Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Head Coaching Hot Board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Will Clark had fire and cussed but I never saw him stand over someone who had slid back into 1st and knee them a couple of times while their trying to get up. That was being a punk.

I also never saw Will throw his bat a mile in the air after hitting his only HR this far into the season while he's only batting .250 either. I really wasn't bothered too much by last night tho, just thought for such an average player he might wanna rein it in some. It would be nice if he could throw someone out at 2nd too.

Were you that pissed when Mac hit his HR against Stanford and pimped it like he did? Or how about with LoTan would blow kisses or wave after throwing someone out? Or did you not care because we were winning and it looked cool?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Were you that pissed when Mac hit his HR against Stanford and pimped it like he did? Or how about with LoTan would blow kisses or wave after throwing someone out? Or did you not care because we were winning and it looked cool?
    I think you know the answer to this. Weird how it is passion when you are winning but it is trashy when you are losing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    I'll never forget Mac's home run against Stanford. I still watch the YouTube video all the time. It was beautiful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think you know the answer to this. Weird how it is passion when you are winning but it is trashy when you are losing.
    This. Very weird indeed.

vCash
    I wish we had a whole damn team full of Longs! I want that swag back. Right now, we look like a bunch of 90 year old men playing baseball…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I wish we had a whole damn team full of Longs! I want that swag back. Right now, we look like a bunch of 90 year old men playing baseball…
    There is playing with emotion and playing emotionally. Long tiptoes that line and tends to toe it more on the playing emotionally side. It also helps when you can back the bravado up. Two straight weekends Long has been the catalyst for giving the other team a Saturday night victory. He got the entire team kicked out two weeks ago and this Saturday pissed off the other team to the point of getting their coach fired up and their team back in it. I like the fire, but he does not know how to control it. There is a great quote from Cus D’Amato regarding emotion. It applies. Emotions are like fire, control them and they keep your house warm. Let them get out of control and they burn your house down.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 04-15-2024 at 11:44 AM.

vCash
    Saturday night we lost because our freshman pitcher couldn't throw strikes or make a throw to second to turn a double play after walking first hitter. Om didn't win because they were fired up they won because we couldn't throw strikes or turn a routine double play. It's not like they hit bullets everywhere to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Saturday night we lost because our freshman pitcher couldn't throw strikes or make a throw to second to turn a double play after walking first hitter. Om didn't win because they were fired up they won because we couldn't throw strikes or turn a routine double play. It's not like they hit bullets everywhere to win.
    True. But Long’s antics did not help. His celebration caused Bianco to flip out and get tossed. That alone may have fired them up enough to get through the inning and then our pitching sealed it for them. But, we had plenty of chances to win that. We never should have went to extras and Hines HR in the 10th should have sealed it.

vCash
    True. But Long’s antics did not help. His celebration caused Bianco to flip out and get tossed. That alone may have fired them up enough to get through the inning and then our pitching sealed it for them. But, we had plenty of chances to win that. We never should have went to extras and Hines HR in the 10th should have sealed it.
    Usually when you're fired up you hit the ball hard. Not be patient and stand there and walk.

vCash
    The Long thing from Saturday is being overblown. The week before against uga yeah he screwed up. But Saturday night that didn't change anything, we couldn't throw a strike or turn a double play in the bottom of the inning. We make the plays there and it doesn't matter. They didn't come out breathing fire or hitting bullets they walked because we weren't even close to the plate. Besides that kind of stuff goes on every day at every level. Heck I watched ozuna hit a 3 run homer in top 9 yesterday to give Braves a lead and he literally carried the bat all the way to first and took 30 seconds to go around the bases and do a basketball celebration with the third base coach. It fired up the marlins so much they went diwn 1-2-3 in 9th. You are right that the game should've been over in regulation and then again after 10 but we botched that by not throwing strikes and Larry booting the game winning out. Last 2 years every one said we didn't have anyone that cared or has any swag to them. Now I guess it's too much swag, lol. Our most serious problem is no closer. If we had a closer we have at least 6 more wins but we don't and that's because we've failed getting one or developing one. This could've been a very good season and a reboot but we've let it bleed away and it's a shame because this year has potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Usually when you're fired up you hit the ball hard. Not be patient and stand there and walk.
    Lol see the post I just made. Completely agree. WE lost this game and gave it away.

vCash
    Also, no I did not add Vitello because he is not coming. Same for Link Jarrett, Tim Corbin, Tim Tadlock, Dan McDonnell, or whatever other pipe dream candidates people throw out there. We had our chance to hire Vitello in 18 and did not even interview him.
    Cohen's mouth wrote a check during the season he couldn't cash. Bragging on radio shows , about having a coach lined up with multiple CWS appearances.
    He should have been looking at Vitello instead of Lemonis. Virtually the same argument of going to the CWS as an assistant.

