Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: We hate Ole Miss - Game 2 thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    All I see is you rooting for us to lose, which you are doing. I understand the frustration, but tomorrow is a new day. If we win awesome and if we lose it is not the end of the damn world. People are paid a bunch of money to make the decision on Lemonis. When the time comes that decision will be made.
    Lemonis has lowered the bar. A 2-seed is acceptable now bc lemonis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lemonis did the same crap last Friday vs a lhp. I called out his nonsense, and I was told that McKenzie is a reverse splits guy. Ha ha ha... McKenzie is a lemonis recruit that can't hit lhp or rhp. Lemonis is a trash coach that rode a great team to a natty like Larry Coker and the clown at Auburn
    We don't have access to scouting reports so I typically refrain making criticisms about moves like that because the reverse splits thing was likely true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Mershon
    DJ
    Hujsak
    Hines
    Then I don’t really care after that
    Edit: that may be too high for Hines too
    A good lineup. I too would probably kick Hines down. Obviously struggling. May move him to 6 or 7.

Mershon
    DJ
    Hujsak
    Downs
    Chance
    Hines
    Long
    Larry
    3B

At least how I would roll a lineup out for tomorrow

vCash
    Then stop supporting Mississippi State athletics. If you are rooting for your team to lose then find a new GD team. I do not give a rats ass who the coach is or who is playing. I will root for State. Always will. And this is coming from someone who wanted Lemonis fired after 22.
    He should have been. Do you think a good coach would be clinking along making bad decision after bad decision?

I could see Ole Miss putting Bianco out to pasture if he doesn't get them turned around this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We don't have access to scouting reports so I typically refrain making criticisms about moves like that because the reverse splits thing was likely true.
    If it were true, McKenzie woulda got the start tonight. It isn't true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    He should have been. Do you think a good coach would be clinking along making bad decision after bad decision?

I could see Ole Miss putting Bianco out to pasture if he doesn't get them turned around this year.
    Again, I wanted Lemonis gone in 2022. So to tell me he should have been fired is preaching to the choir. But he is what we have at this point so it is either support what we got, which I have done through multiple shitty coaching tenures, or go against every fiber in my being and root against us.

vCash
    Who is saying that is the bar? Am I saying that? Are you saying that? No one is saying that except maybe Lemonis. Again, the decision will be made at the end of the year on his coaching future. I do believe that a 2 seed will save him because I do not think Selmon cares about baseball, and since it is not a revenue producing sport I cannot really blame him. When baseball can give him an 8 figure check every year then he will start caring a lot more.

Banned
    vCash
    Nolan Stevens, Mikhai Grant, Dylan Cupp, and Highfill are not a bad nucleus to build around. You also will have Chance coming back as well as Downs. I mean if you fire Lemonis who is going to turn it around? All those kids will leave and you are in an even worse situation. It is a double edged sword.
    I can promise you all of those will not leave if Lemonis is fired. Not to mention the new coach will bring in several transfers. Next year is gonna suck either way. So how?s the time to start over

vCash
    It's a moot point anyway bc once we drop out of the rankings, we aren't making the tourney. That number by our name is the only thing saving our resume. We have a trash rpi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I can promise you all of those will not leave if Lemonis is fired. Not to mention the new coach will bring in several transfers. Next year is gonna suck either way. So how?s the time to start over
    Maybe you are right. We think every coach is always going to bring in transfers and in baseball transfers are even more of a crapshoot than the other sports. I do agree that next year is a down year though. Like I said, I am not arguing with anyone Lemonis should be fired. I have wanted him fired for two years.

Banned
    vCash
    And In a ?good year? none the less. Smh. It?s pathetic

vCash
    Again, I wanted Lemonis gone in 2022. So to tell me he should have been fired is preaching to the choir. But he is what we have at this point so it is either support what we got, which I have done through multiple shitty coaching tenures, or go against every fiber in my being and root against us.
    Oh, I will never root against State. But I'm damn sure gonna bitch about the bucket boy still being the coach unless he gets State to host and in a Super Regional. His crappy recruiting and worse decision making has earned him a plank walk if he doesn't!

