Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was Cheese doing to let the fiasco happen

vCash

What was Cheese doing to let the fiasco happen

how did he let Hisack just walk into an out. Could He not tell Him to get his ass back on third. Makes me wonder why even have a third base coach.

vCash
    Hugesak thought for whatever reason the bases were loaded and he was headed home after Ball 4. Cheese called him back and the throw beat him. Had Cheese not called him back he would have kept on going

Cheese aint perfect in the coaching box but that was on Hugesak all the way
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Hugesak thought for whatever reason the bases were loaded and he was headed home after Ball 4. Cheese called him back and the throw beat him. Had Cheese not called him back he would have kept on going

This, not on cheese. I've seen this kind of thing happen at all levels too. No excuse for it but it does happen, humans after all do make mistakes, lol.

vCash
    You could say Cheese should have been paying better attention, but in his defense, who in their right mind would even think Hujsak would do that.

vCash
    If you watch the replay Hujsak started back toward the bag and I'm sure Cheese thought he was coming back then he did a 180 and started toward the play, you see Cheese gesturing and yelling for him to get back. This was all on Hujsak and he knows it. I love the way Hujsak plays the game but he screwed up there. Happens to the best. I saw Mickey Mantle take off on a pop fly because he thought there were 2 outs and he got doubled up.

vCash
    Hmmmm, the 3rd base coach should always tell the runner the situation and explain the "what ifs". Sure, Hujsak is responsible for his mistake, but Cheese should have been more alert also. I wondered what Cheese was doing or not doing when the play accrued. Actually, i think it's more 50-50.

Btw, our base running situation needs to get corrected. Hasn't been as bad lately but it has caused issues in the past, just saying so don't hate on me. I like winning and coaching guys up. LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Hmmmm, the 3rd base coach should always tell the runner the situation and explain the "what ifs". Sure, Hujsak is responsible for his mistake, but Cheese should have been more alert also. I wondered what Cheese was doing or not doing when the play accrued. Actually, i think it's more 50-50.

Btw, our base running situation needs to get corrected. Hasn't been as bad lately but it has caused issues in the past, just saying so don't hate on me. I like winning and coaching guys up. LOL.
    Base, I normally agree with you but as someone who coached third base for a long time, I can assure you, that you can remind a runner of everything and be screaming at them and watch them still do something like what Hujsak did. General rule is if a coach has to yell at you, it's to late. Now I do agree our baserunning has been interesting to say the least, but that was just a brain cramp by Hujsak. Watch the replay he started coming back to third on ball 4 and then made a 180 and headed to the plate, it was to late for cheese to do anything at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Base, I normally agree with you but as someone who coached third base for a long time, I can assure you, that you can remind a runner of everything and be screaming at them and watch them still do something like what Hujsak did. General rule is if a coach has to yell at you, it's to late. Now I do agree our baserunning has been interesting to say the least, but that was just a brain cramp by Hujsak. Watch the replay he started coming back to third on ball 4 and then made a 180 and headed to the plate, it was to late for cheese to do anything at that point.
    LOL, I don't doubt what you say, but maybe someone could ask both runner and coach IF things were explained. It's a guess for all of us what may have been discussed or not discussed. Again no doubt runner made a mistake of not paying attention, but my first reaction watching was WTF? LOL, all good with you 24, you know more baseball than me, I don't have to be right every time on a message board.

May have some news for you on upcoming games.

vCash
    what was cheese supposed to do? "bases aren't loaded so don't try to walk home if this next pitch is a ball...if it's a strike stay here as well...if it's a wild pitch try to score if it's no doubt...if it bounces back quickly then hold up...if it's a deep fly ball we're gonna tag, etc........"

hell no, i guarantee you he relayed the situation and number of outs but you can't go over every possible scenario in every situation. also, if you think merely telling a base runner exactly what to and not to do is going to prevent any mistakes or errors then you haven't spent much time on the diamond. it is mind numbing what can happen at all levels.

vCash
    Well, I think I will go eat some "crow meat", LOL! Glad we won.

vCash
    LOL, I don't doubt what you say, but maybe someone could ask both runner and coach IF things were explained. It's a guess for all of us what may have been discussed or not discussed. Again no doubt runner made a mistake of not paying attention, but my first reaction watching was WTF? LOL, all good with you 24, you know more baseball than me, I don't have to be right every time on a message board.

