Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: That?s Baseball

vCash

That?s Baseball

Just not MSU Baseball. Hard to watch and be fired up. Maybe we will get one win this weekend, but we have problems and they aren?t gonna get better. I see 4 Sec caliber everyday players, glad Lemonis hired Parker and we have a Good Friday night pitcher.

I?m trying to find my maroon shades, I really want us to win.

vCash
    My goal has always been to win 1 this weekend. Sunday

vCash
    We aint very good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    My goal has always been to win 1 this weekend. Sunday
    My goal was to win this series, tomorrow is huge! Vandy is ok but far from elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    My goal was to win this series, tomorrow is huge! Vandy is ok but far from elite.
    Well Vandy's ace is pitching tomorrow against TBA. Really bad move to switch up the rotation on our part.

But that said you won't beat anyone scoring zero. Gautreau needs to get off his ass and start coaching his players on how to make some adjustments. I'm tired of his bullshit pro approach to hitting where you wait on guys to just figure it out.

We're middle of the pack with him sitting on his ass. I'd like to see what our guys can do with someone actually coaching them.

vCash
    We just are not very good, it is what it is. We lost two the the worst OM team in over a decade and had a very difficult time with the worst Auburn team in a decade at home where we could easily have lost 2 to them. We have too many glaring holes throughout the team/program to be consistently competitive. If we can manage one this weekend, consider it a huge success. Dark days ahead for the rest of the season, I fear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    We just are not very good, it is what it is. We lost two the the worst OM team in over a decade and had a very difficult time with the worst Auburn team in a decade at home where we could easily have lost 2 to them. We have too many glaring holes throughout the team/program to be consistently competitive. If we can manage one this weekend, consider it a huge success. Dark days ahead for the rest of the season, I fear.
    It's easy to be bad when you don't maximize your talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well Vandy's ace is pitching tomorrow against TBA. Really bad move to switch up the rotation on our part.

But that said you won't beat anyone scoring zero. Gautreau needs to get off his ass and start coaching his players on how to make some adjustments. I'm tired of his bullshit pro approach to hitting where you wait on guys to just figure it out.

We're middle of the pack with him sitting on his ass. I'd like to see what our guys can do with someone actually coaching them.
    Lemonis should take over our hitters, if not his job is on the line. What series have we been impressive so far? Maybe Georgia.

vCash
    And one other thing that made me cringe recently. Lemonis was talking about how it's hard to hit a pitcher throwing 85. Do we not have pitching machines that we can adjust the speeds on? I heard Campbell's coach talking about how they use the scouting reports and then adjust their machines accordingly pregame. Bunch of morons.

vCash
    Lemonis should take over our hitters, if not his job is on the line. What series have we been impressive so far? Maybe Georgia.
    LSU was probably the most impressive. His job is only on the line if the hitters mess up so bad we don't go to the regionals. Not sure how likely that is yet.

vCash
    It's easy to be bad when you don't maximize your talent.
    Yep, coaching is one of the glaring deficiencies I alluded to with the team/program. Inexcusable.

vCash
    LSU was probably the most impressive. His job is only on the line if the hitters mess up so bad we don't go to the regionals. Not sure how likely that is yet.
    Maybe so Todd but LSU has been below average this year.

vCash
    There's no way we're talented enough to win as many games as some of yall require.

vCash
    Maybe so Todd but LSU has been below average this year.
    I wasn't exactly bragging about us hitting in one series all year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    There's no way we're talented enough to win as many games as some of yall require.
    That is the big issue. We don’t have the talent and mental toughness to win road SEC series. We might steal a game but not 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Even more reason to not try to pull everything IMO.

vCash
    For as "talented" as I was told we were, we sure don't look like it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    For as "talented" as I was told we were, we sure don't look like it
    Neither did our pitchers last year. Until they got a real pitching coach who actually understands the game and can blend modern with old school.

Same situation with our hitting.

vCash
    According to Lemonis Q & A on genespage, it wasn't our hitting. We ran into the "second coming of Bob Gibson"(my analogy** from his comments), and he said that we face their ace tomorrow. Wow. He also said 'mani was struggling. You think? Has he even checked his BA against SEC pitching?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    According to Lemonis Q & A on genespage, it wasn't our hitting. We ran into the "second coming of Bob Gibson"(my analogy** from his comments), and he said that we face their ace tomorrow. Wow. He also said 'mani was struggling. You think? Has he even checked his BA against SEC pitching?
    I would like to see the entire teams BA against SEC only. Can't be very good.