Man that guy was an idiot as AD.

vCash
    I do not think it gets past 1 on my list. There is a reason Haire did not take the Bama job last year or the jobs he was offered after 22. He has been waiting for our job to open. We had boosters reaching out last year to gauge his interest before the LSU series.
    Was Haire approached about the Bama job? I did not follow that search but seemed Byrne wasted little time hiring the Maryland coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I still say you throw a blank check at Vitello. Make him tel you no a couple times. Then you go hire Haire.
    How much of that salary will you donate? People act like we got "blank check" money in our program. Vitello makes 1.5 or so....which means we gonna have to double that to even have a chance to get him. If you want to make him the highest paid coach in college baseball- pony up
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Was Haire approached about the Bama job? I did not follow that search but seemed Byrne wasted little time hiring the Maryland coach.
    Backchannel stuff before the season ended. Remember, Bama fired their coach in April.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    How much of that salary will you donate? People act like we got "blank check" money in our program. Vitello makes 1.5 or so....which means we gonna have to double that to even have a chance to get him. If you want to make him the highest paid coach in college baseball- pony up
    As good as Vitello may be, and by the way Lemonis has more wins in Omaha than Vitello, you do not give any coach that has not won MULTIPLE national championships blank check money in a non revenue sport. And no, I am not saying Lemonis and Vitello are even remotely the same level.

vCash
    Also, no I did not add Vitello because he is not coming. Same for Link Jarrett, Tim Corbin, Tim Tadlock, Dan McDonnell, or whatever other pipe dream candidates people throw out there. We had our chance to hire Vitello in 18 and did not even interview him.
    Dan McDonnell might be fired soon anyway, he's an expensive, big-mouth mid-pack ACC coach for a basketball school. He has many past CWS appearances but no championship, lately he's missing NCAA regionals pretty regularly. Now Nick Mingione has UK rolling. I think DM takes the OM job if MB retires. Plus, McD is probably aware that Lemons' grip in Starkville is pretty weak. McD interviewed for Alabama last year.

vCash
    There is playing with emotion and playing emotionally. Long tiptoes that line and tends to toe it more on the playing emotionally side. It also helps when you can back the bravado up. Two straight weekends Long has been the catalyst for giving the other team a Saturday night victory. He got the entire team kicked out two weeks ago and this Saturday pissed off the other team to the point of getting their coach fired up and their team back in it. I like the fire, but he does not know how to control it. There is a great quote from Cus D’Amato regarding emotion. It applies. Emotions are like fire, control them and they keep your house warm. Let them get out of control and they burn your house down.
    If you have prime Dennis Eckersley or Mariano Rivera to close the bottom of the inning, you can celebrate like you won.

But given MSU's deep pen, you should quietly run the bases, murmuring Our Father's or Hail Mary's ... assuming he follows the true faith.

Catchers are supposed to be high IQ players. Long has a Rodman, Artest, Terrell Owen streak.

I'm ready for my abuse and reprimand for not backing him, fire away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    If you have prime Dennis Eckersley or Mariano Rivera to close the bottom of the inning, you can celebrate like you won.

But given MSU's deep pen, you should quietly run the bases, murmuring Our Father's or Hail Mary's ... assuming he follows the true faith.

Catchers are supposed to be high IQ players. Long has a Rodman, Artest, Terrell Owen streak.

I'm ready for my abuse and reprimand for not backing him, fire away.
    No I agree with you. I like the intensity but the bravado is a bit over the top when you are sucking and know that the game is far from over with our pen. Again, things always look better in a win. If we hold on in that one we are talking about how much he pissed their fans off pimping a go ahead homer.

vCash
    Yeah, nothing like a team full of players that bat .250 with no power, oh wait, nevermind............
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)