Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now or never for the baseball team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well then you haven't read my posts since day one. Yes I've said it since day one that he had to win or he was gone and for weeks. Yes this team can be good and we've shown it, but the lack of a closer has hurt us. With a true closer we are exactly where we need to be. Ever team has holes in their lineup but you like most on here don't watch anyone but us so you don't know that. The lack of a closer has kept this team from winning 6-8 games. We've scored enough and had enough starting pitching to be much better than we are.
    Ahh yes I figured you'd get defensive. You seem like a great guy and you know a ton more about baseball than me, but I've seen for years you can't admit when you're wrong.

You really want to say you haven't been calling this team good and bashing Lemo haters? Come one, you know you have. I could easily find many comments of yours doing so. Just admit you let your desire for this team to be good cloud your judgment on them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Ahh yes I figured you'd get defensive. You seem like a great guy and you know a ton more about baseball than me, but I've seen for years you can't admit when you're wrong.

You really want to say you haven't been calling this team good and bashing Lemo haters? Come one, you know you have. I could easily find many comments of yours doing so. Just admit you let your desire for this team to be good cloud your judgment on them
    Well then you dont know me very well because I've admitted when I'm wrong plenty of times. It's a simple fact if we had a closer this team would have at least 6 more wins, and everyone's happy. Now who's fault is it we don't have a closer? Lemonis obviously. This team had potential to be really good and still may be ok(but will wind up mediocre). And I never get worked up early in a baseball season because baseball can turn on a dime. And what's wrong with letting a season play out in any sport? I always do because I'm not young anymore and have learned patience. Me freaking out before the seasons over won't help anyways. I'm sorry if you don't agree on my thoughts or even if you don't care for me. I'm to old to care. I'm still letting the season play out even though our chances of success are slipping away.

vCash
    Well then you dont know me very well because I've admitted when I'm wrong plenty of times. It's a simple fact if we had a closer this team would have at least 6 more wins, and everyone's happy. Now who's fault is it we don't have a closer? Lemonis obviously. This team had potential to be really good and still may be ok(but will wind up mediocre). And I never get worked up early in a baseball season because baseball can turn on a dime. And what's wrong with letting a season play out in any sport? I always do because I'm not young anymore and have learned patience. Me freaking out before the seasons over won't help anyways. I'm sorry if you don't agree on my thoughts or even if you don't care for me. I'm to old to care. I'm still letting the season play out even though our chances of success are slipping away.
    I agree with letting the season play out, I'm not a big "fire him now!" guy. I actually like you quite a bit and enjoy your optimistic posts to balance the general trend of negativity. But you also too prideful to admit the team isn't as good as you've been acting like

EDIT: C34 has a lot more to answer for, don't think I"m just picking on you lol

vCash
    I agree with letting the season play out, I'm not a big "fire him now!" guy. I actually like you quite a bit and enjoy your optimistic posts to balance the general trend of negativity. But you also too prideful to admit the team isn't as good as you've been acting like
    I think this is where you and I have a little miscommunication. Let me explain. I think this team is good, not great or elite. Being 8th or 9th in the sec is a good team and those teams generally make postseason play. I never thought we were a great team this year but a solid good team. I thought this team had a chance to make a regional(and still could), that would make a good not great season. We were certainly not gonna be elite this year but we've had a chance to be better than our record right now. I wish we could speak in person so I could really explain this better to you. Baseball is a hard sport and the difference between being good and great is a thin line. We've haven't been clutch enough to cross the line. It's just the way I view baseball. There's elite, good, mediocre and bad teams. We're good but look to be trending to mediocre. Next weekend will definitely tell the tale of the rest of the year.

vCash

EDIT: C34 has a lot more to answer for, don't think I"m just picking on you lol
    Ah dude you don't have to worry about picking on me. We're good.

Heck my wife even get pissed at me sometimes lol!

vCash
    I think this is where you and I have a little miscommunication. Let me explain. I think this team is good, not great or elite. Being 8th or 9th in the sec is a good team and those teams generally make postseason play. I never thought we were a great team this year but a solid good team. I thought this team had a chance to make a regional(and still could), that would make a good not great season. We were certainly not gonna be elite this year but we've had a chance to be better than our record right now. I wish we could speak in person so I could really explain this better to you. Baseball is a hard sport and the difference between being good and great is a thin line. We've haven't been clutch enough to cross the line. It's just the way I view baseball. There's elite, good, mediocre and bad teams. We're good but look to be trending to mediocre. Next weekend will definitely tell the tale of the rest of the year.
    OK, I misinterpreted your comments in other threads and I apologize. I think you probably think the team is a little better than I do, but we're on the same page. I retract my previous statements lol

vCash
    OK, I misinterpreted your comments in other threads and I apologize. I think you probably think the team is a little better than I do, but we're on the same page. I retract my previous statements lol
    No reason to retract it or apologize, my man. It's hard sometimes to express thing's adequately in text or writing as opposed to speaking with someone because not enough interaction. I'm just not much of a writer, I'm more into face to face interactions so I probably don't do a great job expressing myself on here. I also did think at some point we'd figure out a way to close out games but that looks like it's a lost cause. Just have to pray we get a big lead and hold onto our behinds til the last out. I hate hypotheticals but if Landon Sims was the closer we'd be too 15 right now. I believe me and you could get along but we'd probably have some amiable disagreements lol!

vCash

This points directly to........

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I think that's 3-9

In 1-run losses.

