Thread: If Lemonis Stays

vCash

If Lemonis Stays

Is it an automatic that Go-tro stays as well?

We really need inject some new life in our recruiting, and our hitting is just...meh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    Is it an automatic that Go-tro stays as well?

We really need inject some new life in our recruiting, and our hitting is just...meh.
    Probably so. You're not going to just let Jake walk away. And actually, our hitting is much better this year than last. We are about 20 points higher as a team BA. Dakota has raised his avg almost 70 points. Mershon is up almost 60 pts. Hujsak, with more ABs is up almost 100 pts. The biggest dip is Larry, who's down almost 30 points, and Hines is down about 15 pts. Our OBP is around the same and we're on target for just about everything outside of HRs. Much lower in that area due to losing Alford, Clark, and Ledbetter. Lost 32 HRs between those 3. Add that to Hines not anywhere close to his pace from last year and we have seen a definite dip in the HR dept.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Probably so. You're not going to just let Jake walk away. And actually, our hitting is much better this year than last. We are about 20 points higher as a team BA. Dakota has raised his avg almost 70 points. Mershon is up almost 60 pts. Hujsak, with more ABs is up almost 100 pts. The biggest dip is Larry, who's down almost 30 points, and Hines is down about 15 pts. Our OBP is around the same and we're on target for just about everything outside of HRs. Much lower in that area due to losing Alford, Clark, and Ledbetter. Lost 32 HRs between those 3. Add that to Hines not anywhere close to his pace from last year and we have seen a definite dip in the HR dept.
    What about the averages of 6-9 in the order and the bench? Very happy with Chance though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    What about the averages of 6-9 in the order and the bench? Very happy with Chance though.
    I mean last year 6-9 was:

Alford: .248
    Hancock: .287
    Larry: .297
    Highfill: .231

This year 6-9 FOR MOST GAMES has been:

Chance: .305
    Kohler: .218
    Long: .234
    Whoever DHs: .250

I mean it's about the same. Maybe a little worse this year, but Pulliam is down there now so that helps too.

vCash
    I mean last year 6-9 was:

Alford: .248
    Hancock: .287
    Larry: .297
    Highfill: .231

This year 6-9 FOR MOST GAMES has been:

Chance: .305
    Kohler: .218
    Long: .234
    Whoever DHs: .250

I mean it's about the same. Maybe a little worse this year, but Pulliam is down there now so that helps too.
    Thanks for year to year comparison. I don't think anyone expected Kohler to struggle so badly at the plate this year. Long, a replacement due to Highfield injury who may have made a jump this year. After attending many games, never realized overall BA of DH was .250. I thought it was much worse.

vCash
    Thanks for year to year comparison. I don't think anyone expected Kohler to struggle so badly at the plate this year. Long, a replacement due to Highfield injury who may have made a jump this year. After attending many games, never realized overall BA of DH was .250. I thought it was much worse.
    Kohler's lack of power this year has hurt for sure. Then factor in Highfill's 10-15 he probably hits. Power numbers being down has certainly hurt us some.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think our hitting is fine more times than not. Just baffles me how we look so unprepared to face weak OOC pitching week after week, season after season

vCash
    I kind of avg'd it out. Stevens and Downs are a lot higher while O'Brien and Mackenzie are a lot lower. So kind of went in the middle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    I think our hitting is fine more times than not. Just baffles me how we look so unprepared to face weak OOC pitching week after week, season after season
    I think we see a guy throwing 83 mph meatballs and we try to hit the Holliman Center. That's not a new thing though and it's not just Lemonis teams. I've watched Polk teams, Cohen teams, and Cann teams do it as well.

vCash
    I kind of avg'd it out. Stevens and Downs are a lot higher while O'Brien and Mackenzie are a lot lower. So kind of went in the middle.
    I sure wish Stevens could DH and get the at bats. I feel like his upside is a lot higher the more at bats he gets...

vCash
    I guess it's possible that someone will give Gautreau a shot to be a head coach. But I always heard it would be another SEC job and I don't think many will be available in the offseason.

I wish we would bring in one of Campbell's assistant hitting coaches as an analyst. We get results but I don't think we're maximizing our talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I guess it's possible that someone will give Gautreau a shot to be a head coach. But I always heard it would be another SEC job and I don't think many will be available in the offseason.

I wish we would bring in one of Campbell's assistant hitting coaches as an analyst. We get results but I don't think we're maximizing our talent.
    My thing is, and I could be wrong, we watch a lot of strikes go by.

vCash
    What is each of the top 12 players BA in SEC only? What are the % of outs by the middle 3 in the order via strike outs(non-productive outs)?
    BA with RISP? Stats that matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    What is each of the top 12 players BA in SEC only? What are the % of outs by the middle 3 in the order via strike outs(non-productive outs)?
    BA with RISP? Stats that matter.
    This. Hujsak are the only guys with consistent SEC production. You have to scroll down a good bit to find Jordan then Hines.

Our weak non-con really padded the stats, and most everyone has been trending down since SEC started, especially in the power department.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I wish we would bring in more than just the assistant from Campbell.