Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I guess everyone forgot about baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I have been watching the Campbell game tonight v. NC State.
    Tied 7-7 in the 10th.
    Campbell is an excellent program. Struggle
    Some this year but year in and year out very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    They will lose in extra innings most likely. Ran out of their mid-week pitching late in the game it seems.
    Fun team to watch. They always bring the fight against the bigger schools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    They will lose in extra innings most likely. Ran out of their mid-week pitching late in the game it seems.
    Fun team to watch. They always bring the fight against the bigger schools.
    Yes they do. No one wants to play them in post season. Play hard too

vCash
    Pico looked good. I know it's alcorn but I was looking at stuff and command. His change up was excellent and I've never seen him throw harder. Perhaps he can help us(crossed fingers).
    Wish he could close.

Gut says no because that is a high pressure, high performance spot. Let him get some confidence..

vCash
    I'm by myself on an island with this opinion, but I would not touch Campbell when you have the Oregon State Coach suddenly without a revenue conference, they can't even afford a baseball team as a Mountain West team.

I would get everything from Corvallis and bring it to Starkville. Even their bus driver and Stats Kid. Everyone.

Oregon State scouts well, never slips, plays in Omaha, and has more titles than every SEC school not called LSU.

Campbell has switched conferences and now may not sniff regionals more than 2 times per decade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I'm by myself on an island with this opinion, but I would not touch Campbell when you have the Oregon State Coach suddenly without a revenue conference, they can't even afford a baseball team as a Mountain West team.

I would get everything from Corvallis and bring it to Starkville. Even their bus driver and Stats Kid. Everyone.

Oregon State scouts well, never slips, plays in Omaha, and has more titles than every SEC school not called LSU.

Campbell has switched conferences and now may not sniff regionals more than 2 times per decade
    I wouldn't say you're on an island. Oregon State is obviously several notches above Campbell and I'd definitely be interested in that deal.

vCash

Their coach is an Oregon State alum. He may be OK sticking it out there.

vCash

Will be interesting on what OSU coach does. But great point on trying to make a run for him.
    Campbell beat NC State 11-7 in 11 innings.
    Did not realize Campbell switched conferences. Currently 24-11 and 6-6 in conference. They will win 30+ this season.
    Last edited by Santiago; 04-17-2024 at 07:53 AM.

vCash
    Read in another thread that our RPI dropped 8 points after this win. At least Alcorn got a much needed pay check.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Read in another thread that our RPI dropped 8 points after this win. At least Alcorn got a much needed pay check.
    The thing about RPI is it's not just about who you play. It's also about who you beat who beats who beat you.

Typically I've found when there is a drop like that odds are someone like Austin Peay or Central Arkansas had a bad loss coincidentally when we played Alcorn. Or both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Their coach is an Oregon State alum. He may be OK sticking it out there.
    Oregon state pays 575 with PAC 12 welfare supplements. Without PAC money, they probably cant maintain that.

MSU can pay twice that.

Most likely OSU goes Indy in baseball and plays California teams like Fullerton, Pepperdine, and San Diego on week-day series.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 04-18-2024 at 08:33 AM.