We fired it up last year and had it in full swing but got derailed because Lemonhead lucked into a series win at Alex Box. Should be no saving him this time.

1. Justin Haire- HC at Campbell. Not having a great year, by their standards, this year but 5 regionals in 6 years (missed 2020 because of COVID). He would be my first call.

2. Chris Pollard- HC at Duke. Actually has his masters from Mississippi State so he is an alumni as well. Never played here though. Has Duke rolling this year and has made 3 Supers in 5 years at Duke. Was solid at App State before that.

3. Tom Walter- HC at Wake Forest. Built an absolute monster at Wake and if he brought Muscara with him he might supplant Haire as my number 1 choice. Also knows how to use the portal well.

4. Nick Mingione- Needs no intro. We know all about him. Has steadily built Kentucky into a steady program and they are having a great year.

5. Butch Thompson- Same as Mingione but more success.

6. Dan Heefner- HC at DBU. He will not leave DBU and I honestly am not sold on him. I think he has to be at the right program and I do not think we are that.

7. Elliot Avent- HC at NC State and has long coveted our job. Age may be an issue with him.

8. Nate Thompson- Hitting coach and recruiting coordinator at Arkansas. If we are to go the asst route, and I do not believe we should, this needs to be the only guy we contact. Has been with DVH for a long time and we know all too well how well Arkansas hits the baseball.