Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
There is playing with emotion and playing emotionally. Long tiptoes that line and tends to toe it more on the playing emotionally side. It also helps when you can back the bravado up. Two straight weekends Long has been the catalyst for giving the other team a Saturday night victory. He got the entire team kicked out two weeks ago and this Saturday pissed off the other team to the point of getting their coach fired up and their team back in it. I like the fire, but he does not know how to control it. There is a great quote from Cus D’Amato regarding emotion. It applies. Emotions are like fire, control them and they keep your house warm. Let them get out of control and they burn your house down.
If you have prime Dennis Eckersley or Mariano Rivera to close the bottom of the inning, you can celebrate like you won.

But given MSU's deep pen, you should quietly run the bases, murmuring Our Father's or Hail Mary's ... assuming he follows the true faith.

Catchers are supposed to be high IQ players. Long has a Rodman, Artest, Terrell Owen streak.

I'm ready for my abuse and reprimand for not backing him, fire away.