
    I?d like to see the following as our
    1-7 batting order: mershon, Jordan, Hines, Hugesack, Chance, the rookie and Kolher. Try it for an entire weekend and see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    I?d like to see the following as our
    1-7 batting order: mershon, Jordan, Hines, Hugesack, Chance, the rookie and Kolher. Try it for an entire weekend and see.
    Not bad but I'd flip Hujsak and Hines and put Larry behind Pulliam. Three hole needs to be a complete hitter, that can handle the bat better than Hines. IMO.

vCash
    I REALLY wish our coaches would call more bunts at times especially for guys who are struggling. I would?ve bunted Chance twice today. Heck, they might throw the ball down the right field line.
    And, try a squeeze play at times if someone is struggling. A good squeeze would get the whole team fired up!

Who was the team who beat Burn at Burn in a regionally either in 2022 or 2023 on 3 STRAIGHT bunts. Look no further than those 3 bunts for anyone who says a good bunting game can not turn a game.

vCash
    I like his Dad a lot but I’ve given Trout a lot of shit. He sat awhile and something clicked when Lemon put him back in the line-up. Great for him.

I can also see based on metrics why u would try to lead off with him. But he just isn’t that guy. Slide him back and leadoff Dirtbag. He did it the last half of the year last season and can do it for us moving forward. And actually- I’d try Trout in the 2-hole because he can bunt fairly well
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Pulliam
    Mershon
    Hines
    Hujsak
    Jordan
    Chance
    Kohler
    Powell
    Larry or Stevens platooning and if Larry continues to struggle, give Downs or Cupp a few ABs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I like his Dad a lot but I’ve given Trout a lot of shit. He sat awhile and something clicked when Lemon put him back in the line-up. Great for him.

I can also see based on metrics why u would try to lead off with him. But he just isn’t that guy. Slide him back and leadoff Dirtbag. He did it the last half of the year last season and can do it for us moving forward. And actually- I’d try Trout in the 2-hole because he can bunt fairly well
    Yeah I'd like to see Mershon leading off and give chance a shot in the 2 hole. I really think Hujsak needs to be in the 3 hole. He's clutch and doesn't strike out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I'd like to see Mershon leading off and give chance a shot in the 2 hole. I really think Hujsak needs to be in the 3 hole. He's clutch and doesn't strike out.
    I would still put Jordan in the 2 hole and Hines in 3 hole as I mentioned yesterday.
    By putting Hines in 3 hole u guarantee he will get an at bat in the 1st inning.
    He can give us a homer at any time. So, why not put him in 3 hole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    this.....Hujsak in the 3 hole, and Chance in the 2 spot.
    If Mershon gets on, that is some serious pressure on a pitcher throwing from the stretch and watching Mershon everywhere
    Last edited by Santiago; 04-29-2024 at 09:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    I would still put Jordan in the 2 hole and Hines in 3 hole as I mentioned yesterday.
    By putting Hines in 3 hole u guarantee he will get an at bat in the 1st inning.
    He can give us a homer at any time. So, why not put him in 3 hole.
    Jordan has a very high strike out rate. That 2 hole needs to be someone not striking out.