Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
All this Jans talk had me thinking about Lemonis vs Jans, and why I feel loyalty to Lemonis.

Jans
- obviously wants out : looking for other jobs
- had asked for and received fan support
- has improved NIL funds as fans support the program
- we are a definite stepping stone to him it seems

Lemonis
- does nothing but praise State baseball program as the premier place to be
- constantly talks about the privilege the players have to feel for playing in front of our fans
- can recruit
- our team was not tough last year. We are now. He addressed the problem.
- won national championship

I remember Moorhead and how he treated our program. Saying stuff like - ?people act like I inherited the 85 Bears?, etc,,, just nonsense.

Mullen at the end was looking for a job every year.

Lemonis makes no excuses. All i have heard is him saying the expectations are high here and are justified.

If you view Lemonis negatively, I think you should relook.
I think he piggy-backed off the success of Cannizaro and Henderson building a solid foundation. That's not to say Lemonis can't coach. He can, and he took us to Omaha a couple of times and won the title. But I need to see him live up to our standard on his own, fully with his recruits, and he simply hasn't done that yet. He's had two terrible years, and this year is TBD. We're better for sure this year, but I expect more for this program than two bad years and a third year ending our season in a road regional somewhere. I expect us to host more often than not, and I expect us to compete for more national titles.