Should not be the difference between the site saying the season is over and this site saying all is well, we have a good team.

Anyway, I looked up some stats to try and zoom out from just wins and loses or the latest on field product.

SEC ONLY: 5th in ERA (holy crap what a job by Parker!), 1st in defense (again a massive turnaround from last year), T11th SLG%, 6th OBP.

WHOLE SEASON: 6th in ERA, 2nd in defense, 13th SLG%, 10th OPB

Notes:

1) We've had it easy overall, with the (SECs) 12th ranked SOS per Warren Nolan. So our season long stats may be a bit inflated relative to our peers.

2) SEC only play the ERA of our opponents is (in order of when we played them) 11th, 6th, 7th, 12th. IE, the average ERA of our opponents is 9th so our already bad offensive numbers should get worse as we face the better staffs.

3) SEC only play our opponents offense have been pretty normal: average 5th in SLG% and 7.5 in OBP, so our pitching numbers seem legitimate.

Thoughts:

A) Jake G is absolutely awful at his job. Yet another year of sub average offense despite our top 10 classes he helped evaluate. Conversely, Parker is amazing

B) how "good" we truly are depends a lot on how you personally weigh defense, pitching, or offense. It also depends on if you think we "regress" to our non-con offense or if it's permanently improved. As I said in 2) above, we have faced relatively bad pitching so far.so I expect us to drop a bit even if we don't go full "non-con" again. I think we're roughly the 8th or 9th best team in the SEC but it's debatable.

Lemones' Buyout Dollar Question:

Is being the 8th best team enough to where you want Lemo back? I can't say he should be fired for it, but I also don't think we will be better next year. Feels like delaying the inevitable and wasting another year if we bring him back. But he won't be fired if we actually finish 8th. What would you want to happen?