Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That?s Baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I would like to see the entire teams BA against SEC only. Can't be very good.
    We are middle of the pack SEC
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    "Middle of the Pack" might well be perceived as mediocre. Win tomorrow and/or Sunday, all is well, again, with this roller coaster team. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    "Middle of the Pack" might well be perceived as mediocre. Win tomorrow and/or Sunday, all is well, again, with this roller coaster team. Hail State!
    We win the games we're suppose to and lose the ones we're suppose to plus road games. We aren't very good. We have only beaten teams that aren't great and struggled to win those games. We have also lost to teams we should have beaten but those seem to be on the road where we were winning and collapsed.

vCash
    Hope we upset Vandy and their ace today, just win! We just haven't been good on the road.

vCash
    How about specifics for the top 12 players who get AB's? I would like to see the actual numbers in SEC games only.

vCash
    Avg is a poor stat to judge an offense.
    8th in OBP
    13th in slugging
    14th in hr

We have no power, none. Keep in mind this is all games, and we've played the easiest schedule in the sec

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And one other thing that made me cringe recently. Lemonis was talking about how it's hard to hit a pitcher throwing 85. Do we not have pitching machines that we can adjust the speeds on? I heard Campbell's coach talking about how they use the scouting reports and then adjust their machines accordingly pregame. Bunch of morons.
    Let's just get Campbell's coach and keep Parker.
    Those guys can hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Avg is a poor stat to judge an offense.
    8th in OBP
    13th in slugging
    14th in hr

We have no power, none. Keep in mind this is all games, and we've played the easiest schedule in the sec
    We are more of a base to base hitting team, we have been a poor clutch hitting team. Last night is a good example, I think it was 7th inning, base runners on 1st and 3rd with two outs and we hit a weak ground ball to second baseman.

Lemonis is more of a sit back manager and let his assistants do their thing, hey I understand you do this as HC but many times or sometimes the HC has to take charge, like be more involved with hitting, pitching or defense coaching. Some may disagree with my take on Lemonis, but he seems to be a slower learner, or he doesn't want to hurt someone's feelings.
    Too laid back, it's obvious.

vCash
    That is going to drop a whole lot after Vandy, and Arkansas
    Really hard to see where we are on record and stats after playing the weaker SEC teams so far.

We have played 5 of the bottom 8 SEC teams in ERA this season.
    When we play bama and Missouri, that will make it 7 out of the bottom 8 teams in ERA.

I hope we go on a run for the remainder of the season, but this is really bad right now.
    Last edited by Santiago; 04-27-2024 at 08:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    My goal was to win this series, tomorrow is huge! Vandy is ok but far from elite.
    I get that, but while they are far from elite, they are still much better than us.
    Damn the expectations have fallen.
    Just make a regional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I get that, but while they are far from elite, they are still much better than us.
    Damn the expectations have fallen.
    Just make a regional.
    Agree, and this is what becomes frustrating is see fans lower the bar on expectations. It should be ok to want Lemonis to do well, but also call out that we continue to slide in the opposite direction we want to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Agree, and this is what becomes frustrating is see fans lower the bar on expectations. It should be ok to want Lemonis to do well, but also call out that we continue to slide in the opposite direction we want to go.
    Tough position... the goal for THIS team should be a regional, but that saves lemonis, who put THIS team (with lower expectations) together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Tough position... the goal for THIS team should be a regional, but that saves lemonis, who put THIS team (with lower expectations) together
    Lemonis is living right if he makes a regional. The SEC schedule avoiding Kentucky, SC, and TN, while Florida was also down(and we still lost), and in a season where LSU and Ole Miss are having a tough year.

Just glad we won't have to face Air Force in a regional ***

It really is sad we have a fan base hoping to just win one at Vandy, and one at Arkansas, and squeak by to get in a regional.
    We need a Justin Haire or someone to come in this off season and re-evaluate talent, and get the portal players needed.

vCash
    It's pretty much just C34 that's trying to lower the standard.

He has argued with me saying that there's literally 30-40 teams with the same resources as us, so we shouldn't expect average results better than that. He calls this season -where we are unranked and will barely make a regional- a "response" that proved the Lemo haters wrong.

I've yet to see anyone else deviate from the following standard: make a regional almost every year, be in host contention most years, make a Super every 2nd or 3rd year. Only C34 wants to celebrate a coach for maki g a regional like that's some accomplishment
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 04-27-2024 at 10:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Lemonis is living right if he makes a regional. The SEC schedule avoiding Kentucky, SC, and TN, while Florida was also down(and we still lost), and in a season where LSU and Ole Miss are having a tough year.

Just glad we won't have to face Air Force in a regional ***

It really is sad we have a fan base hoping to just win one at Vandy, and one at Arkansas, and squeak by to get in a regional.
    We need a Justin Haire or someone to come in this off season and re-evaluate talent, and get the portal players needed.
    ^^^This^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    It's pretty much just C34 that's trying to lower the standard.

He has argued with me saying that there's literally 30-40 years with the same resources as us, so we shouldn't expect average results better than that. He calls this season -where we are unranked and will barely make a regional- a "response" that proved the Lemo haters wrong.

I've yet to see anyone else deviate from the following standard: make a regional almost every year, be in host contention most years, make a Super every 2nd or 3rd year. Only C34 wants to celebrate a coach for maki g a regional like that's some accomplishment
    Agree.
    Other SEC West teams are making really good hires, including Bama hiring that coach from Maryland. A&M stepped up with Schloss. LSU has the number 1 recruiting class.
    But yeah, we should just bend over that bucket and take it. ***

Campbell will win over 35 games again this season but probably not make it to a regional. I wish we would take advantage of that running go, and get Haire here as soon as the season is over and start evaluating our current team, and what he needs for the Portal.

vCash
    PSA - Vandy has good players and routinely recruits better HS talent than MSU. You should expect trips to Vandy to be competitive and not easy

That said Goat is a mediocre hitting coach and does not recruit as well as the MsU facilities and tradition would expect. What is this clown still doing in Starkville. Just get rid of him on Monday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    How about specifics for the top 12 players who get AB's? I would like to see the actual numbers in SEC games only.
    You can google it

https://hailstate.com/sports/baseball/stats/2024

vCash
    Yall have more emotional mood swings than tennage girls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yall have more emotional mood swings than tennage girls.
    For me, my mood swing started against Air Force, and slowly built up through the season.
    Actually it has been a mood for the past 3 seasons, so don't act like fans that have endured this BS for 3 seasons are somehow on a mood swing. You sound like a Polk 2 fan.