This team can't win close games.
    no closer. We have nobody that can close a game. We almost have to run rule teams in order to survive the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings after the starter exits. No closer also means not going deep into regional play. If we do go to a regional, I would expect a "2 and see you".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    no closer. We have nobody that can close a game. We almost have to run rule teams in order to survive the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings after the starter exits. No closer also means not going deep into regional play. If we do go to a regional, I would expect a "2 and see you".
    Biggest hurt of the year. No closer.

vCash
    With a true closer we are exactly where we need to be.
    This sums it up. It is true there is no team without at least a couple of holes to be their best. But give us just an adequate closer and we are sitting pretty even with all the other holes we have. Does not even have to be a Landon Sims. Just a solid D1 closer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    This sums it up. It is true there is no team without at least a couple of holes to be their best. But give us just an adequate closer and we are sitting pretty even with all the other holes we have. Does not even have to be a Landon Sims. Just a solid D1 closer.
    Yep and that's what makes it so painful. Will wind up a season of wasted opportunities.

vCash
    Yep and that's what makes it so painful. Will wind up a season of wasted opportunities.
    It?s lack of recruiting your needs. How can a Team go 3 years without a closer or 2?

I?m so disappointed in Lemonis decision making or lack of it. We are 22-14, 3-9 in one loss games, 7-8 in Sec games which we are tied with 3 other Sec teams. Auburn is worse team left on our Sec schedule.

Btw, I was so disgusted with the way we lost last night that I didn?t watch the game today. I bet I?ve seen most games played by most on ED since 1970, been a loyal die heart baseball fan. I do not like what I have been seeing for 2 1/2 years. We got problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    It?s lack of recruiting your needs. How can a Team go 3 years without a closer or 2?

I?m so disappointed in Lemonis decision making or lack of it. We are 22-14, 3-9 in one loss games, 7-8 in Sec games which we are tied with 3 other Sec teams. Auburn is worse team left on our Sec schedule.

Btw, I was so disgusted with the way we lost last night that I didn?t watch the game today. I bet I?ve seen most games played by most on ED since 1970, been a loyal die heart baseball fan. I do not like what I have been seeing for 2 1/2 years. We got problems.
    Can't argue. I turned the game off today in the second inning and turned to the Braves. I haven't done that before but just couldn't take anymore of it today. Last night was probably the final nail. We had a chance to have a pretty good season this year but not having a closer has ruined it and it's gotta be frustrating for the rest of the team to work hard to get the lead and then watch it vanish.

vCash
    Can't argue. I turned the game off today in the second inning and turned to the Braves. I haven't done that before but just couldn't take anymore of it today. Last night was probably the final nail. We had a chance to have a pretty good season this year but not having a closer has ruined it and it's gotta be frustrating for the rest of the team to work hard to get the lead and then watch it vanish.
    24, I'm right there with u, last night just completely turned me off. I couldn't believe how we handled the pitching after we went up 7-3. And explain our DH situation last night. Left on left, again? I suppose we just don't have enough talent. What a black hole we have with closers and DH.
    I thought before Saturday Lemonis had "righted the ship" but he showed his bucket side again.

vCash
    24, I'm right there with u, last night just completely turned me off. I couldn't believe how we handled the pitching after we went up 7-3. And explain our DH situation last night. Left on left, again? I suppose we just don't have enough talent. What a black hole we have with closers and DH.
    I thought before Saturday Lemonis had "righted the ship" but he showed his bucket side again.
    Heartbreaking. We've let what could've been a very good season bleed away. I thought we'd "found it" again too. Hardin pitches one dominant inning Friday night and we never see him again? Why didn't we let him try to close out one of the 3 times we had the lead last night and at least see what happens. And why not leave downs in at dh last night. If we have just an average d1 closer we're right there but alas no. Some things are just hard to explain. And I really can't stand watching us lose those bozos up north. Sad

vCash
    Heartbreaking. We've let what could've been a very good season bleed away. I thought we'd "found it" again too. Hardin pitches one dominant inning Friday night and we never see him again? Why didn't we let him try to close out one of the 3 times we had the lead last night and at least see what happens. And why not leave downs in at dh last night. If we have just an average d1 closer we're right there but alas no. Some things are just hard to explain. And I really can't stand watching us lose those bozos up north. Sad
    I really like the Steven's kid, I don't think we have done a good job of handling his situation. I think he can hit, I also think he can pitch. He has potential, I wonder if he sticks around next season. JMO.
    Last edited by basedog; 04-14-2024 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    Biggest hurt of the year. No closer.
    The thing is Tyson Hardin is sitting there in the bullpen with I think it's up to 14 scoreless innings pitched now. He threw 12 pitches this weekend. Why hasn't he gotten a shot? And why didn't he pitch the 12th last night?

Lemonis is doing this to himself.

vCash
    I really like the Steven's kid, I don't think we have done a good job of handling his situation. I think he can hit, I also think he can pitch. He is going with potential, I wonder if he sticks around next season. JMO.
    Hard to find a place that treats college baseball like MSU does. Even in the SEC.

I can't really think of us losing a true potential All-American type since the portal started. Maybe Graham Ashcraft but he had injuries and ended up at UAB plus we had a lot of really good options at that time too.

We were able to get Dakota Jordan back last year and that's probably the closest we've come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The thing is Tyson Hardin is sitting there in the bullpen with I think it's up to 14 scoreless innings pitched now. He threw 12 pitches this weekend. Why hasn't he gotten a shot? And why didn't he pitch the 12th last night?

Lemonis is doing this to himself.
    I agree see my above post about Hardin. Inexcusable not to even give him a shot to close it last night, heck we gave everyone else a shot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Hard to find a place that treats college baseball like MSU does. Even in the SEC.

I can't really think of us losing a true potential All-American type since the portal started. Maybe Graham Ashcraft but he had injuries and ended up at UAB plus we had a lot of really good options at that time too.

We were able to get Dakota Jordan back last year and that's probably the closest we've come.
    No reason why he hasn't at least been our dh against right handed pitchers.