Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team ERA

vCash

Team ERA

Last year 7.01, currently this year it's 4.35.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Amazing how good a pitching staff can be when they challenge hitters and throw strikes. I hope no matter what happens this year we find a way to keep Parker.

vCash
    Just seeing the way Parker conducts himself, he may not be the worst choice for HC if (BIG IF) we miss out on the top 3 or 4 targets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Just seeing the way Parker conducts himself, he may not be the worst choice for HC if (BIG IF) we miss out on the top 3 or 4 targets.
    We need an experienced head coach at a program like MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We need an experienced head coach at a program like MSU.
    I agree!

vCash
    Hitting, Fielding, and ERA are all ok. What's not is the number of extra base hits and power numbers. It's one base at a time for us and why we lose so many close games.We also sacrifice bunt like damn mad men which further hurts us. We're at the bottom in saves as well.

vCash
    nothing wrong with a good short game if it gets followed up with an rbi single.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Hitting, Fielding, and ERA are all ok. What's not is the number of extra base hits and power numbers. It's one base at a time for us and why we lose so many close games.We also sacrifice bunt like damn mad men which further hurts us. We're at the bottom in saves as well.
    Weaknesses are no power/no closer. Other than that we are a good baseball team
    Last edited by Coach34; 04-19-2024 at 05:48 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If we keep Lemo we should probably require he fire the hitting coach. I think keeping Lemo may still be a mistake. Time will tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    We're second in sac bunts in the league. That's not what you want to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Weaknesses are no power/no closer. Other than that we are a good baseball team
    Other than that, we're a middle of the pack SEC team, Without it, we'll see. We could always catch fire or tank. This team seems to be all over the place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Right, which you will only get about 30% of the time. No reason to give away outs.

vCash
    Losing Highfill hurt as far as power production goes. Add in injuries to Kohler and Hines refusing to use the whole field and it explains the power drought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobi-wan View Post
    If we keep Lemo we should probably require he fire the hitting coach. I think keeping Lemo may still be a mistake. Time will tell.
    To me that just seems like putting lipstick on a pig.

We're right in the middle of the SEC in most hitting categories. Not great. But is that fireable? It's not like we're dead last in hitting by a good margin like we were dead last in ERA last year.

To me, not having a closer has been much more of an issue than hitting.

Now if Gautreau leaves or is fired or whatever that's fine but I would be surprised if that is a demand from the AD.

vCash
    We're second in sac bunts in the league. That's not what you want to see.
    Unfortunately we have to manufacture runs. A lot of those bunts are from Johnny Long. They're better than him hitting into a double play. Mershon and Larry are speed guys so I'm always good with them bunting for hits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Unfortunately we have to manufacture runs. A lot of those bunts are from Johnny Long. They're better than him hitting into a double play. Mershon and Larry are speed guys so I'm always good with them bunting for hits.
    Which means the team has issues and your coach is scared to play for a big inning. You don't do that if you have players. And as much as Long is a fiery guy, Powell is a much better hitter. I don't really get the Long hype other than he's the only guy with some fire. He can't throw out anybody, and he can't hit. Lemonis & staff just hasn't recruited adequately. Going to be ugly next year. Were going to be hoping to squeeze into a regional this year unless we get rolling (we could).
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 04-20-2024 at 06:48 AM.

vCash
    Which means the team has issues and your coach is scared to play for a big inning. You don't do that if you have players. And as much as Long is a fiery guy, Powell is a much better hitter. I don't really get the Long hype other than he's the only guy with some fire. He can't throw out anybody, and he can't hit. Lemonis & staff just hasn't recruited adequately. Going to be ugly next year. Were going to be hoping to squeeze into a regional this year unless we get rolling (we could).
    Unless we get some big transfers which Lemonis hasn't been able to do. That being said we missed the SEC tournament twice which didn't help us recruit. It's possible to get an improved roster but I'm not holding my breath

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Unless we get some big transfers which Lemonis hasn't been able to do. That being said we missed the SEC tournament twice which didn't help us recruit. It's possible to get an improved roster but I'm not holding my breath
    Maybe with a good run thru the regional this year will help us in the portal. Last two years did us no favors.

Btw, good win last night, lets get another one today. Stephens is a Dude!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Last year 7.01, currently this year it's 4.35.
    Basically having Scott Foxhall on campus was like injecting AIDS into the baseball program

He probably even costed MSU the Todd Skenes transfer.

vCash
    I have always believed that as a coach on offense in baseball you do whatever your players do well. If they're more power hitters you play for the 3 run home run. If they're more speed oriented you do things to take advantage of that such as steal, hit and run, and bunt. You can absolutely cause a big inning by playing small ball. It's not about being "scared". That's all there really is to it.

It's not their fault that Highfill and Kohler got hurt. It's partially their fault that Hines won't adjust.

We don't know what next year will look like until after portal season ends.