Thread: Please educate me?our pitching

vCash

Please educate me?our pitching

Now, I?ve not kept up with every MSU baseball game this season. But I swear, every time I do tune in or look at a box score, this Scheulke kid has given up multiple runs in less than an inning pitched. His ERA has got to be in the teens. Does he have incriminating pictures of Lemon or something?

vCash
    His era is below 4. And he's pitched some big innings for us. If Kohler turns double play today he doesn't have any issues.

vCash
    Ok. I must have really bad timing then in regards to his outings.

vCash
    He's tough on most R's but he cant get L's out
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    Now, I?ve not kept up with every MSU baseball game this season. But I swear, every time I do tune in or look at a box score, this Scheulke kid has given up multiple runs in less than an inning pitched. His ERA has got to be in the teens. Does he have incriminating pictures of Lemon or something?
    Prior to the Vandy series he led the team in appearances with 23. He has an ERA of 3.86 in 32.2 innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Prior to the Vandy series he led the team in appearances with 23. He has an ERA of 3.86 in 32.2 innings.
    yeah buttttttttt- a helluva lot of runners he inherits score
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He's tough on most R's but he cant get L's out
    Yeah he should really never pitch to lefty's.

vCash
    Schulke is sink or swim. Some outings, batters, and teams can kill him.

He has a rubber arm so he can pitch multiple times per weekend.

In 16 Earned Runs, Austin Peay and Ole Miss got 8 in just 2 outings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah he should really never pitch to lefty's.
    This is why it seems like he gives up a lot of runs. We don't always use him properly. Schulke and Tyler Davis should never appear in the same game.

vCash
    He typically comes in with runners on base and/or in close games.

Plus, I believe he gets squeezed a lot because of his odd arm angles, especially in the bottom of the zone.

ETA: The staff refuses to let him finish on a high note. They always leave him in at least one batter too late.
    Last edited by bulldogcountry1; 04-27-2024 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post

Plus, I believe he gets squeezed a lot because of his odd arm angles, especially in the bottom of the zone.
    He does get squeezed a lot it seems. That om game was a perfect example of it.

vCash
    He does get squeezed a lot it seems. That om game was a perfect example of it.
    There is no question in my mind that his different arm angles mess up the umpires in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    There is no question in my mind that his different arm angles mess up the umpires in the SEC.
    It must be ans he doesn't throw hard enough to have to groove pitches. He got squeezed a tad today too but he lost focus trying to pickoff runners. I know that's called from the bench and not his fault but dang you got a 5 run lead let your pitcher work the hitters and quit getting cute with the pickoffs. Also Kohler killed the inning by not turning a tailor made dp. Schuelke is very good against righty's but we shouldn't let him face lefty's in game situations

vCash
    It must be ans he doesn't throw hard enough to have to groove pitches. He got squeezed a tad today too but he lost focus trying to pickoff runners. I know that's called from the bench and not his fault but dang you got a 5 run lead let your pitcher work the hitters and quit getting cute with the pickoffs. Also Kohler killed the inning by not turning a tailor made dp. Schuelke is very good against righty's but we shouldn't let him face lefty's in game situations
    Yeah. And I can't imagine a submarine guy have a good pick off move anyway unless the runner just gets completely confused by the weird looking pick off move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post

ETA: The staff refuses to let him finish on a high note. They always leave him in at least one batter too late.
    Good post and all true.