Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday baseball @ Memphis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah Colby only needs to pitch when we're up by 10+
    You being nice, his time is up, he just hasn’t worked out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I agree about Stevens, we should have been getting some innings, not sure why we haven’t. We need a Sunday guy badly.
    Ahem, Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Ahem, Davis.
    I’m good with Davis also. But we need another lefty and Stevens may be our only hope.

vCash
    Ahem, Davis.
    I bet ya we start Auger again Sunday
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    You being nice, his time is up, he just hasn?t worked out.
    Naw if you're up by 10 you don't want to wast one of your real pitchers, lol!

In all seriousness it's a shame he hasn't worked out for him and us. Seen it to many times in the past(not just state but all over). Just can't harness it. Braves had a young pitcher years ago named Luis Rivera and he threw upper 90s when not many did then. I remember Chipper hitting against him in spring and said he had "pure cheddar". He never realized that potential though.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-23-2024 at 10:05 PM.

vCash
    Naw if you're up by 10 you don't want to wast one of your real pitchers, lol!

In all seriousness it's a shame he hasn't worked out for him and us. Seen it to many times in the past(not just state but all over). Just can't harness it. Braves had a young pitcher years ago named Luis Rivera and he threw upper 90s when not many did then. I remember Chipper hitting against him in spring and said he had "pure cheddar". He never realized that potential though.
    I wish Stevens would have been getting more chances early. He looked really good very early, but it’s kinda late now and it may be iffy.

As you know 24, 96/97 fastballs need to have some movements or at least not thrown right down Broadway. LOL. H
    He just hasn’t developed at MSU.

vCash
    I’m good with Davis also. But we need another lefty and Stevens may be our only hope.
    Davis is a lefty. 1.64 ERA in 17 appearances. Senior. Started at VCU, he was their ace. I've liked him since that outing versus LSU last year in Baton Rouge.

vCash
    I wish Stevens would have been getting more chances early. He looked really good very early, but it’s kinda late now and it may be iffy.

As you know 24, 96/97 fastballs need to have some movements or at least not thrown right down Broadway. LOL. H
    He just hasn’t developed at MSU.
    Yeah i agree. Although Holcombe biggest problem(and has been even hs and juco) is getting behind in counts and having to groove pitches. His slider is plus but he can't command it and that's another issue when hitters can sit fastball all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I bet ya we start Auger again Sunday
    Probably

vCash
    Probably
    And I'm not advocating for that in any way. I just bet we do it again cause it worked Sunday. At least this time I hope they give him a hardline 40-45 pitches and/or 3 IP's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He and Khal Stephen are the poster boys for Justin Parker. I wasn't sure why we kept him around this offseason even though he could always throw hard. Parker and the lab have made him a monster.
    I agree. I really dug into hardin pitching this week. Slowed down video so I could watch his delivery in ultra slow motion. That 2 seamer he really turns it over hard and that thing runs and bites hard! That cutter is just crazy. Same exact arm slot and motion as the 2 seam but runs away and hitters are not seeing it at al! Just amazing comparing deliveries from this year to last!

vCash
    I dont get anything about the Stevens situation. We dont pitch him enough and we mf'ing sure dont hit him enough. This is the guy we signed thinking he was our future 3-hole guy. I'll defend Lemon on overall stuff but his methods to get there make me wtf????? every time we play
    The Stevens situation is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Very odd the way we're handling him unless he has some type injury that we're limiting him but I haven heard of any.

vCash
    I agree. I really dug into hardin pitching this week. Slowed down video so I could watch his delivery in ultra slow motion. That 2 seamer he really turns it over hard and that thing runs and bites hard! That cutter is just crazy. Same exact arm slot and motion as the 2 seam but runs away and hitters are not seeing it at al! Just amazing comparing deliveries from this year to last!
    I'm not sure why people think we have the best fans in college baseball.**

I dont get anything about the Stevens situation. We dont pitch him enough and we mf'ing sure dont hit him enough. This is the guy we signed thinking he was our future 3-hole guy. I'll defend Lemon on overall stuff but his methods to get there make me wtf????? every time we play
    The Stevens situation is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Very odd the way we're handling him unless he has some type injury that we're limiting him but I haven heard of any.
    He did have a wrist injury in the fall but he is past that. There was concern about rushing him too much too soon because he missed the fall. It seems to me like they thought he could step up into the closers role because he has future first round potential and he doesn't walk people. But we put him in near impossible situations. He looked good to me against Auburn. With Hardin emerging in the closers role and Pico not being ready for the Sunday job we'll see if they come around on Stevens. I just can't imagine them settling on Auger as a starter long term if we're only going to get 3 innings out of him anyway?

vCash
    But damn- Pitching is supposed to be Stevens added extra. His primary is that his bat is supposed to be MLB

vCash
    But damn- Pitching is supposed to be Stevens added extra. His primary is that his bat is supposed to be MLB
    He may be a true dual position player in college. I know out of high school he was projected to be a first baseman but I have also heard people compare him as a pitcher to Hagan Smith since he got to MSU. All depends on what scout you talk to.

vCash
    It's his decision making as his #1 fault. You can't Coach players up if you don't play them. It's a pattern with Lemonis with being slow to change things (our new second baseman).
    Parker has coached up our pitchers, he is the difference maker, but I give credit to Lemonis for bringing him the Dude!

P.S. I am glad we are on track again, but I wouldn't extend Lemonis contract to his last year. But that is just me. Btw 34, speaking of contracts, I was told yesterday Jans hasn't signed his extension because he doesn't want a buyout, our AD ain't stupid. Also Jans never went on the Arkansas interview, all smoking gun from his agent and Arkansas smoking gun with Cal already in the boat.
    Good post, Base!

vCash
    Just keep winning. Winning breeds more winning, that's how you catch fire late in the season. I think that AU series could be that first match that lights the fire. We've got some issues but so does everyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Just keep winning. Winning breeds more winning, that's how you catch fire late in the season. I think that AU series could be that first match that lights the fire. We've got some issues but so does everyone else.
    Great post and I agree, just keep building on it!

vCash
    It's his decision making as his #1 fault. You can't Coach players up if you don't play them. It's a pattern with Lemonis with being slow to change things (our new second baseman).
    Parker has coached up our pitchers, he is the difference maker, but I give credit to Lemonis for bringing him the Dude!

P.S. I am glad we are on track again, but I wouldn't extend Lemonis contract to his last year. But that is just me. Btw 34, speaking of contracts, I was told yesterday Jans hasn't signed his extension because he doesn't want a buyout, our AD ain't stupid. Also Jans never went on the Arkansas interview, all smoking gun from his agent and Arkansas smoking gun with Cal already in the boat.
    Lemonis sack draws up at the thought of change. He's the least adaptive coach I've ever seen minus Croom. His recruiting isn't great either, but good enough to build a regional team to keep his job. He also rubs a lot of folks the wrong way. Give him credit for Parker and saving his job. Next year will be rough as hell, so I'm not for extending him because he should've recruited better. But we'll extend him I'm sure. Now, if he makes a run, definitely extend him because then you don't have a choice, and well, he did his job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Lemonis sack draws up at the thought of change. He's the least adaptive coach I've ever seen minus Croom. His recruiting isn't great either, but good enough to build a regional team to keep his job. He also runs a lot of folks the wrong way. Give him credit for Parker and saving his job. Next year will be rough as hell, so I'm not for extending him because he should've recruited better. But we'll extend him I'm sure.
    Agree.
    Saw this noted on another site: This year, we have only 1 series win against a team currently projected into the regionals. Georgia.
    We do not play 3 of the top 7 teams in our conference this year either.