Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bama spanking the Rebs

vCash

Bama spanking the Rebs

Bama just put 9 runs on the board in the 4th inning. They are up 10-0 on Ole Miss.

Tennessee beating Mizzou 6-0 in the 4th.

vCash
    This would be Bama's first sec road win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Now 12-0 after 5 innings.

vCash
    Ole Miss loses 12-0 to Bama (run ruled in 7 innings)

Tennessee up 10-1 over Mizzou in the 8th

vCash
    Rebs are terrible. That was a bad series loss.

vCash
    Thats...umm...a lot of run-rules, lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    We blew it Saturday night. Terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    No kidding. State nearly run-ruled the Rebs on Friday, blew the Saturday game and even more embarrassing got run-ruled by that terrible team! 🤬🤬🤬

vCash
    Ole miss is hot garbage and we lemoned our way to losing 2 of 3. Our SEC schedule has been so overrated and we still have lost way too many.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Their home series wins are impressive. They took the series from Tennessee and Arkansas this year.
    They have a great RPI. Sitting in a great spot so far.

They finish the season playing Ole Miss, then us, and then LSU and Auburn. They will rack up some wins and pass us by.

This is what burns me with the Lemonis argument, and giving him excuses this year with percentages, placement in the SEC standings so far etc.
    Bama lost a coach last year that was betting on games. They tanked. Lost some good players.
    But here they are with an even better coach from Maryland, and looking like a team building something.
    Last edited by Santiago; 04-26-2024 at 09:00 AM.

vCash
    I think Lemon should go, but I don’t think we have the sack to fire him. Now, whatever Arnett did to not even make it through a year I’ll never know.he was awful, but almost everyone gets a year. I almost think it had to be personal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobi-wan View Post
    I think Lemon should go, but I don’t think we have the sack to fire him. Now, whatever Arnett did to not even make it through a year I’ll never know.he was awful, but almost everyone gets a year. I almost think it had to be personal.
    If we don't take a series from anyone but Missouri, then he really does need to go. We are not winning so far against any of the top 10 in the league.

vCash
    The way I heard it - and others with better info chime in - the F bomb on live TV was a big part of it and Selmon was not impressed at all with him in their talks during the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The way I heard it - and others with better info chime in - the F bomb on live TV was a big part of it and Selmon was not impressed at all with him in their talks during the season.
    Interesting, and says alot that Selmon can pick up on it but our University president thought he had the chops to make that hire himself.

vCash
    I really hope the F-bomb had nothing to do with it. None of us would have cared if he was dropping F-bombs while "winning" games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Interesting, and says alot that Selmon can pick up on it but our University president thought he had the chops to make that hire himself.
    Supposedly Selmon wanted to hear Arnett's pitch for turning the team around mid-season and came out thinking he just had a conversation with the world's most clueless man. He went to Keenum and told him we need to get rid of him. Keenum said you're the AD, do what you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    I really hope the F-bomb had nothing to do with it. None of us would have cared if he was dropping F-bombs while "winning" games.
    It's a bad look. I mean, if we had beaten Bama... sure. He's no William F. Buckley but c'mon, it was uncalled for and showed a lack of self control.

vCash
    Now, whatever Arnett did to not even make it through a year I?ll never know.he was awful, but almost everyone gets a year. I almost think it had to be personal.
    Waaaaay different situation. Arnett was pretty much an interim. Did you not watch any football games this year? It was obvious he was in way over his head. There was NO way you could justify keeping him as HC. He had to go before he cratered the program to the point of no retuen.

vCash
    I attended every football game. It was clear the team was in a bad place to everyone there. 2 seasons is just pretty standard. Firing him was the right call. It was just against the norm. Can’t argue with that. Especially for a school in a major conference in modern day sports with massive multi year contacts. I think if he hadn’t come off as a complete DA he probably could’ve spun something along the lines of “Hey, coach died and I didn’t expect to be here. This is my plan to get back to having a pulse.”

vCash
    I believe it had more to do with lying to players and their families and losing control of the team. And when I say lying I'm talking about beyond Will Rogers and his Dad. He couldn't even recruit anyone because no one trusted him. That's why his class basically fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I'm pretty sure based on who was hired shortly after Leach passed away and how quickly it took place that it was certain major boosters that spearheaded that whole thing. Keenum just fell on the sword. Probably the same people that put Cohen in at AD.

vCash
    They way I heard it ...Keenum threw a fit about the F bomb and that just took the fire out of him...then when Will and Tulu did their own thing at SC ....Barbay forbid any deviation from the called play...no checks of any kind ...that combination gave us the worst performance in MSU history at the LSU game.......after that...the season was lost...