Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not ranked in baseball America or d1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Idk, maybe. The only thing on our resume that looked tourney worthy was a winning sec record and being ranked. Now both of those are gone, and our rpi is even lower. I will admit to not knowing a whole lot about baseball tourney selection, so perhaps someone could give me an example of a team in our spot that made it.
    https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball...ict-teamsheets

Even Warren Nolan has us projected to 16-14 in the SEC. 14 SEC wins gets us in. Will we host? No those hopes likely sank Saturday night. But good lord we are very much in the Tourney right now.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    That is scary then. Because it is entirely possible he makes the tourney. I mean we were legitimately two more wins against A&M and probably one in Hoover from being last year. And we led one of those A&M games in the 9th. This team is considerably better than that team. If you wanted him fired Saturday then why would you not still want him fired then.
    Just so you know, I have absolutely nothing to base my opinion on other that a hunch

vCash
    it?s going to have to be a miraculous turnaround for Lemonis to make it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    it?s going to have to be a miraculous turnaround for Lemonis to make it.
    https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...f-64-april-10/

These posts kill me. Just 5 days ago we were projected comfortably in as a 2 seed. We have the worst team in the SEC coming in this weekend.

This team is going to make the NCAA Tourney unless it just implodes down the stretch

vCash
    Yes the path is still there to making the tournament, but we went from a position of looking to be squarely in the tournament to now our backs are against the wall and can't afford any more slip ups because we blew a series at FL and OM. This is the year for Lemonis to prove he still deserves to be the guy in charge and instead he's flirting with not even making the tournament for 3 years in a row.

I hope we win every game the rest of the season, but I'm not going to hold my breath. We are who we are at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...f-64-april-10/

This team is going to make the NCAA Tourney unless it just implodes down the stretch
    Well it started this past weekend.

vCash
    Before the season I said Lemonis needs to go unless we host, or we barely miss hosting.

During the season I graciously amended it to that we needed to be perceived as a top 25 team for Lemonis to stay.

I highly doubt he makes either metric at this point. I, like almost all of our fans, am ready to move on. Barring a surprise run to Omaha (which is where this team should be by talent), we need to make the change this offseason.

vCash
    I say no way he's gone if he makes tourney
    I would venture to guess it is 99 percent certain he stays if he makes a regional. Maybe higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    We aren't very good, but we could still sneak into the tournament. We've lost almost all our games that could have gone either way. I actually thought we were about to go on a run, but obviously that didn't happen. We just might find a way to win enough to be a bubble team then win a couple in the SEC tournament.

Regardless, barring a miracle deep run into postseason, it's time for a change.
    FIFY

vCash
    This is why we should have fired Lemo last year.

He missed HOOVER in year 4 and 5. To keep him is to say "we're giving you a chance to improve", which means if he does "improve" but is still not up to State standards, how do you fire him? You'd look less reasonable firing a guy after making a regional in year 6 vs firing a guy after missing Hoover again in year 5. The same coward that didn't pull the trigger last May will have to pull the trigger this May.

And note that Coach34 is trying to change the "goal" or "standard" if you will, into sweeping into a tourney. That is not the standard. That's fine in down years, but barely making a tourney is not a "success" unless we go on a run from there. We objectively have top 15 facilities/pay/fan support/history/nil and there's no reason to accept being say the the 38th best at large team as a "success".

vCash
    Let's wait and see if State can squeak by Alcorn tomorrow night before we crown them with a 3 Seed in Clemson's Regional.

vCash
    Big series against lowly Auburn team. I like our chances winning two, but I thought like that last weekend. We better bring the bats, limit walks and play defense like we can.

vCash
    Look, I am a believer that once you get into the post season, anybody could win it all. Look at OM 2 years ago. Hell look at us at the Tallahassee regional years back. We were a 2 seed back in 2017 in Hattiesburg so we have competed and done well without us hosting. Does it suck not to host? Hell yes!! We can make some noise even as a low seed, but this team is going to need to change a bunch of things in order for that to happen. I personally don't see it, but it could happen

vCash
    I didn’t predict us to win any road series this year because we don’t have the formula to do that, so I am not surprised we lost last weekend. We need to sweep this weekend because this is the only series I think we have a decent shot to do it being that Auburn is having a lot of problems this year. If we can sweep this weekend, win 2 out of 3 in the other 2 home series we will end 14-16. We need to beat Ole Miss in Jackson and then win one or two in the SEC tournament and if we do that I think we get in as a 3 seed. The problem is if we don’t do those things we are out unless we steal a game @vandy which is going to be really tough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I didn’t predict us to win any road series this year because we don’t have the formula to do that, so I am not surprised we lost last weekend. We need to sweep this weekend because this is the only series I think we have a decent shot to do it being that Auburn is having a lot of problems this year. If we can sweep this weekend, win 2 out of 3 in the other 2 home series we will end 14-16. We need to beat Ole Miss in Jackson and then win one or two in the SEC tournament and if we do that I think we get in as a 3 seed. The problem is if we don’t do those things we are out unless we steal a game @vandy which is going to be really tough
    Candy is 1 game better than us in the SEC at 8-7. Thinking they will sweep us is a little doomsday at this point

vCash
    Candy is 1 game better than us in the SEC at 8-7. Thinking they will sweep us is a little doomsday at this point
    They're 6-0 vs sec teams at home

vCash
    They're 6-0 vs sec teams at home
    and 2-7 on the road. But let's also point out those 2 teams at home were Auburn and Mizzou. Cmom Mane

vCash
    and 2-7 on the road. But let's also point out those 2 teams at home were Auburn and Mizzou. Cmom Mane
    Let's see if we can match them vs those 2 teams at home.

vCash
    Let's see if we can match them vs those 2 teams at home.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we exceed what Mizzou and Auburn did

vCash
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we exceed what Mizzou and Auburn did
    Don't look behind you. Lemonis is on a Ladder with Chain Saw in hand!