May have some news for you on upcoming games.
    Ah man you know you're one of my favorites. Me and you will always be all good. And I agree someone should ask exactly what went on between cheese and Hujsak. I'd like to hear that as well. I'm wrong a plenty on here. I remember I had this kid played for me. Wound up playing d1 ball at eastern Kentucky, but was a truly awful base runner but blazing fast which made him even more dangerous lol. He was on second with 2 outs runner on first 3-2 count on hitter so we're off on the pitch. Im reminding him wait for the pitcher to release don't get picked. And you know what he did? Pitcher made inside move he left to soon and got picked. I was so mad I benched his butt right there. We lost that game by one run lol. Love the kid and him my son roomed together on baseball team at jones but he sucked as a base runner! I always appreciate and respect your posts my friend!

Just let me know on the games!

vCash
    Well, I think I will go eat some "crow meat", LOL! Glad we won.
    Naw dude you're good! Glad we won too!

Knowing what I know about Hujsak if that would've cost us the game someone would've had to keep him from jumping off a building. The kid is a competitor and hates losing and that play was out of character for him because he's fundamentally sound. Did y'all notice the hustle on the pop up to right the guy dropped? Hujsak never stopped running and wound up on third. Most players would've loaded and wound up on first maybe second. I'll let him slide on that because I know the kids makeup, just don't do it again or your fired lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    what was cheese supposed to do? "bases aren't loaded so don't try to walk home if this next pitch is a ball...if it's a strike stay here as well...if it's a wild pitch try to score if it's no doubt...if it bounces back quickly then hold up...if it's a deep fly ball we're gonna tag, etc........"

hell no, i guarantee you he relayed the situation and number of outs but you can't go over every possible scenario in every situation. also, if you think merely telling a base runner exactly what to and not to do is going to prevent any mistakes or errors then you haven't spent much time on the diamond. it is mind numbing what can happen at all levels.
    Exactly.

I'm not talking about Base here but we seem to have some fans that want to blame the coach for every single thing bad that happens. Like the coaches have remotes and are moving them. Shit just happens sometimes. Or we will talk about how lucky we were that Alford booted that ball knowing good and well that Alford is a shitty defender. And absolutely ignoring Chester's two throwing errors at 3rd on routine balls that helped Georgia score some runs.

vCash
    Exactly.

I'm not talking about Base here but we seem to have some fans that want to blame the coach for every single thing bad that happens. Like the coaches have remotes and are moving them. Shit just happens sometimes. Or we will talk about how lucky we were that Alford booted that ball knowing good and well that Alford is a shitty defender. And absolutely ignoring Chester's two throwing errors at 3rd on routine balls that helped Georgia score some runs.
    34 you know like I do that baseball, above all other sports, is a game of failure and you have to deal with adversity constantly. Kinda like life. Obviously you want to keep mistakes to a minimum but as you said sometimes, stuff happens. Baseball is not a sport where you can just put it in the hands of your best player every single time you need a big play. I don't think most of our fans understand this and expect perfection. That's why so many people give up In the game threads when we get behind early or when we lose a game we're not "supposed" to
    lose. Heck I've seen people hit 3 home runs in a game and then come up in the 9th with the winning run on and whiff. I've also seen games where a guy whiffs 4 times and comes up in the 9th and drives in the winning run you forget about the 4 whiffs. In baseball you constantly have to deal with failure and it's how you deal with it that separates winners from losers. It's why a lot of sports fans can't handle baseball! Sorry rant over!

vCash

BS! It's 100% on him! The base coaches job is not to just wave runners. It is to keep them aware of the situation too. Yes, Hugesack screwed up but it was the coach or more like, the lack-of that let him screw up.

vCash
    Exactly.

That is correct and a good point about not liking a Coach and blaming lots of situations on a coach that he has no control. We have improved no doubt, I just hope we keep it up, Lord knows I have been somewhat outspoken about Lemonis, but I just want us to win! Btw, I don't dislike Lemonis, I just think he fell a sleep at the wheel to quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    BS! It's 100% on him! The base coaches job is not to just wave runners. It is to keep them aware of the situation too. Yes, Hugesack screwed up but it was the coach or more like, the lack-of that let him screw up.
    This is insane.

What do we think he did not tell him that he should have? Do not walk home if there is a walk here because the bases are not loaded?

Some things can be assumed. A coach does not tell every player on the field every detail about a play before every pitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    disagreement noted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This is insane.

What do we think he did not tell him that he should have? Do not walk home if there is a walk here because the bases are not loaded?
    Not to mention that Hugesak stole 3rd a couple pitches earlier because the 3rd baseman was cheating trying to sneak in on the bunt. Who we gonna give that credit to?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This is insane.

Some things can be assumed. A coach does not tell every player on the field every detail about a play before every pitch.
    Yep! 100%