I watched UConn destroy Purdue and some others. After watching them play, I compared them to the great Bobby Knight teams in the 70's. The 76 Indiana team was unbeaten and may have been the best coached team with fundamentals and precise offense I ever saw. I was a young basketball Coach back then and I use to travel all over the country during the summer and coach at summer basketball camps at different Universities. Two things I learned was the run and jump defense and the motion offense. This is what the great Bobby Knight taught and his teams ran (as did North Carolina, Tn and many other schools). I had a retired HOF Mississippi High School coach give me tickets and ride with him to Baton Rouge to see the south regional games with Indiana playing. They beat a good Bama and Marquette team to advance to the final four. We sat behind the Indiana bench, watching Bobby Knight with his famous coat and tie attire Coach and manage was inspiring. I do think they were along with the great UCLA teams in the 60's and early 70's were the greatest teams ever. But I would add the UConn run is right up there, so well Coached and fundamentally sound. Hurley is a great Coach no doubt. It will be interested to me seeing what they do next year as they go for 3 in a row. I think it's a long shot but I will be watching them closely next year.

Hard to beat the Ncaa basketball tournament for all sports, so much excitement and upsets.