Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We've got a bullpen full of puss**s

vCash
    Schuelke was pitching good until the ump decided the strike zone was only mid thigh high and right down the center of the plate. He threw about 10 or 12 pitches that were strikes and called balls. It was a lot of pitches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He hit a home run. I'm fine with his emotions.
    He is overboard with his emotions. Last week was BS and last night was too much. It's not like he had hit a walk off HR. Last week if I were coaching I would have let him know real quick what he did after the play at the plate was BS and it better not happen again or he would sit ... even if the ump hadn't thrown him out.

I've seen many a catcher where the runner barreled him over trying to knock the ball out of his hand that didn't react like that. I've done that myself.

ETA: And the play last week the runner was diving head first and trying to go around the tag, not intentionally trying to run over Long.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 04-14-2024 at 10:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    You called Nolan Stevens the best player in the country a month ago. Sit the next few conversations out.
    LOL.
    Even tho you wrong about the Preacher (in this particular case) ... you right about some on here. One game someone is the best in the country and gonna be a superstar, the next game he's dogshit, has no talent, and the coach can't recruit.

ETA: That applies to all our sports teams' players/coaches.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 04-14-2024 at 10:29 AM.

vCash
    It?s obvious guys. You dont win when you make that many errors and strikeout that many times against a shit pitcher.

We do not have a killer bullpen arm. We do not have a 3rd baseman again. We are improved but not as good as we should be. These things are on Lemon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    He is overboard with his emotions. Last week was BS and last night was too much. It's not like he had hit a walk off HR. Last week if I were coaching I would have let him know real quick what he did after the play at the plate was BS and it better not happen again or he would sit ... even if the ump hadn't thrown him out.
    I've seen many a catcher where the runner barreled him over trying to knock the ball out of his hand that didn't react like that. I've done that myself.
    The other team doesn't want him reacting- don't serve up a bomb.

vCash
    Or get thrown out at home, I guess

vCash
    I'm pretty sure I noticed no one from our bench was out there to congratulate him. That made me wonder why??
    I also thought last night something is eating at him inside, that ain't baseball related. If what has been posted on this board is only half true, then I'm probably right about that.

Could be a lot of things and I'm not saying he's a bad kid but he may have some issues he's dealing with outside of baseball.

vCash
    He hit a home run. I'm fine with his emotions.
    I'm not fine with his emotions. You don't carry the bat almost to first base and then toss it over your head not knowing where it lands, and then stomp on home plate and beat your chest towards the Ole Miss dugout. I don't blame Bianco for getting fired up and demanding Long be tossed out. Lemonis needs to tell Long he has to control himself or he's not going to play.

vCash

ETA: And the play last week the runner was diving head first and trying to go around the tag, not intentionally trying to run over Long.
    The only thing overboard was Bianco acting like a bitch about it. Apparently the umpire agreed with me too. Because believe me if they had a chance to nail Long they would have.

That and the fact we lost makes it "worse" for the Pearl clutchers. Because had we won this is a nothing burger.

And how many times has Ole Miss had a hitter bat flip and act emotional? A lot. Bianco and Ole Miss just hate it when MSU does something good to them and shows emotion because they can't handle defeat because they're a bunch of entitled spoiled assholes who want all of the attention. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I'm not fine with his emotions. You don't carry the bat almost to first base and then toss it over your head not knowing where it lands, and then stomp on home plate and beat your chest towards the Ole Miss dugout. I don't blame Bianco for getting fired up and demanding Long be tossed out. Lemonis needs to tell Long he has to control himself or he's not going to play.
    So what's the difference between Long and MacNamee? We won the game with MacNamee that's it.

Again- you don't want our players celebrating then get them out.

vCash
    The only thing overboard was Bianco acting like a bitch about it. Apparently the umpire agreed with me too. Because believe me if they had a chance to nail Long they would have.

That and the fact we lost makes it "worse" for the Pearl clutchers. Because had we won this is a nothing burger.

And how many times has Ole Miss had a hitter bat flip and act emotional? A lot. Bianco and Ole Miss just hate it when MSU does something good to them and shows emotion because they can't handle defeat because they're a bunch of entitled spoiled assholes who want all of the attention. Period.
    This ^^^^^ Especially that last sentence!

vCash
    Players, coaches, or umpire changing strike zone. I think all 3 played a big part in this loss. But, if I have to choose only one, I blame the pitching coach for not replacing Schuelke a lot sooner. Henderson would probably have pulled him after the first walk. Maybe Sundays game will be better.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure I noticed no one from our bench was out there to congratulate him. That made me wonder why??
    I also thought last night something is eating at him inside, that ain't baseball related. If what has been posted on this board is only half true, then I'm probably right about that.

Could be a lot of things and I'm not saying he's a bad kid but he may have some issues he's dealing with outside of baseball.
    WTF? Yeah. Everyone on the team has a problem with the guy. That's why they were out full force on Twitter supporting him after he got suspended for Georgia.

The only reason the announcers said anything was because of Georgia which is because the SEC botched it.

Guy hits a home run to put us up in extra innings and because Ole Miss's coach got his panties in a wad and our coach can't pull a pitcher for walking the house and pitcher shit his diaper we want to analyze our catchers outside personal life? Really?

vCash
    WTF? Yeah. Everyone on the team has a problem with the guy. That's why they were out full force on Twitter supporting him after he got suspended for Georgia.

The only reason the announcers said anything was because of Georgia which is because the SEC botched it.

Guy hits a home run to put us up in extra innings and because Ole Miss's coach got his panties in a wad and our coach can't pull a pitcher for walking the house and pitcher shit his diaper we want to analyze our catchers outside personal life? Really?
    The players love Long. As Lemonis said last week they were yelling free Johnny all day last Sunday. See the reaction in the bullpen after he hit the home run last night? They went crazy and they did their usual jump celebration at the dugout after the hr. Heck last year people were complaining because we didn't have players like Long! Can't have it both ways! Did anyone notice om starting pitchers gyrations after he struck out a hitter. Good grief what Long did happens at every level of baseball every single day. If om don't like do what they used to do in the old days. Just drill a hitter and move on with it. My goodness all I heard the last 2 years was we have no dirtbags or scrappy players that play with emotion.

vCash
    So what's the difference between Long and MacNamee? We won the game with MacNamee that's it.

Again- you don't want our players celebrating then get them out.
    IMO, there is a significant difference between celebrating and being a horse's a..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    IMO, there is a significant difference between celebrating and being a horse's a..
    And you can't forget his antics last Saturday. You would think he would be more in control

vCash
    I just love how a bunch of people were excited about fridays game and how we practically saved our bullpen while also forgetting our bullpen is like hot runny shite from a Ward?s double bacon cheeseburger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I just love how a bunch of people were excited about fridays game and how we practically saved our bullpen while also forgetting our bullpen is like hot runny shite from a Ward?s double bacon cheeseburger
    There's a pleasant mental picture lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Thank you. I?ll never try Wards now

But I?ll take up for Schuelke a bit. He got screwed multiple times by the ump. And a much as we thought Ligon was going to walk the yard, he made the winning pitch till our 2B crapped his pants(choked).
    Last edited by Bdawg; 04-14-2024 at 01:06 PM.

vCash
    I'm not reading all of these post so if someone has already said it I don't care.... Correction to the title... We have a TEAM full of pussies.