Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey SVd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Hey SVD, if you or any of your storm chase buddies are down this way and need anything just holler, got lots of family and friends here in jones/jasper county.
    Will do. I'm planning on staying in Brookhaven as it stands now. Probably have 1 or 2 more down here, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Will do. I'm planning on staying in Brookhaven as it stands now. Probably have 1 or 2 more down here, too.
    Don't we have a few posters from that area?>>?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And she laughed?? Yn how is it in Starkville and will they get the game in?
    Games been cancelled.

vCash
    Seriously, Just let me know if y'all need anything. I'll pm you my cell number.

vCash
    I know the NWS has south MS as moderate, but what are your projections for Hattie?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I know the NWS has south MS as moderate, but what are your projections for Hattie?
    I think right now the mod risk is warranted, but it's conditional. There's a couple of possible kill switches still in play. The first is the track of the low. That will determine how large the open warm sector will be. The other is will the morning storms kill the instability and hamper destabilization again. This may just end up being a rainy mess with a couple of severe storms. If neither of those happen then a significant event could unfold.

vCash
    I think right now the mod risk is warranted, but it's conditional. There's a couple of possible kill switches still in play. The first is the track of the low. That will determine how large the open warm sector will be. The other is will the morning storms kill the instability and hamper destabilization again. This may just end up being a rainy mess with a couple of severe storms. If neither of those happen then a significant event could unfold.
    I follow Nick Lilja too and just explained the exact same scenario you did. Makes me trust Nick a little more since you have been extremely accurate over the years. Thanks for all you do, my man!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I follow Nick Lilja too and just explained the exact same scenario you did. Makes me trust Nick a little more since you have been extremely accurate over the years. Thanks for all you do, my man!
    Appreciate it. I'm ready to get out on the road tomorrow.

vCash
    Appreciate it. I'm ready to get out on the road tomorrow.
    Be safe out there! Y'all will be in our prayers!

vCash
    Don't forget you got buds in Madison also .

vCash
    Yep, at least 2 buds in Madison!

vCash
    I appreciate all that. Latest info might be trending to a messier storm mode and suppressed further south. Everything will update around 1:00am. If it's looking too messy I may not burn the vacation, but I haven't chased in so long I'm suffering withdrawal. Since we became a nonprofit I've spent more time trying to fundraise than chasing storms. And so far chasing storms is a lot less stressful.

vCash
    The models are splitting on two possible scenarios. One is the low slows down and takes a more northward track. This would expand the warm sector and allow for a larger, more significant event. The other is tracks more south and the area of biggest impact is drug south with it impacting less of the state. If the first scenario is the winner it would not surprise me at all to see an upgrade to a moderate risk.
    I'm scheduled to take the train to New Orleans tomorrow leaving around 12 from Jackson. Will I be good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailState2008 View Post
    I'm scheduled to take the train to New Orleans tomorrow leaving around 12 from Jackson. Will I be good?
    Based on current information you could be in the middle of it. I hate to the phrase worst possible timing but...

vCash
    Hey SVD the YouTube Channel is up/

vCash
    Hey SVD just PM you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    If this is the case I guarantee hwy 37 between taylorsville and Raleigh will have a tornado warned storm cross it at some point.
    Dude I live on it chill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Dude I live on it chill
    Keep you head down over that way and stay safe

vCash
    Tornado Warning
    National Weather Service Jackson MS
    752 PM CDT Tue Apr 9 2024

The National Weather Service in Jackson has issued a

* Tornado Warning for... Northeastern Warren County in west central Mississippi... South central Yazoo County in central Mississippi... Northern Hinds County in central Mississippi... Southwestern Madison County in central Mississippi...

* Until 845 PM CDT.

* At 751 PM CDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was located over Redwood, or 8 miles northeast of Vicksburg, moving east at 45 mph.

vCash
    Tornado Warning
    National Weather Service Jackson MS
    824 PM CDT Tue Apr 9 2024

The National Weather Service in Jackson has issued a

* Tornado Warning for... West central Rankin County in central Mississippi... Central Hinds County in central Mississippi...

* Until 930 PM CDT.

* At 824 PM CDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was located over Learned, or 8 miles west of Raymond, moving east at 35 mph.