Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Game 2 vs Candy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He had an 11 game hit streak broken today. And he did walk twice today. But sure sounds great. Man we have some dumb ass fans.
    People probably don't realize he's our best hitter with risp. He's hitting over 450 with risp. His k rate is to high for sure but that comes with power hitters these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    That would please me, lol.
    I would love nothing more than to spend the first weekend of June at Dudy Noble Field.

I'm not making reservations yet but the brochure is still on the table for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm thinking 13. Our RPi is 35 right now. The only opponent with a worse RPI going forward is Mizzou at 90. Again I highly doubt we play North Alabama.

Win and our RPI goes up. Lose and we really won't take too much damage. It's probably going to take us tanking including losing 2/3 to Mizzou to keep us out.

We're probably closer to hosting than we are not making it.
    We will be big time on the bubble w 13. That means the next 3 weekends are disasters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Maybe it's just me being older and loving baseball so much, but I've enjoyed watching these kids play. Sure we could have a better record but I'm just enjoying this team. Next year is next year, just enjoy this one as long as it lasts.
    Yeah- I don't get fans worried about next year. Especially with the portal.

One thing I have learned about the draft is it's never as bad as it could be or as good as it could be. It seems like every year I have MSU fans tell me that all of our players and recruits are going pro and it never is like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah- I don't get fans worried about next year. Especially with the portal.

One thing I have learned about the draft is it's never as bad as it could be or as good as it could be. It seems like every year I have MSU fans tell me that all of our players and recruits are going pro and it never is like that.
    100% right. It seems like theirs more negative about next year than enjoying this year. You know like i do at the college level the team is generally gonna be vastly different every year. We've got a good core of position players and lot of good pitching returning. Get some in the portal and go from there. And like you said the draft is never as bad or good as folks make out. I'm just enjoying this year for now.

vCash
    We will be big time on the bubble w 13. That means the next 3 weekends are disasters.
    Right we have 11 wins now if we only get 2 more out of tomorrow and the next 3 weeks we don't deserve to make it. I still say we get to 16 sec wins.

vCash
    100% right. It seems like theirs more negative about next year than enjoying this year. You know like i do at the college level the team is generally gonna be vastly different every year. We've got a good core of position players and lot of good pitching returning. Get some in the portal and go from there. And like you said the draft is never as bad or good as folks make out. I'm just enjoying this year for now.
    Too many MSU fans rely on what they have "seen" and err too much on the side of caution because a player may not work out. I remember some of our fans calling Brent Rooker a waste after his freshman year. LOL.

vCash
    We would be on the bubble but if our RPI is 35 or higher which I think it would be we would get in as a three seed. But I agree- I think it's going to be moot barring a disaster.

vCash
    Great comment CC24, and I am guilty of pointing out the rebuild next year if we were to lose Chance and Mershon also. I think the past 2 seasons and seeing squandered chances this year started to piss me off about Lemonis. I want Lemonis to build, and for us to keep our CWS winning coach and see more success.

Parker has made the biggest difference, not Lemonis. Next year I am already catching myself telling friends "I trust Parker to have our pitching staff strong". When is the last time we said that about Lemonis.
    So...I want to see us go on a heck of a run this season, and use it to get portal players. We need it. Maybe you guys that know the program better can say if Lemonis has changed to the good on being involved or not.
    Last edited by Santiago; 04-28-2024 at 09:36 AM.

vCash
    He had an 11 game hit streak broken today. And he did walk twice today. But sure sounds great. Man we have some dumb ass fans.
    He's having a good season, but I wanna see even more power. We need him and Hines to destroy the ball from here on. Bc we have so few power guys, we need these 2 to carry us

vCash
    100% right. It seems like theirs more negative about next year than enjoying this year.
    Its because they have had to shift the narrative. They started with this team sux, has no talent, and wont make a Regional. Then it had to shift once they realized we are making a Regional. So now its that we arent hosting and we will suck next year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Great comment CC24, and I am guilty of pointing out the rebuild next year if we were to lose Chance and Mershon also. I think the past 2 seasons and seeing squandered chances this year started to piss me off about Lemonis. I want Lemonis to build, and for us to keep our CWS winning coach and see more success.

Parker has made the biggest difference, not Lemonis. Next year I am already catching myself telling friends "I trust Parker to have our pitching staff strong". When is the last time we said that about Lemonis.
    So...I want to see us go on a heck of a run this season, and use it to get portal players. We need it. Maybe you guys that know the program better can say if Lemonis has changed to the good on being involved or not.
    Great post and Man I can understand completely where you're coming from! These last 2 years have been huge disappointments and I can understand why people have angst with Lemonis.

Parker is so good. As Earl weaver used to say if you ain't got pitching you ain't got squat. Parker has totally rebuilt our pitching staff and letting kids use their strengths. Obviously we've had some growing pains but guys are getting better now worse and that's the sign of Parker and the players making adjustments.

I know we all just want our program to be elite again and hopefully we're back on track.