Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now or never for the baseball team

vCash

Now or never for the baseball team

Rpi is 45th, and we play a swac school this week, so that's going down. We have to win this game.

vCash
    I think that's 3-9

In 1-run losses.

This team can't win close games.

vCash
    We need new leadership desperately in the coaching department. We just need to know and understand a complete rebuild is in the cards and we will suffer through that a few years. Lemonis and his recruiting have made one of the best baseball programs in the country pedestrian, at best. We are coached and, far too often play, like a little league team. Head scratching line up moves, no adjustments in the batting order, constant base running mistakes, no closer 40 games into the season, and a smugness that says I am bigger than the program and everyone else can kick rocks sums up the frustration of this season. We all spend a lot of money, 4 chairback seats at DNF here for me and my family, to have to put up with what has become constant and regular frustration related to our baseball program. I am all for Parker staying, open the wallet, but Lemon, Cheese, and Geau need to GOOOO.

vCash
    Yep, our RPI is poor considering and I'm not sure how much ground we can make up. Truth is, LSU and UF aren't good. Factor that in with some bad ooc losses and upcoming games with Alcorn State and North Alabama and we've got trouble. Don't even think we're going to knock of Upig or Vandy on the road. We'll most certainly lose those series and be lucky if we're not swept. That leaves series with Bama, Mizzou and Auburn. We're probably looking at 13-14 SEC wins so we're teetering on the edge. Either way, I don't think it'll be enough to salvage Lemonis. All of these one run losses could the final straw that breaks the bucket.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Our tough SEC schedule start was a myth. Florida and LSU are bad. Ole miss is bad. Georgia is slap average at best like us. Alabama is better than we are at the moment. I have said it before, we are better. But when you are better than 13th place how good are you

vCash
    I made a thread after the last UGA game citing stats and saying we were the 8th-9th best team in the SEC. I got ROASTED for it.

But I dont know how anyone can say I'm wrong. Teams obviously better than us: Arky, A&M, Kentucky, TN, Vandy, and SC. That leaves 7th as the absolute best you can call us, but we are probably worse than Bama. Honestly, our series at Florida was a mirror image of the UGA series, we were just on the "Florida" side when we played UGA. So you can't honestly say we're better than both teams. It's probably a 3 way tie between us for 7th putting us in that 7-9 range.

The OM loss told us nothing new: Offense that scores but not as much as it should. Starting pitching but no bullpen and no closer. No 3rd starter due to Dohm injury. Elite defense. Holes in the lineup (but now the holes are Jordan and Hines lol).

Overall we're the same team we've always been. Got into the rankings because LSU and UF were top 10 when we played them. We're decent. Capable of playing at a top 15 level but also at a sub 30 level. Probably borderline ranked quality overall. Will likely finish 8th in the SEC but tournament will be in question because of a terrible OOC. Have a punchers chance at a Super if we do make a regional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I made a thread after the last UGA game citing stats and saying we were the 8th-9th best team in the SEC. I got ROASTED for it.

But I dont know how anyone can say I'm wrong. Teams obviously better than us: Arky, A&M, Kentucky, TN, Vandy, and SC. That leaves 7th as the absolute best you can call us, but we are probably worse than Bama. Honestly, our series at Florida was a mirror image of the UGA series, we were just on the "Florida" side when we played UGA. So you can't honestly say we're better than both teams. It's probably a 3 way tie between us for 7th putting us in that 7-9 range.

The OM loss told us nothing new: Offense that scores but not as much as it should. Starting pitching but no bullpen and no closer. No 3rd starter due to Dohm injury. Elite defense. Holes in the lineup (but now the holes are Jordan and Hines lol).

