Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tuesday baseball @ Memphis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Just keep winning. Winning breeds more winning, that's how you catch fire late in the season. I think that AU series could be that first match that lights the fire. We've got some issues but so does everyone else.
    Great post and I agree, just keep building on it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    It's his decision making as his #1 fault. You can't Coach players up if you don't play them. It's a pattern with Lemonis with being slow to change things (our new second baseman).
    Parker has coached up our pitchers, he is the difference maker, but I give credit to Lemonis for bringing him the Dude!

P.S. I am glad we are on track again, but I wouldn't extend Lemonis contract to his last year. But that is just me. Btw 34, speaking of contracts, I was told yesterday Jans hasn't signed his extension because he doesn't want a buyout, our AD ain't stupid. Also Jans never went on the Arkansas interview, all smoking gun from his agent and Arkansas smoking gun with Cal already in the boat.
    Lemonis sack draws up at the thought of change. He's the least adaptive coach I've ever seen minus Croom. His recruiting isn't great either, but good enough to build a regional team to keep his job. He also rubs a lot of folks the wrong way. Give him credit for Parker and saving his job. Next year will be rough as hell, so I'm not for extending him because he should've recruited better. But we'll extend him I'm sure. Now, if he makes a run, definitely extend him because then you don't have a choice, and well, he did his job.

vCash
    Lemonis sack draws up at the thought of change. He's the least adaptive coach I've ever seen minus Croom. His recruiting isn't great either, but good enough to build a regional team to keep his job. He also runs a lot of folks the wrong way. Give him credit for Parker and saving his job. Next year will be rough as hell, so I'm not for extending him because he should've recruited better. But we'll extend him I'm sure.
    Agree.
    Saw this noted on another site: This year, we have only 1 series win against a team currently projected into the regionals. Georgia.
    We do not play 3 of the top 7 teams in our conference this year either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Agree.
    Saw this noted on another site: This year, we have only 1 series win against a team currently projected into the regionals. Georgia.
    We do not play 3 of the top 7 teams in our conference this year either.
    noted on this site:

We are 7-0 at home in weekend series

We are 0-3 in road series
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Lemonis sack draws up at the thought of change. He's the least adaptive coach I've ever seen minus Croom. His recruiting isn't great either, but good enough to build a regional team to keep his job. He also rubs a lot of folks the wrong way. Give him credit for Parker and saving his job. Next year will be rough as hell, so I'm not for extending him because he should've recruited better. But we'll extend him I'm sure. Now, if he makes a run, definitely extend him because then you don't have a choice, and well, he did his job.
    You really have to extend him 1 year should we make the Tourney and such but I wouldnt fully extend him back to 4 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You really have to extend him 1 year should we make the Tourney and such but I wouldnt fully extend him back to 4 years
    What's the contract even at now? Two years left or three? I can't remember if Cohen extended him after the 22 season.

vCash
    It's his decision making as his #1 fault. You can't Coach players up if you don't play them. It's a pattern with Lemonis with being slow to change things (our new second baseman).
    Parker has coached up our pitchers, he is the difference maker, but I give credit to Lemonis for bringing him the Dude!

P.S. I am glad we are on track again, but I wouldn't extend Lemonis contract to his last year. But that is just me. Btw 34, speaking of contracts, I was told yesterday Jans hasn't signed his extension because he doesn't want a buyout, our AD ain't stupid. Also Jans never went on the Arkansas interview, all smoking gun from his agent and Arkansas smoking gun with Cal already in the boat.
    Agree, I just don't do a long term deal with a buyout. A regional should be a minimum here, not a norm. See how next year moves with a rebuild and then you can decide. But agents and boosters will probably go three years min if I'm guessing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    What's the contract even at now? Two years left or three? I can't remember if Cohen extended him after the 22 season.
    One year left

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think he has 1 year left after this one

vCash
    We are losing possibly every position player this season, if Chance decides to take a shot at pro ball.

Big rebuild next year. So in that respect....this is our "big year", and we are hoping to just get in a regional and finish top 8 in the SEC.
    Dang.

vCash
    We are losing possibly every position player this season, if Chance decides to take a shot at pro ball.

Big rebuild next year. So in that respect....this is our "big year", and we are hoping to just get in a regional and finish top 8 in the SEC.
    Dang.
    Mershon, Pulliam, Chance, Highfill will all be back. Will be a rebuild but we'll have a good pitching staff and that's a solid core to build from and regardless of what some think there's some good young freshman and a good class coming in. Hopefully we can develop them.

ETA forgot Cupp will be back as well.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-24-2024 at 12:38 PM.

vCash
    Looks like we are on the right track. We need to take 1 from Vandy and beat Ole Miss. Do that and win our home series and we should be a lock

vCash

Dang.
    It's the Lemonis program now. Just have to hope he can improve recruiting. The best thing for the program is to win a regional this year and build on it. We really need a good postseason run or it's going to be tough. Our recruiting class is pretty slim when you take out the guys likely going pro. It's basically MS kids and a couple guys. Some solid, some not.

vCash
    I think he has 1 year left after this one
    Then yes, barring him going two and que in a Regional we would need to extend him a year or two to get it to 2-3. I do not think you extend him out to 4 unless he makes a Super or gets to Omaha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Mershon, Pulliam, Chance, Highfill will all be back. Will be a rebuild but we'll have a good pitching staff and that's a solid core to build from and regardless of what some think there's some good young freshman and a good class coming in. Hopefully we can develop them.

ETA forgot Cupp will be back as well.
    Dirtbag turns 21 next month and will be draft eligible. Very possible to lose him also. People acted like I was crazy when I said we would have 8 drafted or so- they pretty quiet now

vCash
    Dirtbag turns 21 next month and will be draft eligible. Very possible to lose him also. People acted like I was crazy when I said we would have 8 drafted or so- they pretty quiet now
    It is great they are drafted but is this Lemonis's big year then? I am hoping we make a great run in the regionals. Need it.

vCash
    I forgot about that May birthday for him. Be great if he would give it one more year, he'd still have some leverage.