Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
Well considering we lost our starting catcher and are playing back-ups? I think we are doing a pretty good job at Catcher

Hugesak and Downs being morons just can’t be blamed on Cheese. Hugesak almost got picked at 2nd when he took too big of a turn on a hit the LF. The play was literally right in front of him and he damn near got hosed. That’s just a dumb player. Shit Cheese told him to hold up. You just have to overcome morons on your team

I’ll give Lebbo some credit. He got rid of our 2 stupid WR’s from last season. Let them be somebody else’s problem
Not just a backup catcher - our 3rd string catcher for most of the season. I'm not sure that many teams carry a true third catcher, they are usually "emergency" catchers who are walk on's who warm people up in the bullpen.
For all the gripping about our catchers - SEC teams have only attempted 6 steals against us (which is the 2nd least in the conference), and we only have 3 passed balls in conference games - so I'm trying to figure out what all the bitching is about.
Catchers like LoTan who are elite defensively and offensively are rare.