Overall we're the same team we've always been. Got into the rankings because LSU and UF were top 10 when we played them. We're decent. Capable of playing at a top 15 level but also at a sub 30 level. Probably borderline ranked quality overall. Will likely finish 8th in the SEC but tournament will be in question because of a terrible OOC. Have a punchers chance at a Super if we do make a regional.
    We got to get smoking hot to make a super and we can’t lose in a regional. Our pitching won’t hold up

vCash
    Well one thing about this team. Every time they've been challenged they've responded. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well one thing about this team. Every time they've been challenged they've responded. We'll see.
    Yes we will. I really wanted to sweep(and thought we could) to makeup for FL. Now, just don’t lose the series

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Yes we will. I really wanted to sweep(and thought we could) to makeup for FL. Now, just don’t lose the series
    Yep this is a big game.

vCash
    Not holding on to last night's potential win breathed life into the ole ms baseball program.

That's grounds for a change, even if it means losing Justin Parker as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Not holding on to last night's potential win breathed life into the ole ms baseball program.

That's grounds for a change, even if it means losing Justin Parker as well.
    No player or staff member is worth keeping lemonis. Lemonis was given the keys to a jaguar, and to his credit, he drove it well to start with. The problem is he couldn't do the upkeep, so now we have a jaguar with a bunch of dents, oil leak, and a clogged catalytic converter

vCash
    Barring a miracle we'll have a new coach next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No player or staff member is worth keeping lemonis. Lemonis was given the keys to a jaguar, and to his credit, he drove it well to start with. The problem is he couldn't do the upkeep, so now we have a jaguar with a bunch of dents, oil leak, and a clogged catalytic converter
    Lol now that's an analogy I've never heard before! At least the Braves pulled one out today!

vCash
    Now you've got "Lemonis Derangement Syndrome" lol

vCash
    Sometimes 24 we Bulldogs need to take off our maroon shade glasses.

vCash
    Now you've got "Lemonis Derangement Syndrome" lol
    Lol no just looking at facts. He needs a minor miracle to save his job. It's possible but it's slowly slipping away. I have said it since day one though and it's why I dint suffer so much angst, he either wins or we get a new coach. It's that's simple.

Eta I still like Lemonis and he has given us our only natty in any sport, but as in anything in life you have to keep producing or you're out. It's all simple to me. Produce or you fire yourself.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-14-2024 at 04:34 PM.

vCash
    Lol no just looking at facts. He needs a minor miracle to save his job. It's possible but it's slowly slipping away. I have said it since day one though and it's why I dint suffer so much angst, he either wins or we get a new coach. It's that's simple.

Eta I still like Lemonis and he has given us our only natty in any sport, but as in anything in life you have to keep producing or you're out. It's all simple to me. Produce or you fire yourself.
    No, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too. You're pretending like you've always had this Switzerland like neutral stance and left it at "he either wins or he's gone", but not 6 days ago you said this team was good, took issue with me saying we had roster holes, and said I had "Lemonis derangement syndrome" for saying we would finish the year 8th or 9th in the SEC.

You have been saying the team was good. You were wrong. That's fine, we all are sometimes. But you don't get to pretend now your stance has always been nothing more than "let's see if he wins"

vCash

This is my stance as well.

vCash
    No, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too. You're pretending like you've always had this Switzerland like neutral stance and left it at "he either wins or he's gone", but not 6 days ago you said this team was good, took issue with me saying we had roster holes, and said I had "Lemonis derangement syndrome" for saying we would finish the year 8th or 9th in the SEC.

You have been saying the team was good. You were wrong. That's fine, we all are sometimes. But you don't get to pretend now your stance has always been nothing more than "let's see if he wins"
    Well then you haven't read my posts since day one. Yes I've said it since day one that he had to win or he was gone and for weeks. Yes this team can be good and we've shown it, but the lack of a closer has hurt us. With a true closer we are exactly where we need to be. Ever team has holes in their lineup but you like most on here don't watch anyone but us so you don't know that. The lack of a closer has kept this team from winning 6-8 games. We've scored enough and had enough starting pitching to be much better than we are.