Thread: Bama spanking the Rebs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobi-wan View Post
    I think Lemon should go, but I don’t think we have the sack to fire him. Now, whatever Arnett did to not even make it through a year I’ll never know.he was awful, but almost everyone gets a year. I almost think it had to be personal.
    The way I heard it - and others with better info chime in - the F bomb on live TV was a big part of it and Selmon was not impressed at all with him in their talks during the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The way I heard it - and others with better info chime in - the F bomb on live TV was a big part of it and Selmon was not impressed at all with him in their talks during the season.
    Interesting, and says alot that Selmon can pick up on it but our University president thought he had the chops to make that hire himself.

vCash
    I really hope the F-bomb had nothing to do with it. None of us would have cared if he was dropping F-bombs while "winning" games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Interesting, and says alot that Selmon can pick up on it but our University president thought he had the chops to make that hire himself.
    Supposedly Selmon wanted to hear Arnett's pitch for turning the team around mid-season and came out thinking he just had a conversation with the world's most clueless man. He went to Keenum and told him we need to get rid of him. Keenum said you're the AD, do what you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    I really hope the F-bomb had nothing to do with it. None of us would have cared if he was dropping F-bombs while "winning" games.
    It's a bad look. I mean, if we had beaten Bama... sure. He's no William F. Buckley but c'mon, it was uncalled for and showed a lack of self control.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    It was absolutely embarrassing. Showed how dumb he is.

vCash
    They way I heard it ...Keenum threw a fit about the F bomb and that just took the fire out of him...then when Will and Tulu did their own thing at SC ....Barbay forbid any deviation from the called play...no checks of any kind ...that combination gave us the worst performance in MSU history at the LSU game.......after that...the season was lost...