I think 15-15 is a fair expectation and should mean a Top 16 spot unless he loses all his midweek games rest of the way. I fear he is going to need that UAB game with 2 of our remaining midweeks against Alcorn and North Alabama. We have 4 total midweeks left if we don't make up UAB. Tomorrow is a must win for Lemonis. Maybe not in the grand scheme of things but to the majority of the Fanbase, tomorrow just became a Must Win!

vCash
    #45 in rpi. Only lsu and Missouri are worse.

vCash
    Who is saying that is the bar? Am I saying that? Are you saying that? No one is saying that except maybe Lemonis. Again, the decision will be made at the end of the year on his coaching future. I do believe that a 2 seed will save him because I do not think Selmon cares about baseball, and since it is not a revenue producing sport I cannot really blame him. When baseball can give him an 8 figure check every year then he will start caring a lot more.
    We'll see what the baseball shareholders have to say and how they feel. We're going to just have to let it play out regardless obviously.

We're better but Lemonis is on the hot seat and I don't know that he has done enough to earn goodwill at this point. It's like win a series and then lose to Central Arkansas. Dominate Ole Miss on Friday and then come out and WTF on Saturday.

vCash
    Oh, I will never root against State. But I'm damn sure gonna bitch about the bucket boy still being the coach unless he gets State to host and in a Super Regional. His crappy recruiting and worse decision making has earned him a plank walk if he doesn't!

I think 15-15 is a fair expectation and should mean a Top 16 spot unless he loses all his midweek games rest of the way. I fear he is going to need that UAB game with 2 of our remaining midweeks against Alcorn and North Alabama. We have 4 total midweeks left if we don't make up UAB. Tomorrow is a must win for Lemonis. Maybe not in the grand scheme of things but to the majority of the Fanbase, tomorrow just became a Must Win!
    We're not playing UAB. That game got cancelled. And Alcorn and North Alabama might be cancelled too. North Alabama certainly will. We'll probably play Alcorn because they're an in state school.

vCash

It is a must win because it is the next one. We need to get over this obsession with Ole Miss. They are our rival, but that is it. Some of our fans have a downright unhealthy obsession with everything they do. If they beat us tomorrow then oh well. We had plenty of chances tonight to take care of business. Tomorrow does not need to be treated any differently than a Sunday against any other team.

vCash
    #45 in rpi. Only lsu and Missouri are worse.
    That's sort of what I'm saying. We could win like 13-14 SEC games and get left out. But win/loss wise that isn't an embarrassing season. But if we miss a regional I don't think we bring him back regardless.

vCash
    Well Selmon better figure it out quick or he will be a short timer too. As good as it is making the NCAA basketball tourney, basketball still sucks at MSU. Women's basketball crashed and burned essentially 3 of the last 4 years. Football is a 7-5 at best program into perpetuity now that Okla and Texas are in the league. So Baseball better get right real quick or Selmon's tenure will be a short one.

vCash
    It is a must win because it is the next one. We need to get over this obsession with Ole Miss. They are our rival, but that is it. Some of our fans have a downright unhealthy obsession with everything they do. If they beat us tomorrow then oh well. We had plenty of chances tonight to take care of business. Tomorrow does not need to be treated any differently than a Sunday against any other team.
    It really is kind of a must win regardless for us anyway. Same as it would be with any other SEC team. We just have to hope that we pull Siary when he is tired.

vCash
    Well Selmon better figure it out quick or he will be a short timer too. As good as it is making the NCAA basketball tourney, basketball still sucks at MSU. Women's basketball crashed and burned essentially 3 of the last 4 years. Football is a 7-5 at best program into perpetuity now that Okla and Texas are in the league. So Baseball better get right real quick or Selmon's tenure will be a short one.
    Based on some of the names in the right field boxes I think Selmon will get the idea.